Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What could be fun in a new Marvel/DC Crossover?

I proposed this question on the DC boards before the forum reset, but perhaps the discussion would be different on this board. While I doubt either company would persue a team-up given the current corporate atmosphere, I think there is still a lot of potential to be mined from Big-Two Crossovers.

List or Explain some limited series you'd want to see featuring crossovers of DC and Marvel characters.

To get the ball rolling, assume an ideal (not necessarily up to today's) cannon.

And as to how the universes come together, assume it's pretty easy to move back in forth between the two. Metropolis shows up upsidedown in the sky above NYC, etc etc. Maybe Darkseid gets his hands on the Infinity Gauntlet and Space Gem, hijinx ensue.

I sincerely dont know or care what caused the crossover.
    I would be more interested on the interactions between heroes, or the reactions, do you imagine what would be superman's reactions to, lets say, the fights caused by original sin ?.
    or the x-men's reactions to the dc universe, where you are not hunted for having powers ?.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Well to start with why not revive Marvel/DC "tour guide" Access and check up on what he's been doing between universes. Was his travel affected by the New 52? Or the Age of Ultron space/time damage?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member AnimalSquabbles's Avatar

Darkseid already had the Infinity Gauntlet in the Justice League vs Avengers crossover. It had no power in the DC universe, so he just took it off and threw it down then teleported away. LoL

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Just one of the many Marvel U putdowns throughout the series. Why the hell would Darksied not just keep the thing ( instead of discarding it like an oily rag) and conquer the Universe it does work in?

Anyhow, in answer to your question Batman/Wolverine would seem a no brainer.
    Last edited by blakkrussian; 06-04-2014 at 03:47 AM.

I would do what they did with the 52 Villains covers except 52 One-Shots of DC Heroes vs Marvel Villains and Marvel Heroes vs DC Villains.

I'll go with my old standby: JSA/Invaders similar to Bryne's Batman/Capt America crossover....

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd love see a DC/Marvel ongoing. No new continuity or cross-over needed. Just this book set in a world where all characters exist at once.

Each is a self-contained story, say a six issue arc, featuring a different hero/hero, hero/villain, villain/villain interaction and has no consequences in the respective canons.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'd love see a DC/Marvel ongoing. No new continuity or cross-over needed. Just this book set in a world where all characters exist at once.

Each is a self-contained story, say a six issue arc, featuring a different hero/hero, hero/villain, villain/villain interaction and has no consequences in the respective canons.
    I like this because it allows for any given character to team up with more than just the character editorial deemed to be his "counterpart." It would be obvious to do another "Aquaman and Namor" team-up, but I would want to see him and Mera with Black Bolt and Medusa, or him and Thor vs. Orm and Loki.

I'd still say have some slight notion of a plot so that there's a big finale of all these different heroes on page at once like the last two crossovers.

The fanboy in me wants to see a rematch between Thor and Superman where Thor punks him.

Incredible Member

I'd love to see a match-up between Sub-Mariner and Superman set in 1938, 39, when Namor begins attacking the surface world, and the Man of Steel's powers, were limited to super strength, jumping instead of flying, invulnerability, and being faster than a speeding bullet.

Also that long awaited, oft debated Thanos/Darkseid throwdown.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    Also that long awaited, oft debated Thanos/Darkseid throwdown.
    I can believe a lot of cross-company fights. But Darkseid would eat Thanos. I mean, the Mad Titan is a badass, absolutely. He's one of the most powerful beings around. But Darkseid IS the top of the evil cosmic entity food chain. Thanos wants to court death and go out? Darkseid already got death knocked up and then never called her back.

Someone tell me there's an Epic Rap Battles of History between these two.

For my money, I'd like to see Deadpool and Harley Quinn met each other. I'd also like to see Superman run into Galactus. I don't think Superman would win that fight but I'd love to see them converse.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd also like to see Superman run into Galactus. I don't think Superman would win that fight but I'd love to see them converse.
    Aside from the Superman/Fantastic Four crossover, you mean? They met there already, and did more than converse.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Batman joins the Avengers.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!