Exclamation Looking for a spider man issue

Hoping someone can help me out I'm looking for a spider man comic book i had as a kid. Don't remember which one it was but the villain could transform into any hero or villain. The villain's costume was black and gold or black and yellow and the issue came out around 2000-2002. I kinda remember the story the villain was mad at spiderman because his died pretending to be spiderman swinf from somewhere and fell to his death. Also peter was dog sitting for his neighbor while she was way. If anyone knows what issue this was i would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like you're talking about Fusion (Wayne Markley). His first appearance was in a three-parter in Peter Parker: Spider-Man v2 #30-32 where he made Spidey think that he broke his neck.

Fun fact: The final issue of that story was the first Spidey comic I've ever bought.
    Last edited by Alastor; 08-18-2015 at 04:42 AM.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

If the villain he is talking about is Fusion (and I'm 99% sure that's Fusion), one of this 6 issues must be the one Dreman is looking for:

http://www.comicvine.com/peter-parke...es/4005-33762/

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    Sounds like you're talking about Fusion (Wayne Markley). His first appearance was in a three-parter in Peter Parker: Spider-Man v2 #29-31 where he made Spidey think that he broke his neck.
    if I had answered 11 minutes before...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreman View Post
    Hoping someone can help me out I'm looking for a spider man comic book i had as a kid . . . and the issue came out around 2000-2002.
    Thank you for including that bit of information. I'm amazed by people who make posts asking about "a comic book I had as a kid" without providing such simple information as to WHEN they were "a kid". Hell, not all of us here are the same age . . . in my case, I was a "kid" back in the late 1960s / early 1970s, but I wouldn't automatically assume everybody would think back that far if I was asking about something "I had as a kid".

Another gripe: people who ask about a comic book they bought in the past but then neglect to mention they bought it another country, where comic book stories from the U.S. may have been collected and reprinted in different titles. If someone posts a cover of a U.S. comic book and asks "Is this the one?", it may not look familiar even though the story inside is the one somebody is asking about. (And people on these boards from the U.S. / North America tend to forget how many people post here who aren't from the same country.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (And people on these boards from the U.S. / North America tend to forget how many people post here who aren't from the same country.)
    I'm not from U.S., for exemple, and I post here.

Thanks everyone, funny thing that was my first Spider-Man comic i had so it holds a special place in my heart.
    Last edited by Dreman; 08-18-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Thank you for including that bit of information. I'm amazed by people who make posts asking about "a comic book I had as a kid" without providing such simple information as to WHEN they were "a kid". Hell, not all of us here are the same age . . . in my case, I was a "kid" back in the late 1960s / early 1970s, but I wouldn't automatically assume everybody would think back that far if I was asking about something "I had as a kid".

Another gripe: people who ask about a comic book they bought in the past but then neglect to mention they bought it another country, where comic book stories from the U.S. may have been collected and reprinted in different titles. If someone posts a cover of a U.S. comic book and asks "Is this the one?", it may not look familiar even though the story inside is the one somebody is asking about. (And people on these boards from the U.S. / North America tend to forget how many people post here who aren't from the same country.)
    You do realize that Dreman's has more information than the excerpt you quoted? In fact, it was enough for me to pinpoint the villain and the story he was referring to. Even though I was about ten years old at that time and I've bought one of those issues in a foreign edition. Geez, what are the odds?
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    You do realize that Dreman's has more information than the excerpt you quoted? In fact, it was enough for me to pinpoint the villain and the story he was referring to. Even though I was about ten years old at that time and I've bought one of those issues in a foreign edition. Geez, what are the odds?
    What I quoted was the part where he gives an idea of when the book was published. The whole point I was making that some people who create posts of "I'm trying to remember a comic book I had as a kid" never say how old they are now / when they were "a kid", which doesn't help if the description of the story is vague.