Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I don't think a tie-in book based on the TV show would keep then from doing a new Supergirl comic book in the main DC universe . . . I just don't know how likely it would be for DC to launch a DCYou Supergirl title ahead of a TV tie-in series at present.
    I think it would be interesting to see them do just the TV tie-in, as an experiment.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see them do just the TV tie-in, as an experiment.
    I wonder how well it would sell if that was literally the only place to get a Supergirl fix.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    We Tim Drake fans speak for ourselves.
    Sorry for making the generalization if it offended you, but I thought the point about how quiet and underwhelmed the online fans of the character are by Batman Beyond made it funny.

I mean, in a very real way, the new Batman Beyond premise is a different animal from almost any alternative a Tim Drake book would have; everything about the premise hinges on Future's End, while very little of it actually hangs onto Tim's general characterization, even in the New 52. There's an interesting question posed as to whether Batman Beyond would lose any readers if it's star character headlined a more traditional series: if it wouldn't, then Tim's place in the book is largely inconsequential, but if it did, it seems more likely to me that the new book would prove more successful. There is just too much baggage with the Batman Beyond book, what with the OMAC Zombies, replacing of Terry, and deployment of a Tim who still has very few ties to any of his previous incarnations.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by lorddominicus85 View Post
    I'd really like to see Dc explore it's darker corners with a team of anti heroes (Not unlike Uncanny X-Force) that deals with the grey areas of the DC world, possibly lead by Lex Luthor and featuring Deathstroke, Killer Frost, Simon Baz (Depowered but still trying to be a hero) Captain Cold and Donna Troy (Exploring this darker version of Donna Troy further as she tries to move into being an anti hero).
    Because New Suicide Squad and Secret Six are filled with too many optimistic do-gooders?

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Sorry for making the generalization if it offended you, but I thought the point about how quiet and underwhelmed the online fans of the character are by Batman Beyond made it funny.

I mean, in a very real way, the new Batman Beyond premise is a different animal from almost any alternative a Tim Drake book would have; everything about the premise hinges on Future's End, while very little of it actually hangs onto Tim's general characterization, even in the New 52. There's an interesting question posed as to whether Batman Beyond would lose any readers if it's star character headlined a more traditional series: if it wouldn't, then Tim's place in the book is largely inconsequential, but if it did, it seems more likely to me that the new book would prove more successful. There is just too much baggage with the Batman Beyond book, what with the OMAC Zombies, replacing of Terry, and deployment of a Tim who still has very few ties to any of his previous incarnations.
    As a Tim Drake fan, I don't like him in Batman Beyond at all. I'm not hating on Dan Jurgens at all (okay, I've hated on him in the past, but most of his recent work has been on point). Everything about the book down to "Tim's" characterization doesn't scream Tim Drake at all.

In any case, I don't see why they can't continue the current Batman Beyond (which is, essentially, NOT a Tim Drake book but rather just another Batman book) *and* launch a Tim book set in the present day as Red Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I wonder how well it would sell if that was literally the only place to get a Supergirl fix.
    I'm still wondering whether DC trying to figure something out for Kara is why she's been completely absent from "Truth," when at least Superboy has the excuse of being stuck with the Titans and all the drama going on over there with him.

I can't help but wonder whether her absence is related to DC trying to figure out what to do with Supergirl in tandem with what the show is doing...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still wondering whether DC trying to figure something out for Kara is why she's been completely absent from "Truth," when at least Superboy has the excuse of being stuck with the Titans and all the drama going on over there with him.

I can't help but wonder whether her absence is related to DC trying to figure out what to do with Supergirl in tandem with what the show is doing...
    Perhaps they want to avoid the concept that she ought to be following him around keeping him safe.

Perhaps they want to avoid the concept that she ought to be following him around keeping him safe.
    Yeah, that did strike me as being a possible reason too. Having Kara around would probably take away a lot of the difficulty present in Clark's loss of power or the need for him to overcome hurdles with his weakened strength, so I can see why from a writing standpoint they might want to avoid that.

But Kara's complete absence from anything since her book ended is still pretty jarring.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    New writers on... The Flash would be awesome.
    And art. Definitely new art. This book is horrible since the new team (and I have gone out of my way to give it a chance), the new Wally has grown on me but their speed force concepts (admittedly, a poor carry on from the previous team) and Zoom have been awful. This has gone from a must read to casual flip through at LCS.

I am really enjoying Prez, and Pfifer's TT is fine as long as DC seem to insist that the fan favourite Young Justice show isn't the way to go... P.S. IT IS! THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

I'd like new Mr Terriffic, Supergirl and Superboy ongoings. Also, Black Lightning, Vixen and Hawkman (or HawkGirl/Woman - Liefeld... Liefelded the character up in his appalling HM run).

I think we're a shoe-in for a Ted Kord Blue Beetle soon. Johns' obviously wants it, though there was nothing wrong with Jaime Reyes as a character other than the tallent black hole that is Beddard's writing.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

A new series with Madame Xanadu might be nice if they can find the right artist and writer.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A new series with Madame Xanadu might be nice if they can find the right artist and writer.
    What I would like to see is a new imprint for the Dark titles, like "DC Fringe" or something.
    Essentially what Vertigo was like when it started.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Brian Bootch mentioned that he's got something for DC to be announced in the next couple of months -- could signal a new wave of announcements, could be for DC Digital.

Very much hoping for

Legion (Tom King, Tim Seeley, Jorge Jimenez)
    Shazam (Likely: Geoff Johns, Gary Frank Hoping For: Tim Seeley, Doc Shaner)
    Swamp Thing (China Mieville, Marco Rudy)
    Doom Patrol (Tom King, Toby Cypress Wishful Thinking: Al Ewing, Brendan McCarthy)
    Supergirl (Mark Russell, Ben Caldwell)
    Dark Universe (Steve Orlando, Artyom Trakhanov)
    Mystic U (announced creative team)
    Animal Girl (Genevieve Valentine, Travel Foreman)

Plus I'd like to see a number of creative team changes, but it's kind of gross to talk about that, like wishing someone gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Plus I'd like to see a number of creative team changes, but it's kind of gross to talk about that, like wishing someone gets fired.
    Yeah....besides the fact that the creative team you want out can be doing a great work according to someone else's opinion.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Jason Aaron is no longer exclusive to Marvel. I'd like to see DC go after him.

Matt Fraction, Kieron Gillen, Ales Kot, Rick Remender, and (I believe) Nathan Edmondson all are taking a break from their Marvel work. DC could likewise try to hire one or two of them, and I'm sure they'd bite if the price was right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Yeah....besides the fact that the creative team you want out can be doing a great work according to someone else's opinion.
    Well I don't think that's necessarily wrong, certainly not in our economic system; putting my needs ahead of the needs of others, as a consumer, is sort of the heart of capitalism. Trying to maximize my own 'good', my own utility.

But even people whose writing I don't vibe with aren't bad people, don't deserve to lose their job just because their work doesn't appeal to me.