Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

I don't like the idea of Supergirl getting a title just because she has a show coming out. If it was a movie, then I could see them doing something like that because films reach a far more wider audience. And Supergirl needs to actually be interesting, not just piggybacking off of the success of another character.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think anyone will argue that Kon/Conner/The Kid/Superboy needs a new spin, and probably would be served by a good book. I think there might be some feeling that Supergirl, as the older and reinvigorated spinoff franchise, should be successfully relaunched first, and that Teen Titans, as the company's flagship for teen heroes, should likewise be reinvigorated before launching newer books of property tied into it.

Teen Titan's latest solicitations seem to imply it's not being cancelled anytime soon, or else that we're going to have another rushed conclusion like the end of Lobdell's run.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I liked the New 52 Supergirl run up until she got sucked into that Lobdell Superman crossover. After that, DC seemed to have ping ponged her around too much.

Theres a number of DC characters that have stayed in a perpetual state of identity crisis since, well, Crisis.
    Superboy, Supergirl, Donna Troy, Huntress and Power Girl have each had their share of even writers not knowing who they were anymore.

Huntress and Power Girl had stabilized prior to Flashpoint.
    Donna Troy was debatable... now in need of repair again... and possibly on the table in Titans Hunt and Wonder Woman.
    But Superboy and Supergirl have both been scrapped and redone so many times, most in an effort to alternately separate from and then reconnect to their original incarnations. One day, they're like "Oh, let's make them as different as possible from their 60s-80s versions, they were so cheesy", and then the next day, "we should make them more like their classic versions to celebrate DC's history with the characters".
    If these were real people, they'd be schizophrenic by now!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the SUPERGIRL series that just ended. The Bedard stuff was pretty abysmal, but the book was really getting back on track and hitting a nice stride- going into a cosmic direction which is something I've championed for the character forever. I guess a shiny new #1 will look good with the new TV show but I hope we don't get the same Kara from that show.

Anyway, Kara needs a presence. SUPERGIRL is a must.

I'd like to see a new BATWOMAN by Greg Rucka, a KID FLASH book with strong ties to THE FLASH, a MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS by Jeff Parker mini, and more GRAYSON tie-in stuff. THE FLASH, BATMAN/SUPERMAN, and GREEN LANTERN really need new creative teams.

I'd expect BATMAN/SUPERMAN to get a major shake up with BATMAN V. SUPERMAN hitting the cinemas soon.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I liked the New 52 Supergirl run up until she got sucked into that Lobdell Superman crossover. After that, DC seemed to have ping ponged her around too much.
    Same, the title had a very strong start.

I also enjoyed the last few issues before the ax fell.

You know, when i opened this thread, i was thinking "new ideas for new books", not "i don't like the direction this book is going, therefore the creative team must be fired".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

My wish list for new books:

--Birds of Prey (already mentioned here, with Batgirl, Spoiler, Bluebird, Batwoman, and Black Canary)
    --Young Justice (with Damian Wayne, Billy Batson, Chris Kent, and Danny the Street)
    --Tim Drake ongoing book
    --a new Superboy book that is fun, cool, funny, and entertaining. A "batgirling" of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    --Tim Drake ongoing book
    You mean besides the new Batman Beyond series? Would Drake rate appearing in three monthly titles?

BANNED

Id expect something for Vixen given she's getting featured in a animated series then there is also the Dark Universe which is yet to be shown.

BANNED

Got my fingers crossed for Doom Patrol, even if it's a mini-series.

You mean besides the new Batman Beyond series? Would Drake rate appearing in three monthly titles?
    Please, that ain't my Tim.

And the kid can hold down an ongoing book easily while appearing in a team book at the same time. He had his own book while both Young Justice and his affiliation with the Teen Titans were happening. On top of regular appearances in the monthly Batman/Detective books and the occasional guest star in Nightwing and other titles. His ongoing book nearly ran 200 issues through all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    "All-Star Section Eight", "Bat-Mite", "Bizarro", "Harley Quinn & Power Girl" and the first "season" of "Prez".
    Great, almost half of my DC comics are ending.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Extraordinary Member

We Tim Drake fans do not talk about that series.

If your star is a Tim Drake who's the possible future version of the current Tim Drake (with his abysmal New 52 spin) trapped in another possible future for Terry McGinnis, but it resembles yet another possible future of the kind of stupid Zombie Omacs, then it ain't a Tim Drake book.

In fact that entire generation of teen heroes could use some pep; Pfeifer's run wasn't launched with any real power behind the somewhat hackneyed social media schtick, so the stink of Vol. 1 is still on the characters and team in Teen Titans. They need something to reinvigorate them. New costumes, new direction, new antagonists (they can't keep fighting omniscient manipulators enigmatic organizations in between fighting themselves), probably a new creative team that's built story first as opposed to art first (Roccafort's art was a much stronger selling point than Pfeifer's writing), and enough creative freedom to stop chasing New Teen Titans' shadow.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    "All-Star Section Eight", "Bat-Mite", "Bizarro", "Harley Quinn & Power Girl" and the first "season" of "Prez".
    Great, almost half of my DC comics are ending.
    But all those titles were originally announced as mini-/limited-series in the beginning, so there should be no surprises there. Prez may be the one surprise because I think it was originally announced as twelve issues, not as two six-issue runs.