Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    There's a Metal Men mini already scheduled for early 2016.
    I completely forgot to add that to my list.

After reading Batgirl Annual #3 I realize that I would LOVE a new Birds of Prey book with Batgirl, Spoiler, Bluebird, Batwoman, and Black Canary.

sad to see All Star Section 8, Harley & Power Girl, and Bizarro go as they've have been fantastic. i hope DC doesn't give up on the comedy books. doesn't sound like they're selling well at all but they've been very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'm hoping for Supergirl as well. I'd also really like to see someone else on writing duties for Teen Titans since Pfiefer isn't cutting it for me. I find his work to be far to by the numbers which makes it unappealing and uninteresting to me. In some ways I find his run of Teen Titans to be worse then Lobdell's was.
    it would be a huge missed opportunity to not launch a new Supergirl title what with the new show set to premiere. and i think a lot of people agree that Teen Titans needs a major overhaul. hopefully Titans Hunt brings back some of the team's history.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    After reading Batgirl Annual #3 I realize that I would LOVE a new Birds of Prey book with Batgirl, Spoiler, Bluebird, Batwoman, and Black Canary.
    i love this idea!

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I really hope Bizarro gets #7 in December, which would be the start of a new six issue miniseries. I've been enjoying the art style and writing of the comic.

I would be interested in buying this for sure, but it also really depends on who the writer and artist team would be.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Everyone knows that either Becky Cloonan or Brenden Fletcher is needed for Supergirl. They would bring life to her book, and it would become as popular or even more so that Batgirl.

It's going to be a struggle when Prez ends. I'm loving that book.

Titles that need new Creative Teams:
    Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Maybe Teen Titans.

But Wonder Woman is in desperate need of a new creative team, same with the Flash

And get Bengal drawing it.

With that Didio message, it's pretty much all but confirmed that we'll be seeing a new Supergirl book or Kara back to having a presence in the Superman books in June.

Now the question is whether they'll bring back the creative team from her last run, who I thought were doing a great job and was disappointed to see it get cut so short, do something totally or tonally different with Kara in the vein of Batgirl and Black Canary (Fletcher involvement would not surprise me), or something more inspired by the TV shows.

But considering how Kara's current personality, supporting cast, and how she's portrayed as adjusting to Earth in the comics seem fairly different from what the show is going for, I imagine the easiest way to connect the comics with the show would be to give Supergirl her classic look back, skirt and all .

I wonder if a new Shazam book by Johns and Frank might spinoff from Darkseid War?

Wonder Woman and Flash seem like the two books most in need of a new creative team and direction, even if DC seems oblivious to the issues people are having with what the Finches, Venditti, and Jensen are doing.
    Last edited by Frontier; 08-18-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Supergirl is almost a must for the reasons everyone else has said.

I find myself really missing a Blue Beetle comic, either Ted or Jaime, or better yet, both in a team up mini. I'm not sure what the odds of that happening are. I'd hope to mostly keep it light, though it doesn't have to go in full Bwhahaha territory

You'd think with Cisco on the Flash TV show getting some love, Vibe might get another shot (His first series in the nu52 was incredible, but unsung) at least as part of a team book.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

i would love to see a Blue Beetles book featuring Ted and Jaime. though it would most likely be the young Ted Kord introduced in Forever Evil.

and i agree that it makes zero sense for DC to shelve Vibe with Cisco becoming so popular on The Flash show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With that Didio message, it's pretty much all but confirmed that we'll be seeing a new Supergirl book or Kara back to having a presence in the Superman books in June.
    You mean June 2016?

Note the date given for when the posts from DiDio were made:
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Dan DiDio, something about Supergirl is in the works. I hope it's a new series.
    The post below is from february 2015:
    Did she show up anywhere in June of 2015?

Didio might have been referring to Supergirl showed up in JL 3001.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

With that and the recent push of her 80s comics on Comixology and the upcoming tv show, I think readers are being primed for a new Supergirl run. But I think they're going to go with a more classic look/feel to more closely match the show and are trying to distance it from the last series.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You mean June 2016?

Note the date given for when the posts from DiDio were madeid she show up anywhere in June of 2015?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

With that and the recent push of her 80s comics on Comixology and the upcoming tv show, I think readers are being primed for a new Supergirl run. But I think they're going to go with a more classic look/feel to more closely match the show and are trying to distance it from the last series.
    Ah, I see. Forgot that Supergirl was another classic character recently brought into Justice League 3001 .

I'm expecting that, when Kara comes back, she'll likely be sporting the classic Supergirl look, and if they want to acknowledge her previous run and how she was portrayed there while going for something different (and maybe more in line with how she is on the show) they could just say Kara's trying to reinvent herself and going back to basics in the same vein as Barbara and Dinah.

I do wonder whether Johns will touch up on Ted's appearance in Forever Evil post-Darkseid War. He probably has the best idea about the Ted Kord "plans" that kept him from showing up in Arrow, so maybe that's connected to his plans with Ted?

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Besides Supergirl returning in a new ongoing, I'd like to read a new ongoing Question comic series. It could be a sequel continuing off from Greg Rucka and Cully Hamner's Convergence miniseries or a completely new comic series starring Vic Sage as The Question.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

BANNED

All supergirl needs to do is get a job and go more feminine and human with her traditional skirt supersuit

I know I'm gonna get crap for this,but superboy needs another book.he needs a totally different angle,a totally different mindset.maybe they should "batgirl" him so he is a Lil closer to his original kesel version,or make him a Lil more like the YJ tv show version was.kon was **** on over and over again since the reboot,and imo worse than any other character,I think he deserves to be fixed by DC.