Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I took a break from buying monthly issues for a while and just started trade waiting stuff. But then a few of the titles I like got cancelled and I felt partially responsible for not buying the monthly issues. So now I am back to buying monthly issues mainly.

I do wish they would have more extra stuff in the monthly issues rather than the trade though. The people that buy the monthly issues and support the comic should get the extra stuff like extra sketches and behind the scenes extras rather than the people that trade wait. Someone mentioned this in the letters page of 'Copperhead' recently. And it sounds like those creators might soon oblige the fans who buy Copperhead monthly and start putting some extra stuff in those issues. 'Low' recently did that too with some behind the scenes interviews with the creators in the monthly comic. I think that is cool.
    I think that's a great idea, creators should reward people who support their book by buying single issues with extra content that doesn't get reprinted elsewhere. I've noticed another trend recently where people are waiting for the Deluxe Hardcover, this could be especially damaging if people aren't buying the trades as well as the single issues!

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

The Goddamned looks gorgeous (and reminds me to get back to that Scalped trade...).

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    The Goddamned looks gorgeous (and reminds me to get back to that Scalped trade...).
    I'm supposed to be cutting books, not adding them. I'll admit I've gotten carried away with my own personal budget for comics. When Marvel relaunches in October I'm using that to cut back big time with the exception of the Spider-Man books and any Thor/Asgardian books. I haven't wanted to add any more Image books either but I was already planning to get Monstress and was on the fence about Goddamned and Huck. But crap if Goddamed doesn't look good. I'll probably pick it up.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 08-30-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    I think that's a great idea, creators should reward people who support their book by buying single issues with extra content that doesn't get reprinted elsewhere. I've noticed another trend recently where people are waiting for the Deluxe Hardcover, this could be especially damaging if people aren't buying the trades as well as the single issues!
    Brubaker and Phillips do this with all their creator owned books. This was also part of the Slimline concept (Fell and Casanova) at Image, with the backmatter. Sadly it didn't seem to catch on outside of the aforementioned Bru/Phillips books.