Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Only Evan/Kid Apoc has any potential here, while the O4 can only stall potential of any kind as long as they exist in the same time as their adult selves.
    Old Cyke is missing(and dead in SW) , blue beast is with the inhumans, old angel is mindwiped/dead, don't know about old iceman tough. If you mean that they stall the potential for X kids appearing, you know marvel doesn't care about promoting new X men, they'd just be giving fox more material to work with

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Old Cyke is missing(and dead in SW) , blue beast is with the inhumans, old angel is mindwiped/dead, don't know about old iceman tough. If you mean that they stall the potential for X kids appearing, you know marvel doesn't care about promoting new X men, they'd just be giving fox more material to work with
    Either way, their stalling potential of anything.

We X-fans are put in a tough position. We don't really find the direction of the X-books all that interesting on a whole, but if we don't support the books you know Marvel is going to use it as an excuse to put them on F4 status.

BANNED

What's the point of doing these if you don't answer anything? Or get snarky with the fans? I got a question...why are we even still doing this O5 crap?

BANNED

Only Evan/Kid Apoc has any potential here, while the O4 can only stall potential of any kind as long as they exist in the same time as their adult selves.
    That's just the problem most of the new students created end up being just cannon fodder as they never take the time to develop them into something major. Having just two newer characters with the o4 and Wolverine actually gives the writers a chance in developing two newer characters into major characters and making major storylines for them.

It gets messed up when you have lots of new mutants who get abandoned by the next writer who creates their own new mutants. Cutting back the number of X-Men had to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That's just the problem most of the new students created end up being just cannon fodder as they never take the time to develop them into something major. Having just two newer characters with the o4 and Wolverine actually gives the writers a chance in developing two newer characters into major characters and making major storylines for them.

It gets messed up when you have lots of new mutants who get abandoned by the next writer who creates their own new mutants. Cutting back the number of X-Men had to happen.
    I don't mind cutting the number of students, I just hope that they kept the ones that got developed the most before SW, besides Aaron's group.

Those are the one's that should be getting used now. As long as it doesn't just end at Evan and Oya, it's all good.

Fantastic Member

Not really interested in the cast, and didn't care for almost anything Bendis did with the O5 in the last year, much of which it seems will be carried over into this by Hopeless, so this is sounding like an easy pass.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Interview was dull bit this book looks good. X23 with cosmic Angel + Kid Aoc has me in following for at least the 1st arc.

After reading his work on Secret Wars: Inferno, Dennis Hopeless has convinced me that he's equipped to take on All-New X-men and make it awesome. I am a bit surprised though that more readers seem to favor X-23 and O5 Cyclops over her and O5 Angel. Why can't O5 Angel get any love? Granted, he was a bit of a whiner, but...well, I'll leave it at that and wait to see what Hopeless has in store. He's got a good cast of characters and a top notch artist in Mark Bagley. Far as I'm concerned, this series has everything it needs to succeed.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

i still can't believe he didn't say anything about laura....

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    After reading his work on Secret Wars: Inferno, Dennis Hopeless has convinced me that he's equipped to take on All-New X-men and make it awesome. I am a bit surprised though that more readers seem to favor X-23 and O5 Cyclops over her and O5 Angel. Why can't O5 Angel get any love? Granted, he was a bit of a whiner, but...well, I'll leave it at that and wait to see what Hopeless has in store. He's got a good cast of characters and a top notch artist in Mark Bagley. Far as I'm concerned, this series has everything it needs to succeed.
    Because Laura and Tyke actually had some sort of chemistry (still not as good as her chemistry with Hellion but it's okay) compared to Angel and Laura's forced "romance." Laura acted out of character throughout the whole "courtship" (there is no courtship). Plus, if you look back at Laura's history prior to her meeting the O5 you wouldn't think she'll be really uppity into getting into a relationship. Bendis doesn't understand how to write a good romance story (I know this is comics but sex doesn't always equal romance) and a girl like Laura would need a lot of time before she'll even consider sleeping with someone, though she is susceptible to having crushes on handsome guys.

and they're not sure they see eye-to-eye with the adult X-Men anymore.
    I find it odd that, having just gone down this exact route with the Bendis kids, they're now doing it all over again with the 05. I've quite enjoyed Bendis' All-New X-Men, but nothing so far has convinced me that their storytelling potential is more compelling than any generation of side-lined X-kids.

Oooooooooh House of M twinsies be causing a ruckus on the streets and the Red Guard(?) is NOT having it.

Boys will be boys.

And OF COURSE Wolverine's solution, in this reality and in ANY reality is to offer up a swift stabbing.

I really do not miss him.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

3 things that Hopeless said i like about this title that hopefully is also going to be the template for all the team books.
    Everyone gets to be spotlighted in the books.
    The return (hopefully) of X-villians and new villians.
    The book has at least a sense of direction.

I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Well, how about bringing those characters back to x-books and writing them in character instead of character assassinating them and/or shipping them off to limbo or other non-x-books? It is pretty obvious that NXM kids have been sidelined because they actually have potential compared to Bendis' blank slates, JGS jokes or OBore

Either way, their stalling potential of anything.

We X-fans are put in a tough position. We don't really find the direction of the X-books all that interesting on a whole, but if we don't support the books you know Marvel is going to use it as an excuse to put them on F4 status.
    That they are.

And yeah, Marvel has us between a rock and a hard place. We're not getting X-Men we want if we do buy the books and we're sure as hell not getting the X-Men we want if we don't buy the books...

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    What's the point of doing these if you don't answer anything? Or get snarky with the fans? I got a question...why are we even still doing this O5 crap?
    Now that's a good question that I'd really like to hear an answer to

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

But if they want to develop newer characters then why don't they just do that? What do we need the Bore4 for? It certainly isn't the sales since NXM kids sold well enough on their own last time they had a book focusing on them. We've had teen/student books since then that failed to sell but those haven't focused on NXM kids. They focused on characters that many fans seem to actually dislike (JGS kids) so how does Marvel know that they won't sell without Bore4? And if Marvel was interested in developing the kids why not start with the older ones before focusing on the latest ones like Kid A or Oya? Based on sales history Marvel should be trying to push NXM kids here since those characters sold fine instead of these 2 who were in books that didn't sell as well (Gen Hope and JGS kids' books)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i still can't believe he didn't say anything about laura....
    To be fair he shares her with Tom Taylor writing her solo book and he had an interview here on CBR before. Maybe he figured he doesn't need to say much more.
    "This is me being reasonable"