Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since Fact Channel was clearly created specifically for Silk to work at (they debuted at the same time), if her book is cancelled, Jonah may end up in limbo.
    I'm not worried about Jonah.

Credit where credit's due, he seems to be one of the few classic supporting characters Slott will consistently use.

Ben was lucky to have Spider-Woman pick him up...

Mary Jane and by Mary Jane I mean the character that we had before One More Day/Brand New Day ruined her.

Amazing Member

Nocturne, Cardiac, Spidercide (yes, no kiddin)

Mary Jane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kaine > Silver Sable > Bugle Staff > Julia Carpenter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bambi
    One thing missing in the current PI run is Peter developing a proper relationship (Lian Tang's one was a joke), but sadly it looks like's something beyond Slott's capabilities

Most of the Bugle supporting characters. Yes one will show up now and again but they are not tied into Peter's life in the way they once were. Why Marvel and many of the modern Spider-Man writers have gotten rid of one of the best supporting cast in comics is a complete mystery to me. There were many stories where I was just as interested in what was going on with them as I was with Peter. I especially miss Robbie Robertson as a regular who I always considered one of the strongest black supporting characters ever created. He had a lot of stuff going on and was always interesting.

I even miss secondary supporting cast members from the Bugle like Joy Mercado. What a waste not using these characters!!! Even the not so important ones were quite well developed.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 01-27-2017 at 08:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Robbie Robertson. Betty Brant. Glory Grant. Haven't seen those three for a while and I do miss seeing them. Though I guess since they haven't been in the comics than their ''lives'' must be ok right now.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Robbie Robertson. Betty Brant. Glory Grant. Haven't seen those three for a while and I do miss seeing them. Though I guess since they haven't been in the comics than their ''lives'' must be ok right now.
    Yeah, it's easy to imagine the next time they appear they are the new Venom or something else ridiculous so maybe they are better off. I do miss 'em.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Most of the Bugle supporting characters. Yes one will show up now and again but they are not tied into Peter's life in the way they once were. Why Marvel and many of the modern Spider-Man writers have gotten rid of one of the best supporting cast in comics is a complete mystery to me. There were many stories where I was just as interested in what was going on with them as I was with Peter. I especially miss Robbie Robertson as a regular who I always considered one of the strongest black supporting characters ever created. He had a lot of stuff going on and was always interesting.

I even miss secondary supporting cast members from the Bugle like Joy Mercado. What a waste not using these characters!!! Even the not so important ones were quite well developed.
    Which kind of goes with my idea of doing a Spider-Man Adventures or "Untold Tales" which is set in the past for Peter Parker. There's no reason why you can't cover events and even set up stories set in a character's past. DC did that with teenage Clark Kent for years with Superboy, and they did it again for Smallville and a TV Show called Superboy. My take is that if you bring in a series set in Peter Parker's Past, you can reasonably put the Daily Bugle cast in there.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 01-27-2017 at 08:59 AM.

It's a real shame how underutilized Robbie, and the rest of the classic supporting cast, is these days .

Has Glory appeared since she quit Jameson's staff?

I miss Robbie Robertson, Betty and Randy. I miss Joy Mercado as well. Remember her?

I kinda even miss Jill Stacy (*dodges tomatoes*).

EDIT: lol I guess Joy isn't as forgotten as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Has Glory appeared since she quit Jameson's staff?

I miss Robbie Robertson, Betty and Randy. I miss Joy Mercado as well. Remember her?

I kinda even miss Jill Stacy (*dodges tomatoes*).

EDIT: lol I guess Joy isn't as forgotten as I thought.
    I think the last time we saw Glory, Robbie and the "gang" were in Power Play, if only briefly.

Unhappy

I miss most of the classic supporting cast. It's a travesty they've seemingly been relegated to the dustbin of comics history.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Because they are useless in current marvel nyc and ordinary people while all of the setting turned nyc into a meta human world and shield literally tied with the narrative to all title heroes and thier supprting cast whic lh means they are either put on a bus or promoted to action muggle

I miss all of them and everything else about the book from those days. I still read Spider-Man, but the comic is not the same. It doesn't even feel connected to the past stories with the Bugle staff and others.

glad to see Randy hasn't disappeared yet, with his appearance in Marvel Team-Up #1.

What does he do for a living, currently?