Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So, is Pixie DEAD dead?

I don't read big crossover events - I gave up after DC's Infinite Crisis back 2000 - and whatever, so I haven't been reading Secret Wars or Battlworld etc.

I know Pixie died in Runaways #2 during a Battleworld event.

Does this mean the character of Pixie is dead for good (in comic book terms) ... or is it some random crossover death that will be rectified after the big event?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I don't read big crossover events - I gave up after DC's Infinite Crisis back 2000 - and whatever, so I haven't been reading Secret Wars or Battlworld etc.

Does this mean the character of Pixie is dead for good (in comic book terms) ... or is it some random crossover death that will be rectified after the big event?
    The latter, she was an AU pixie, but that doesn't mean she'll be in any x book post SW

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post

Don't take any SW death as the end of anyone.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Don't take any SW death as the end of anyone.
    Ditto.

As I've been reading around, I have discovered there are a whole BUNCH of deaths - many much bigger names than poor little Pixie ... so I'll guess I'll just wait and see.

Thanks

Don't hold your breath. Marvel hates the x men. Sigh.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

OUr Pixie will be fine post Secret Wars when 616 and other Universes are restored.

Isn't Pixie also in another book during SW? There are a bunch of versions of characters running around right now so death means nothing. Though post SW she'll be lucky to make it into anything since they were not really interested in using her for ages now.

616 Pixie is indeed dead, along with everyone else from 616 who isn't on the main book. Likely will return to life like everyone else at the end of Secret Wars.

Any Pixie you see running around and/or dying is just an Alternative.

BANNED

Hopefully we won't see her at all. Perhaps Lockjaw could eat her! She's just some ugly bug anyway.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scott Summers 616 took one for the team though.

An Alternate Pixie died in Runaways?! Really? How did it happen? Was it a gruesome death? Please, tell me it was a gruesome death!

Out of all the SW titles I didn't expect to be interested in picking up Runaways but here we are. Now I actually have to consider picking it up (after SW ends and we get all these tie ins collected) if only to see her die!

Well, at least something good came out of Secret Wars. Now if only we could get an alternate Fantomex being dismembered and sliced up along with alternate versions of Quentin Quire, Hope Summers, teen O5 and JGS special needs kids in a title! Then I'd consider SW to be THE BEST. MARVEL EVENT. EVER.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    An Alternate Pixie died in Runaways?! Really? How did it happen? Was it a gruesome death? Please, tell me it was a gruesome death!
    Nah. It was Hunger Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah. It was Hunger Games.
    I haven't seen or read Hunger Games since I'm not really into YA stuff, especially the films are awful 99% of the time but I'm assuming that means that it was a bloodless and clean death with basically readers just seeing her lifeless body lying on the ground. Am I close?

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    I haven't seen or read Hunger Games since I'm not really into YA stuff, especially the films are awful 99% of the time but I'm assuming that means that it was a bloodless and clean death with basically readers just seeing her lifeless body lying on the ground. Am I close?
    She was killed on panel, but the view was hindered by her body positioning to make it not too graphic. Although, it was Jubilee's reactions afterwards that sold the death more than the death itself.
    Last edited by Avantre; 08-21-2015 at 03:29 AM.