Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Question Is Earth-001 the designation of the post Secret Wars MAINSTREAM marvel Earth?

The November 2015 solicitations reveals regarding Web Warriors # 1 ;

All of your favorite web-slinging wonders from SPIDER-VERSE, together in one place! It’s high-stakes action when ELECTRO threatens all of reality! From their base on Earth-001, it’s up to SPIDER-GWEN, SPIDER-MAN NOIR, SPIDER-MAN INDIA, SPIDER-UK, SPIDER-HAM and a TON of other surprise spider-guest stars to stop him!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 10-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

No, Earth 001 is the home of the Inheritors from the Spider-Verse event. I guess they're operating off world like was set up at the end of the event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    No, Earth 001 is the home of the Inheritors from the Spider-Verse event. I guess they're operating off world like was set up at the end of the event.
    Aha. Thank you very much for clearing that up. Appreciate it.
    Hmm. So I figure that there will be a marvel multiverse post Secret Wars, yes?

Then the designation for the post Secret Wars mainstream marvel Earth has to once again be '616'.
    Yes or no?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Aha. Thank you very much for clearing that up. Appreciate it.
    Hmm. So I figure that there will be a marvel multiverse post Secret Wars, yes?

Then the designation for the post Secret Wars mainstream marvel Earth has to once again be '616'.
    Yes or no?
    I guess there will be a multiverse, you've already mentioned 001 and I think it's also be confirmed Spider-Gwen is not being incorporated into 616.

Maybe 616.1? Because it's mostly the same? Ha.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Earth 001, or 000, should be the Battleworld itself.

Spectacular Member

Earth 001 is also known as Loomworld, but that may change post Secret Wars.

Actually I think Otherworld the home of the Captain Britain Corp is unofficially known as Earth 000. Because all Earths are but pale imitations of it. If you believe Merlin and Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I guess there will be a multiverse, you've already mentioned 001 and I think it's also be confirmed Spider-Gwen is not being incorporated into 616.

Maybe 616.1? Because it's mostly the same? Ha.
    But, what about the past? Will that new Multiverse be created with a brand new past, or will time travellers be able to visit the old Multiverse?

Will the Incursions and Battleworld period be removed, or will time travellers from ANAD-verse be able to travel back to Battleworld and to the Incursions event?

What is more, does the past exist during the Secret Wars period, or does Battleworld have its own Doom-generated past? Could one of Battleword's Kangs jump back to before the Incursions and visit the old Multiverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    But, what about the past? Will that new Multiverse be created with a brand new past, or will time travellers be able to visit the old Multiverse?

Will the Incursions and Battleworld period be removed, or will time travellers from ANAD-verse be able to travel back to Battleworld and to the Incursions event?

What is more, does the past exist during the Secret Wars period, or does Battleworld have its own Doom-generated past? Could one of Battleword's Kangs jump back to before the Incursions and visit the old Multiverse?
    Based on how it all worked, all potential futures stopped existing once there were no realities left. How does that future exist if the timeline that spawns it doesn't either? So question should be is where does Bishop come from? According to him, he's in the past, not the present. His present exists/existed. In order for his future to ever exist, the incursions would not have ever happened but they did. With the Kangs, where would they go? In usual Marvel time travel they go back to a timeline (616 seems most commonly landing in) but Battleworld isn't in a Universe, they can't jump from one reality to another while time travelling.

In basic thinking, once everything is restored it would be much like a blink for each reality, they vanish then were there again. Like nothing happened. Yet make you wonder if the 8 hours of incursion times occured...

Confusing...

BANNED

Default The designation of the post SW mainstream marvel universe is "Universe-008"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...f-the-avengers
    ...the Marvel staff has taken to referring to the new Marvel U as "Universe 8"

That means that the designation of the post SW mainstream marvel Earth is; Earth-008!!!

So;

Earth-001 Inheritors from the Spider-Verse event
    Earth-002 ???
    Earth-003 ???
    Earth-004 ???
    Earth-005 ???
    Earth-006 ???
    Earth-007 ???
    Earth-008 Mainstream marvel Earth post SW

Spectacular Member

Maybe they'll finally do away with time travel stories?

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

I'm sure the number 8 stems from "8 months later," but is it really necessary to have a different designation since it's really just 616 with some individuals from other universes mashed in? I guess maybe they're wanting to choose a neutral name so as not to offend 1610 fans, but other than Miles and Maker, is there really enough 1610, or any other universe, to justify a new designation? I mean with Rachel, Bishop, Nocturne, Swordsman, Hyperion, Ms. America, X-Man, Iron Lad, Noh-Varr, etc. ad nauseam it's not exactly like 616 was free of interdimensional elements beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Based on how it all worked, all potential futures stopped existing once there were no realities left. How does that future exist if the timeline that spawns it doesn't either? So question should be is where does Bishop come from? According to him, he's in the past, not the present. His present exists/existed. In order for his future to ever exist, the incursions would not have ever happened but they did. With the Kangs, where would they go? In usual Marvel time travel they go back to a timeline (616 seems most commonly landing in) but Battleworld isn't in a Universe, they can't jump from one reality to another while time travelling.

In basic thinking, once everything is restored it would be much like a blink for each reality, they vanish then were there again. Like nothing happened. Yet make you wonder if the 8 hours of incursion times occured...

Confusing...
    About the Kangs, I can see three options:

1.-Battleworld has it's own fake past generated by Doom, and any time traveller would land there.
    2.-Kang would travel to the past of the Earth from which the Domain he's standing on came from. Cue to a very confused Kang when he lands in a world where nobody knows Doom is God and the Universe is full of Galaxies full of inhabited planets.
    3.-Kangs can't travel to before Battleworld was created; they can only go back 8 year tops.

I don't really care. I have already gotten bored with the whole Battleworld thing. I'm more interested on how will the ANAD-verse work. I can't believe writers aren't going to fall back to old vices and abuse time travel and parallel universes aplenty.

So... are the Incursions and Secret Wars to be sweeped under the carpet? Or will heroes meet their counterparts and say "which Domain did you used to live in?" "Dystopia" "Ouch! That place sucks! I'm sorry for you, you should move to my place", or something like that?

What about the Earths that were destroyed? Are those going to be back, or are those Universes going to remain Earthless when the Multiverse is restored? Are Earthless Universes even going to be restored?

Those Universes lacking a Earth, they didn't explode but their stars all were snuffed off... Do those Universes keep existing as dark, lifeless places even during the Battleworld event? Will Marvel acknowledge their existence after the end of the Secret Wars event?

Will King James' England Domain, the Warzone Domain, the 2099 Domain, the Sentinel Territories, Valley of Doom...etc., be hurled back to the present and future, or will they become "present day" in their own Universes? Does Bishop comes from the Sentinel Territories, or from Earth 616's erased future?

Could it be that some characters escaped the Incursions travelling to the far past (Ahura?), and will at some point be able to come back without going through Battleworld? Could maybe whole civilizations have escaped the Incursions travelling to the far past?

Could the Mainstream Earth heroes travel to the past before the Incursions and stop themselves from doing useless, evil stuff that they regret now? Or will the Incursions event will just erased form the past?

Yes, I know Marvel will most likely tell us "Forget the Incursions! That was just an event, it is no longer relevant!...Our new great brand Gazebo-wooh Not-A-Reboot Megaevent, on the other hand, is going to really change everything inside out, you should really, really, really buy it!", but it pisses me that my mental map of how the MU works has been destroyed. It is really confusing to not know what is supposed to have happened and what isn't, what is the "real" in-universe past and what isn't...it feels really chaotic. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

About the Kangs, I can see three options:

1.-Battleworld has it's own fake past generated by Doom, and any time traveller would land there.
    2.-Kang would travel to the past of the Earth from which the Domain he's standing on came from. Cue to a very confused Kang when he lands in a world where nobody knows Doom is God and the Universe is full of Galaxies full of inhabited planets.
    3.-Kangs can't travel to before Battleworld was created; they can only go back 8 year tops.

I don't really care. I have already gotten bored with the whole Battleworld thing. I'm more interested on how will the ANAD-verse work. I can't believe writers aren't going to fall back to old vices and abuse time travel and parallel universes aplenty.

So... are the Incursions and Secret Wars to be sweeped under the carpet? Or will heroes meet their counterparts and say "which Domain did you used to live in?" "Dystopia" "Ouch! That place sucks! I'm sorry for you, you should move to my place", or something like that?

What about the Earths that were destroyed? Are those going to be back, or are those Universes going to remain Earthless when the Multiverse is restored? Are Earthless Universes even going to be restored?

Those Universes lacking a Earth, they didn't explode but their stars all were snuffed off... Do those Universes keep existing as dark, lifeless places even during the Battleworld event? Will Marvel acknowledge their existence after the end of the Secret Wars event?

Will King James' England Domain, the Warzone Domain, the 2099 Domain, the Sentinel Territories, Valley of Doom...etc., be hurled back to the present and future, or will they become "present day" in their own Universes? Does Bishop comes from the Sentinel Territories, or from Earth 616's erased future?

Could it be that some characters escaped the Incursions travelling to the far past (Ahura?), and will at some point be able to come back without going through Battleworld? Could maybe whole civilizations have escaped the Incursions travelling to the far past?

Could the Mainstream Earth heroes travel to the past before the Incursions and stop themselves from doing useless, evil stuff that they regret now? Or will the Incursions event will just erased form the past?

Yes, I know Marvel will most likely tell us "Forget the Incursions! That was just an event, it is no longer relevant!...Our new great brand Gazebo-wooh Not-A-Reboot Megaevent, on the other hand, is going to really change everything inside out, you should really, really, really buy it!", but it pisses me that my mental map of how the MU works has been destroyed. It is really confusing to not know what is supposed to have happened and what isn't, what is the "real" in-universe past and what isn't...it feels really chaotic. I don't know what to expect anymore.
    It seems to me that everything that happened in the past still happened. When Battleworld was created, it was made to look and feel older than it was, and people were given false memories. Nothing has demonstrated that time has actually been rewritten. Battleworld is held within 616 Eternity (as seen in Silver Surfer), so it seems that Battleworld is contained within the Eternity previously filled by what we know as 616. The Beyonders have been explicitly stated as being completely linear, so the destruction of the multiverse occurred at a certain point in time, ending anything that came afterwards, but each universe was not destroyed throughout space-time, so anything that occurred previously should still be in place, thus permitting time-travel. Battleworld was shown to have been stitched together inside Eternity, who had been placed in a void outside of the "space" that 616 occupied. Time travel to a point in the fabricated version of history Doom implanted would not be possible, since those events did not actually occur.

So, you can theoretically time-travel to any point before the destruction of 616, but if you are there at the point in space-time that it was destroyed, then you would be destroyed as well, unless you are present within the portion of the universe that was carried into Battleworld. After that, the timeline for the portion of 616 that survives continues into Battleworld from the moment it was actually stitched together. Same with other timelines like Age of Apocalypse. It continues as it did up until the point that Doom ripped it, at which point, the timeline carries on, for the portion that was saved, in Battleworld. So, if you are traversing from a time before the destruction to a time after the destruction, you would need to travel through, not only time, but space because the "space" the timeline picks up is different. Think of it like someone moving Earth, if you time travel past the point it was moved, you would just be in empty space if you didn't also travel to the location Earth was moved to. Except, as demonstrated, anything in that "space" after the collapse of the universe would be destroyed. Since we don't know how the rest of Secret Wars will unfold, it's unknown how many or what universes will be re-created after it ends or how they will be created. We do know that the mainline universe is being created by Silver Surfer, aided by the Shaper of Worlds. It, like Battleworld, will probably be made to feel older than it is and like a continuation of 616, but we still really don't know how it's going to play out and if the "patch" of 616 in Battleworld is going to be transferred there or perhaps just some inhabitants of Battleworld will choose to relocate there, or what. So all we can really pin down from a time-travel perspective is everything before the universes died is the same, and there is nothing after except for those places stitched together to form Battleworld. My best guess is that the timeline will follow as normal from 616 to Battleworld to Universe-8, with everything being moved through space but in a linear timeline, with multiple realities converging during their respective timelines after they became part of Battleworld.

Amazing Member

It's kinda funny that the new Earth is 008, since in multiversity Earth 8 was the world with all the Marvel analogs.
    Though it's most likely due to 8 being used as an arc number a lot in Time Runs Out - Secret Wars- 8 Months Later