Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Wonder Woman isn't "confronting" Lois. She's simply the last to give an interview under the lasso of her own free will. It was only set up as the cliffhanger because by story design, the reader did not know the information that she would be talking about yet since that stuff was taking place in another title that hadn't gotten there yet. Further Lois does nothing in this issue to look bad. She's a victim, and even further soon-to-be ally of Diana. So this theory falls apart by trying to place Lois in any sort of mirrored circumstance to Steve. Steve's the only one who looked like a jackass. Because his organization is playing the role of antagonist here, for now.
    Yeah, Diana and Lois look really happy with each other.

Isn't Lois the one who leaked his identity? But hey, none of this her fault.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

That's what I thought.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Replying to yourself less than ten minutes later declaring victory on your point is kinda silly. Shockingly, I haven't visited this site today until now. I do do other things.

Anywho, they don't have to be smiling and hugging in order to justify it not being a confrontation. Its a serious situation, why would they be jovial? It is not a confrontation of any kind on the level of that which Superman and Steve are embroiled in. So there is no juxtaposition in the narrative going on. Two entirely different situations, in which in the latter case, neither character (Diana nor Lois) are playing an antagonistic role because that's not the point of the scene.

Speaking of which, I said Lois didn't do anything to look bad here. In this issue. That's the point you were trying to make, in your own words. An attempt to make both love interests look bad in this issue. Thus what has happened elsewhere in the greater plot is of no significance. Its how they're portrayed here. And Lois is portrayed fine here. Only Steve is a douche.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-07-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Replying to yourself less than ten minutes later declaring victory on your point is kinda silly. Shockingly, I haven't visited this site today until now. I do do other things.

Anywho, they don't have to be smiling and hugging in order to justify it not being a confrontation. Its a serious situation, why would they be jovial? It is not a confrontation of any kind on the level of that which Superman and Steve are embroiled in. So there is no juxtaposition in the narrative going on. Two entirely different situations, in which in the latter case, neither character (Diana nor Lois) are playing an antagonistic role because that's not the point of the scene.

Speaking of which, I said Lois didn't do anything to look bad here. In this issue. That's the point you were trying to make, in your own words. An attempt to make both love interests look bad in this issue. Thus what has happened elsewhere in the greater plot is of no significance. Its how they're portrayed here. And Lois is portrayed fine here. Only Steve is a douche.
    sorry, I was having problems cutting and pasting from my iPad and then had to help out my daughters getting to school when my wife couldn't find her keys. Clearly you have more faith in Lois than myself, though I'm happy to thrown in with "jackass" Steve.

Now as I was saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Well I wouldn't forgive Lois for this. She made him a promise and broke it putting others he cares about in danger. They had a plan. She would investigate and he would buy time. She is the worst friend. He wasn't about to die, he is Superman. Lame excuse. She just wanted the story
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Well that was awful...Lois couldn't take the decision for him. what as that burned body coveniently doing there?

pretty bad deservice to Lois, very bad stereotype. she didn't needed to reveal his identity, that was pure impulse.

wow this is what zero women on creative teams do
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx707 View Post
    I expected this to be bad.....but not this bad. I was hoping for some fringe of ignorance on Lois's part as to his vulnerability. I was hoping for Lois to atleast be put in a situation where Clark was gonna get exposed and later killed because Hodor (or whatever the tech teen douchebag's name is) just wanted supes powers or something..... This is disturbingly stupid. Not only does it show Lois willingly putting dozens of people in danger but also exposing him to a world that she not only knew would be hostile towards him but was graphically shown how brutal they can be towards him.

Also.... I don't know if was just me.... maybe I'm seeing things but she seemed a bit too close to looking like she wanted a thing with clark now that she knew everything. The last line about sacrificing/putting people at risk for her and "we can face this together" was awfully close to sounding romantic in tone. maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I wouldn't say she's the worst friend. Clearly she cares about him very much and, despite her earlier promise, when a dilemma arose she did what she did believing it would help her friend and that, as friends, she could help him weather the resulting storm. If I put myself in her shoes, the threat of Superman dying raises a host of issues (and she did believe he could die, powerless as he was at the time). For example, if he dies, there is no more Superman to help protect the world. Maybe Superman, Lois, and others could have taken down Hordr at some point in the future, but at that very moment the lives of innocent people--not just Clark's loved ones--were being threatened. If I recall correctly, Hordr was essentially holding multiple hostages, and were continuing to bait Superman, in order to lure him into using his solar flare power which they subsequently siphoned for their own use.

Nonetheless, Lois clearly regrets her decision later. It was definitely made impulsively, which I don't particularly like, so when she has time to reflect, she has regrets. She had good intentions, however, and as soon as the situation cools down, Clark may find that it's enhanced his life in some ways rather than ruined it entirely. I do believe her reaction is very human and very sympathetic, but I don't like how out of character this feels for her. Lois would put her faith in Superman's ability to find another way and in journalism to right such wrongs. She's an impulsive and heroic individual, that is true, as is her fierce loyalty and love for her friends; however this doesn't feel like the way the Lois I know would react. The whole thing feels like a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Never was a fan of Lois abd this made me dislike her even more. Wow...seriously? Wonder Woman didnt look happy either in that panel.
    That's what I thought.

But I get why it's important only Steve look bad. After all, Superman will eventually go back to Lois, and then it won't matter how a Wonder Woman and her cast were treated.

Oh, lol, sorry about that then. Fault of device is understandable. Snark redirected toward phone.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

That's what I thought.

But I get why it's important only Steve look bad. After all, Superman will eventually go back to Lois, and then it won't matter how a Wonder Woman and her cast were treated.
    what you thought?

well the image of lois being interrogated with lasso by wonder woman isn't a good one, when I look the angle of traitor DC went with this Truth thing. Lois was the only that received focus.

Steve always get the worse part, the good thing is that johsn is writing a great trevor over JL book and that is possible Pine will play him on WW movie. imagine all girls fawning over him... hope this works.
    It's really sad that on comics a major character on wonder woman franchise is mistreat