Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So because he doesn't have a wife he's not worth saving?! He was still Steve's friend and was trying to help him.
    Whoever these women are, they are above the normal, and Tony is very lucky they were around because he was town drunk and had no redeeming value. In a situation where somebody showed some pluck like Stark shooting at Bullseye, Bullseye would have made sure to kill Stark because a drunk is an easy kill for a coward like Lester. Bullseye leaving Stark alive was a shock to me, because Stark becomes a problem later. I thought he would come back and take Stark out later. I felt not killing Stark was against the normal behaviour of murderers of the time.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-23-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Whoever these women are, they are above the normal, and Tony is very lucky they were around because he was town drunk and had no redeeming value. In a situation where somebody showed some pluck like Stark shooting at Bullseye, Bullseye would have made sure to kill Stark because a drunk is an easy kill for a coward like Lester. Bullseye leaving Stark alive was a shock to me, because Stark becomes a problem later. I thought he would come back and take Stark out later. I felt not killing Stark was against the normal behaviour of murderers of the time.
    It makes sense. Bullseye and the others aren't simple murderers, they're professionals. Unless someone gets in the way, their job was Rogers and Red Wolf. Also, as you mentioned, Stark is clearly identifiable as the town drunk. Why would anyone think he'd be trouble? Ultimately Bullseye probably thinks Stark will drink himself to oblivion. He still has a job to do, killing Stark has no utility at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It makes sense. Bullseye and the others aren't simple murderers, they're professionals. Unless someone gets in the way, their job was Rogers and Red Wolf. Also, as you mentioned, Stark is clearly identifiable as the town drunk. Why would anyone think he'd be trouble? Ultimately Bullseye probably thinks Stark will drink himself to oblivion. He still has a job to do, killing Stark has no utility at this stage.
    People get bushwhacked all the time in the west. Why leave a disgruntled person around to shoot Bullseye in the back. Stark is clearly motivated because he shot at a professional killer. It's something that stood out to me as being a downfall of Bullseye as soon as Lester walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    People get bushwhacked all the time in the west. Why leave a disgruntled person around to shoot Bullseye in the back. Stark is clearly motivated because he shot at a professional killer. It's something that stood out to me as being a downfall of Bullseye as soon as Lester walked away.
    Well, people get bushwhacked in westerns. Really what happened was they didn't want the blandness of Stark's murder to overshadow the spectacular murder of Steve Rogers. You can bet whatever happens to Stark or Banner in the next issue will be outstanding.

As westerns go this is really top level. It's not High Plains Drifter, but it does have some of the same properties of Once Upon a Time in the Wild West. There is a massive cast some of whom have to die. The story isn't wasting any time on things that don't matter but there is so much story it has to take its time getting anywhere. Also, like most westerns the outcome is pretty predictable; (don't read this if you want some surprises other than the subtle touches of Duggan's amazing writing style) spoilers:
    the bad guys kill Stark and Banner, Elektra and Natasha fall for our hero while making their own plots, Fisk and Bullseye end up getting captured and sentenced by Nelson, while Urich writes a story about how the blind lawyer saved an entire native culture against the power of the Governor's business interests.
    end of spoilers
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.