View Poll Results: which avengers funding situation has you interested the most?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANAD Avengers(We're Broke And On A Tight Budget!)

13 30.23%
  • New Avengers(Funded By Sunspot And A.I.M.)

17 39.53%
  • Uncanny Avengers(Deadpool's Rich And funds the unity squad)

13 30.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default which all new all different post SW avengers title's funding situation will be the most interesting?

i gotta admit a broke avengers team has to be a first and deadpool funding the uncanny avengers is just woah...

In the real world it wouldn't be the (lack of) salaries that would sink a superhero group for want of funding, it would be the insurance. As in, there wouldn't be any to back up damages that could be in the billions. One could argue in the past there was Damage Control, but that never really made any sense either, especially if innocents suffered death or other injuries that could not be healed easily.

BANNED

i think mark waid's avengers are gonna have a hard time and will eventually have to accept that they all must carpool together in a family size mini-van

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The Uncannies don't have Quinjets, but Pool is said to have a military heli fleet. Imagine an Avengers team deploying to the ground on a Black Hawk or two.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

BANNED

yeah it sounds like the uncanny avengers are covered when it comes to money

BANNED

The Uncanny Avengers have lots of money, so that's not a particularly interesting funding situation unless Duggan has a trick up his sleeve. ANADA has a slightly more novel situation, but I think New Avengers' seems like the most unique.

Wouldn't ANAD be funded by Tony?
    Assuming he's the Iron Man on the team and still has his business empire.
    Haven't been keeping up with news for the ANAD team.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    He is indeed Tony. But he doesn't have "Stark money" anymore, because of something that presumably happens in Bendis' solo Iron Man run.

Well, I'm not going to go into my disdain for all things deadpool again; if anything about new avengers is intriguing me, it's the overall setup with aim, and being situated in international waters.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm under the assumption that Stark is low on cash because he's being sued for the events of Superior Ironman.

As for which I find most interesting financial wise, I'd actually say Uncanny Avengers interest me the most. Sure ANAD Avengers are broke but since most of them can fly and get around it's not like they need a quinjet, although it may cause certain issues like a hq, but it's much more interesting to see how a team of Avengers deal with being funded by someone like Deadpool, who is a character that I enjoy but is admittedly kind of crazy.

As for the New Avengers I'm more interested in the idea that they are banned from the U.S. Then what their financial status is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm under the assumption that Stark is low on cash because he's being sued for the events of Superior Ironman.

As for which I find most interesting financial wise, I'd actually say Uncanny Avengers interest me the most. Sure ANAD Avengers are broke but since most of them can fly and get around it's not like they need a quinjet, although it may cause certain issues like a hq, but it's much more interesting to see how a team of Avengers deal with being funded by someone like Deadpool, who is a character that I enjoy but is admittedly kind of crazy.

As for the New Avengers I'm more interested in the idea that they are banned from the U.S. Then what their financial status is.
    the new avengers are banned from the united states yet squirrel girl can still attend college

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    the new avengers are banned from the united states yet squirrel girl can still attend college
    Actually Sunspot is the only one not allowed on the U.S., I misspoke. But I believe it was said in an interview that SHIELD and the U.S. Government keep a close eye on them because of their connection with AIM.

I'm going to look for the interview, just so I verify all of this.

Edit: Okay I found it, they don't have permission to operate in the U.S., but everyone but Sunspot can still go there, if he goes into the U.S. he can apparently be arrested.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24879/...ngers_take_aim.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-16-2015 at 08:17 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually Sunspot is the only one not allowed on the U.S., I misspoke. But I believe it was said in an interview that SHIELD and the U.S. Government keep a close eye on them because of their connection with AIM.

I'm going to look for the interview, just so I verify all of this.
    I remember it in one of the in-depth interviews with Ewing. He explains that Sunspot can only operate on that island, but everyone else on the team are 'legal' and can move freely.

Also one thing I'm confused about with Stark's money situation is, how exactly is he going to maintain his suit? Like it's advance as all heck, but maintenance and storage is still a thing. What happens he even has to repair just a bit of it, where's the money for the materials just for his suit going to come from? Or, magic Stark reserve trust fund (just for the armor?)

BANNED

i wish more info was out about new avengers it's still such a mystery and nothing on most of the cast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i wish more info was out about new avengers it's still such a mystery and nothing on most of the cast
    We know a little, at least. We have our cast of heroes on the cover to #1, and our first villain on the cover of #2. Hopefully Ewing will do an interview some time soon and give a few more details.

Aren't the next load of solicits due out in a couple of days too?