Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looks pretty good. Good luck with your KS, I know it's not easy at all. I know Jason Brubaker had a heck of a time once the project funded, but luckily, he had some help.

Thanks a lot! And yeah there's a lot that goes into kickstarter projects... the promoting of it, making your page look good, the rewards, all the stuff after it's over and so much more but glad you like it. If you can it would be awesome if you share it with anyone that might like comics. Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mikewalton206 View Post
    Thanks a lot! And yeah there's a lot that goes into kickstarter projects... the promoting of it, making your page look good, the rewards, all the stuff after it's over and so much more but glad you like it. If you can it would be awesome if you share it with anyone that might like comics. Much appreciated
    I'll see what I can do. My list of followers is dwindling. I'll put a tweet out, I always try my best to help out other creators.

One thing I've learned, is you have to make your work easy to purchase, almost so easy that it's like picking it up, and taking it to the checkout. Once I have enough content, I don't think I'll even mess with a KS, I'll self pub, and promote it, as well as get some for local sales. It's always an uphill battle, and I'm still in the back of the classroom doodling while the teacher is talking.

Sent a tweet out. Do you have a personal twitter, or only your project twitter? Mine is @craigwchase

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it and I reached out to local comic book shops and a few said they would check out my project. I also reached out to successful kickstarter project users that are also gonna help out and share my project with their backers so all that should really help. The twitter I use @thegemusers is for both

Quote Originally Posted by mikewalton206 View Post
    Thanks a lot i really appreciate it and I reached out to local comic book shops and a few said they would check out my project. I also reached out to successful kickstarter project users that are also gonna help out and share my project with their backers so all that should really help. The twitter I use @thegemusers is for both
    Ah, you're lucky then. The internet is really my only creative outlet. Everything I know, I've either done from experience, or learned on my own. Just don't get discouraged or give up. I hope a lot of people enjoy your material. ^_^
    Spaceheads: A comic strip series about epic outer space adventures containing hilarious situations. Join Zork, Mack, Crunk, and Mouse as they solve their problems one screw up at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by comicwiz View Post
    Ah, you're lucky then. The internet is really my only creative outlet. Everything I know, I've either done from experience, or learned on my own. Just don't get discouraged or give up. I hope a lot of people enjoy your material. ^_^
    Yeah I hope so too lot's of people are pretty into this comic. I gotta work with my artist and get more pages done lol got the webcomic up now but it's only the cover and two pages haha

Oo yeah, I know how that can be. I have to try and push myself to get more pages out too. I'm in the middle of inking over sketches. It's always a long process and a lot of people don't realize how much work goes into even one panel. It is what it is... :/
    Spaceheads: A comic strip series about epic outer space adventures containing hilarious situations. Join Zork, Mack, Crunk, and Mouse as they solve their problems one screw up at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by comicwiz View Post
    Oo yeah, I know how that can be. I have to try and push myself to get more pages out too. I'm in the middle of inking over sketches. It's always a long process and a lot of people don't realize how much work goes into even one panel. It is what it is... :/
    Yup but people are gonna say it was worth the wait long as you put out a great comic

Hey everyone my webcomic is now up and running. The Gem Users Comic book series is ready for you to read! Well kinda... it's only 2 pages at the moment haha but subscribe to it and you'll know when i add new pages

http://thegemusers.thecomicseries.com/

Added note to all new kickstarter users!!! Don't go to crazy posting on lots of different forums. Just stick to a main few. Even though when you read tips and they say it's a good idea... uhh no! You will get people THINKING you're spamming when obviously that wasn't you're intentions at all! One of the many hard learned lessons of running/promoting a kickstarter project. Don't let people stop your dreams just go right through those road blocks and learn from them. That's all I gotta say... think i vented enough for the night >_< I'm looking forward to brining you guys an awesome comic book series to read. Thanks everyone for the support.

My comic book project was officially approved by kickstarter! I'm very happy about that and to celebrate I added a awesome touch to my comic book. Check out the link below for all the details.

https://comicgemproductions.wordpres.../?preview=true
    Attached Images Attached Images

The date is set for the launch of my comic book project on kickstarter! It will be November 20th 2015! So Save the date and tell your friends if they enjoy comic books

Wow. Looks great. I've liked the facebook page. Keep us informed of when it gets officially launched.

Quote Originally Posted by iarerichard View Post
    Wow. Looks great. I've liked the facebook page. Keep us informed of when it gets officially launched.
    Thanks a lot! It will be going live this Friday November 20th