Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    At this stage, she absolutely does not have the acting chops to be the lead in a blockbuster film. I wouldn't expect Gina Carano to be Wonder Woman, I wouldn't expect Rousey to be Captain Marvel - looks aside.
    Looks aside? She looks nothing like Carol Danvers. Ronda has the facial structure of John Lithgow.

Fantastic Member

I mean, I have no problem with an athlete portraying a beloved character if they can do it justice. Of course, Rousey has shown no evidence of the ability to do this. But if Feige and crew saw something I don't, I wouldn't doubt them due to their professional record.

I love Ronda Rhousey. I don't think there's any doubt she's tough enough to play Carol Danvers. I think she even looks the part better than most actresses. My only concern is can she act sufficiently? She's a great MMA fighter. But acting skills? That remains in question. I saw Expendables 3. She really didn't have to do much acting there. She just had to be her usual tough self. Carol Danvers is a bigger challenge. This is a character with an emotional and at times convoluted history. Every major character in the MCU has to deal with emotional struggles at some point. Can Ronda convey those struggles in a believable way? That remains to be seen.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

I think you guys should try to get this thread to 10 pages or more. I love long, pointless threads based on something someone said once about things that are never going to happen.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 08-20-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I think you guys should try to get this thread to 10 pages or more. I love long, pointless threads based on something someone said once about things that are never going to happen.
    Yeah, or the ever popular "actor from such and such thing would like to play certain superhero in such and such thing that isn't a thing" and then we get a article with twenty pages of comments of why a guy from an obscure sitcom would like to play Mindwarp from Justice League Dark or something! Sure it's cool that such and such actor wants to play an obscure character, but it doesn't ever need this much publicity. Funny stuff.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    no i mean the way that thor is not a doctor or Hawkeye was never in the Carson Carnival of Travelling Wonders or Falcon was never part of a gang or a social worker and starlord was never a astronaut. point is your average joe has no clue or cares if shehulk is a lawyer and its not going to make or break her character for ppl they just want to see her turn green and fight in a hulk or avengers movie.
    Thor wasn't a doctor, Don Blake was a doctor. And the Don Blake in the MCU is also a doctor. We don't actually know what movie Hawkeye's pre-SHIELD life was like because it's never come up. It's entirely possible that he did grow up in a circus (I seem to recall some chatter circulating during the AoU production that an earky draft of the script featured a scene where he talked about his circus background). And the work Sam Wilson was doing in Winter Soldier, counseling traumatized vets and helping them readjust to civilian life, was a clear parallel to his social work, recast to fit his military background.

It has nothing to do with what the "average joe" cares about; it has to do with how Marvel handles transitioning their characters from page to screen. While they're certainly not averse to making changes, their established pattern is to maintain the elements that they think are essential to the character's core concept. And Jennifer Walter's background as an attorney is fundamental to the foundation of the character. There's no chance that they'd drop it in moving her to the screen.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    The fact that Smith endorses it should be reason #2 for it not happen. Reason #1 is that she can't act.
    Captain Marvel wont be here for awhile, if she's serious she should start practicing now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Captain Marvel wont be here for awhile, if she's serious she should start practicing now.
    Unless Captain Marvel isn't showing up for at least a decade, time is not on her side.

Niffleheim

It will be sooooo funny when her movie bombs acting as herself in her own biopic lol!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Mr. Smith should know better, he's a director after all. And any director worth a dime should know that looks aren't worth squat if your actors can't act. Ms. Rousey can't act so that's that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Ronda has about a year TOPS to get her acting together. Ben Cumberbatch was cast about two years before the Doctor Strange movie release date. Consdering the Captain Marvel movie won't be out until November of 2018, casting should be out by late next year.

Thor wasn't a doctor, Don Blake was a doctor. And the Don Blake in the MCU is also a doctor. We don't actually know what movie Hawkeye's pre-SHIELD life was like because it's never come up. It's entirely possible that he did grow up in a circus (I seem to recall some chatter circulating during the AoU production that an earky draft of the script featured a scene where he talked about his circus background). And the work Sam Wilson was doing in Winter Soldier, counseling traumatized vets and helping them readjust to civilian life, was a clear parallel to his social work, recast to fit his military background.

It has nothing to do with what the "average joe" cares about; it has to do with how Marvel handles transitioning their characters from page to screen. While they're certainly not averse to making changes, their established pattern is to maintain the elements that they think are essential to the character's core concept. And Jennifer Walter's background as an attorney is fundamental to the foundation of the character. There's no chance that they'd drop it in moving her to the screen.
    Donald Blake was thor for a long time they are now 2 separate beings. and i disagree with your opinion.

BANNED

Donald Blake was thor for a long time they are now 2 separate beings.
    They were always two separate beings.

and i disagree with your opinion.
    Which opinion? The one about Marvel maintaining the core elements of their major characters in the transition from page to screen? Or the one about being a lawyer being a fundamental element of She-Hulk's character? Because those aren't opinions. Those are facts.
    Last edited by kalorama; 08-20-2015 at 08:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    Mr. Smith should know better, he's a director after all. And any director worth a dime should know that looks aren't worth squat if your actors can't act. Ms. Rousey can't act so that's that.
    But the fact that he seems not to know that, combined with the evidence of the majority of his filmography , paints a stark picture of what kind of director he is.

They were always two separate beings.

Which opinion? The one about Marvel maintaining the core elements of their major characters in the transition from page to screen? Or the one about being a lawyer being a fundamental element of She-Hulk's character? Because those aren't opinions. Those are facts.
    no its your opinion they are facts. lol in my opinion they are not.