Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    Especially funny when Bunn called Land's art "dynamic." Due to all the photo references, his work is anything but dynamic. Bunn might as well have thrown in the word "kinetic" while he was at it.
    Yeah, I laughed at that part too. In most Land scenes, it's not even clear that two characters who are fighting are actually on the same spatial plane. His photo-reffed art is stiff and lifeless, aside for the orgasmically good time all the women he "draws" always seem to be having, even while being punched in the face.

Cullen - I know you're reading these posts because you've been commenting. Despite my hatred of Land's art, I'm genuinely excited to read this series. I've been a big fan of all of your recent Marvel work and I really like your takes on some of my favorite X-characters, glad you're sticking around the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    In all seriousness, I don't think I can debate Greg's art with anyone. I like what he is doing. Many of the artists I work with (who are some of the most critical folks on the planet) have also said they think his stuff looks great. But I understand some folks don't like his work. I realized long ago you can't convince comics fans of anything. So the art in the book will stand or fall on its own merit. If that turns folks off the book, I get it.
    I think it isn't that Land's work appeals to you, that's fair. Different strokes for different folks. It just seemed strange that not only do you like his work, but you also see things that I just don't see. As I said, I find his work to be really stiff so "dynamic" just felt like an odd description, even for someone who is a fan of his work. The other descriptors you used? I could totally see a Land-fan using those.

That said, while I disagree with you on his work, I am happy to see you come on here and stand by your opinion. These interviews with writers on work-for-hire projects always have the obligatory "do you like the artist" question and I sometimes question the writer's sincerity. I mean, they HAVE to be positive and enthusiastic, right? I know that Bleeding Cool has mentioned that there's at least one writer (unnamed to date, but I could make a pretty educated guess) who worked with Land at Marvel who wasn't much of a fan of his work, to the point of deliberately scripting scenes that were impossible/much harder for Land to straight-up photo-reference. But I can guarantee that in interviews, that writer likely said nothing but glowing things about Land's work.

For what it's worth though, I'll still be checking this out. I loved your run on Magneto and I really like the cast you have for this book.

UncannyBroderz

I can not wait to read this series, i'm itching to see the new costumes for all these characters (especially Magneto)

10000000% faith in Cullen

here is hoping Emma Frost Joins this team *hint hint Mr Bunn**

Spectacular Member

I'm even more excited by this book now. Bring on December!!

Hello. Mr Cullen.

See you in the future on UXM. Knock em dead.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I love how this interview just completely made this book even more of a mystery than it already was. I have no idea what to expect.

Love a cast full of antiheroes/villains and questionable morality. Really excited for this book.

Very curious about the other members and how they operate. The cast so far is full of possible drama which is great

Really hoping for Emma Frost now. Would love Cable, Rachel, or Bishop as well.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

This is the only x-book i'll be reading, so here's hoping!

Oh, and please kill off Fantomex. Kthxbi!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Magneto was surprisingly magnificent - I'm very interested to see what Mr. Bunn can do with a wider array of characters but the same mandate to do something classically-influenced but unexpected. His plan for villains sounds ace to me; enough with the infighting and arguing with SHIELD.

It's also not beyond me to notice everyone on the promo cover is a character in need of serious structural and narrative rehabilitation - Marvel Now! made a mess of all of their motivations, save for Magneto via Bunn's hand. Let's hope we see them all put to good use.

(Also: hoping hard that Emma Frost will be one of the characters to fill out this villainous lineup.)
    Last edited by krisis; 08-19-2015 at 03:23 PM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

yes, more Emma.

A team with Emma and Mystique would be heavenly.

and god, an Emma not encumbered by Slouchy Slim Summers and his uptight shaming? Unchained, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    This is the only x-book i'll be reading, so here's hoping!

Oh, and please kill off Fantomex. Kthxbi!
    Yeah, I might actually read the book if he was gone.

I'll read this since Cullen Bunn is a talented and kind writer. However, I still despise Land. Here's to hoping they get a better artist after a couple issues like they did with Spider-Woman.

And I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Emma, Lorna and Rachel join the roster. I would also like to see Rogue guest-star since Bunn did a good job with her in the Magneto series.

Astonishing Member

Say what you will about Greg Land but his art is atleast entertaining to look at plus he didn't stop me before in getting Gillen's run on Uncanny so he's definitely not stopping me getting Bunn's especially since Bunn did a awesome job with Magneto. Happy that Sabretooth is back in his Jim lee designed 90s costume as well as Magneto in his old purple and red.

Mr. Bunn, let's sidestep the nasty racial identity nonsense that's part and parcel with a dated conceit like Psylocke and just jettison her the **** out of the book.

That character will do nothing but drag down. Don't even try to work up a plausibility or reasoning behind a character who's never been fit for purpose outside of a oh-so-tired fetish.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 08-19-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Say what you will about Greg Land but his art is atleast entertaining to look at plus he didn't stop me before in getting Gillen's run on Uncanny so he's definitely not stopping me getting Bunn's especially since Bunn did a awesome job with Magneto. Happy that Sabretooth is back in his Jim lee designed 90s costume as well as Magneto in his old purple and red.
    Sabretooth only looks best in his classic costume. Think the Hama/Tex mini from 1993. My god, HAWT.

This looks to me to be the most interesting line-up out of the new X-books that were announced. And while Land isn't my favorite, he's also not my least favorite and I can say with all honesty that I really thought his recent Mighty Avengers work was better than anything he did during his previous X-Men tenure.