Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Wow yogaflame that's amazing!

BANNED

BANNED

So today this guy on tumblr sent me a message.
    He'd been searching the web for pics of psylocke and one of mine came up.
    So he felt the need to send me a message.
    "Hi, this isn't to be mean or anaything, but why do you make her hips like that? Why don't you just make the Jim Lee version?"
    I didn't even know where to start.
    So I asked him " Why should I make my art like Jim Lee, when i'm not him? I know everybody has their version of Psylocke in their heads, and Literally everybody draws her a different way! Are you singling me out for some reason?

About an hour later he replies.
    "No, I was just curious why you gave her hips..!"

I still have yet to respond to it. But it just kills me when people single you out, like on the whole internets you found me? Why couldn't he have just been like, Hey saw your stuff, although your style isn't what I like normally, good work or something.
    Why do fans seemingly have this need to make everybody like things the way they personally like it?
    We both like Psylocke obviously, I put my stuff out there knowing somebody will critique it. But why be hostile? If it's not something you like, why not just keep it moving. It was like he's telling me only do my art one way, not my way.
    I dont get it shrug. My stuff aint for everybody, but sheesh. I feel bad for Pro artists. I feel real bad for Rok He Kim.. I can only imagine what type of emails he got after the first couple issues on X-force.

Like nobody does her the same. /rant over.

BANNED

20140524_154015-1.jpg
    Just messing around with some extra cardboard inserts and cheap Crayola watercolors. Never a bad reason to whip out a Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Why do fans seemingly have this need to make everybody like things the way they personally like it?
    Dude, I must admit that I was kinda wondering the same thing as the guy who emailed you. She's never discribed as being obese in the comic books, so I wondered why you drew her as being overweight? It's the kind of thing that seems like it needs a plot explanation - why has a physically active and formerly slim woman become heavily overweight? It's clearly not a problem with your artistic abilities as it's a very anatomically correct and precise depiction of an obese women, so I guess it's a choice to draw her that way?

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    So today this guy on tumblr sent me a message.
    He'd been searching the web for pics of psylocke and one of mine came up.
    So he felt the need to send me a message.
    "Hi, this isn't to be mean or anaything, but why do you make her hips like that? Why don't you just make the Jim Lee version?"
    I didn't even know where to start.
    So I asked him " Why should I make my art like Jim Lee, when i'm not him? I know everybody has their version of Psylocke in their heads, and Literally everybody draws her a different way! Are you singling me out for some reason?

About an hour later he replies.
    "No, I was just curious why you gave her hips..!"

I still have yet to respond to it. But it just kills me when people single you out, like on the whole internets you found me? Why couldn't he have just been like, Hey saw your stuff, although your style isn't what I like normally, good work or something.
    We both like Psylocke obviously, I put my stuff out there knowing somebody will critique it. But why be hostile? If it's not something you like, why not just keep it moving. It was like he's telling me only do my art one way, not my way.
    I dont get it shrug. My stuff aint for everybody, but sheesh. I feel bad for Pro artists. I feel real bad for Rok He Kim.. I can only imagine what type of emails he got after the first couple issues on X-force.

Like nobody does her the same. /rant over.
    Well said!

The days of house style are over. More individuality in art please!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    Dude, I must admit that I was kinda wondering the same thing as the guy who emailed you. She's never discribed as being obese in the comic books, so I wondered why you drew her as being overweight? It's the kind of thing that seems like it needs a plot explanation - why has a physically active and formerly slim woman become heavily overweight? It's clearly not a problem with your artistic abilities as it's a very anatomically correct and precise depiction of an obese women, so I guess it's a choice to draw her that way?
    This is not at you.
    Here's the thing I draw her in several varieties, ALL of my Psylockes exist in another dimension, NONE are 616 or even related to 616. . I do her slim (NOT skinny, like how EVERYBODY draws EVERY female the same way.), I also Do Voluptuous, Which means she's Thicker than average, and also shorter than the 5'11" as in the books. so she's got curves, Because It's MY VERSION of her.), I also draw her as Plus sized with HUGANIC boobs, is some of my other works. In others She's like the Psylocke from the books. Because I do VARIETY. Some people have no clue what a normal woman looks like, because they think all women should have boy bodies and weigh 2 lbs. Models of the 80's would be considered Plus Sized in todays 's (everything needs to be skinny) world. Betsy weighed 155lbs, she wasn't a muscular 155, but she was fit. She had curves in all the older books. She got thinner as society changed, but she somehow remained 155lbs. Yet Storm is 135 lbs and looks more fit and curvy than Betsy, at the same height? Comics are funny like that. :P

So no I don't do obese...

I hope you don't think THIS is obese...There are people out there they don't know obese from thick, or even artistic license.. She's not described as any of these either.

Or this

Or this

BANNED

THESE are obese... I dont do this. BUT I also don't hate on people that draw her this way, It's just their way of doing things. Not for me, but I appreciate the art.

Some people would think this picture she looks fat or obese..

BANNED

I have a hard time believing she could run fast and quietly with thighs like that.

BANNED

why is Songbird/Diamondback posting here?

BANNED

Anyway, back to the art, rant done lol.

Here's a couple commissions I had done from Animazement this year.

Bust shot

B & W Pinup

BANNED

A couple More Commissions I had made.

B & W pinup

Last edited by Tazirai; 05-24-2014 at 08:36 PM.

BANNED

these are positively ancient, because, believe it or not, once upon a time I used to like Ms Betsy

@Taz - It's sad to see that some people had never heard of Frank Frazetta. He drew voluptuous women like no ones business and was an influence for me, even if I never draw like that myself. Your drawings remind me of that in how your females are structured.
    It's also sad that like you have to point out the differences between voluptuous and obese. Thanks for doing that.
    Also, love the con sketches. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I have a hard time believing she could run fast and quietly with thighs like that.
    Her leg bands contain anti-grav units. It's the secret to why the Hand clan of ninjas can jump so high! After all their base when Psylocke was a member had anti-grav technology in it.

@ Valeficent - Those may be old, but they show that you had fun making them!
    Last edited by Zhaxra; 06-08-2014 at 04:25 AM.