Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Colored it....

Attachment 70932
    Great! Love the darker take on the costume and how “mystical” the psychic aura looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Great! Love the darker take on the costume and how “mystical” the psychic aura looks.
    Thank you. Yes I love to play with different brushes in Painter. They have some really neat brushes designed for powers, light and more.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Attachment 70666

My attempt at the new costume. I colored it differently.
    This is freaking gorgeous.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Rough sketch I did on my roadtrip. It's my take on a Psiwars sequel. Psi-Wars.jpg

Changed my mind.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-24-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery old artwork trying (too hard) for an erotic pose. I really wanted to capture the purple of her hair and eyes. The two fans were meant as an homage to Kwannon's Japanese influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery old artwork trying (too hard) for an erotic pose. I really wanted to capture the purple of her hair and eyes. The two fans were meant as an homage to Kwannon's Japanese influence.

Beautiful. Love the eyes, eyeshadow and tonal variety in the skin and hair. It’s great how the eyes and hair are a deep, rich, but still unambiguous shade of purple.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 09-29-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Slight variation on the new costume. Can't say that I'm necessarily a fan of it just yet, but it seems like only DC really puts any effort in that these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

These are great!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Slight variation on the new costume. Can't say that I'm necessarily a fan of it just yet, but it seems like only DC really puts any effort in that these days.
    The color scheme, face and hair are beautiful. I’m just not feeling the extra wide neckline. The X choker is a very nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    The color scheme, face and hair are beautiful. I’m just not feeling the extra wide neckline. The X choker is a very nice touch.
    Considering how badly Betsy has been injured in the past, I'm convinced that she would wear nothing short of full plate armor. Or a full body vibranium mesh suit. (If Betts is on speaking terms with Shuri, maybe she can give her a call and see about borrowing something from Shuri's light armor couture?) The images that I saw of her new costume all had the off the shoulder tunic, so I went with it, albeit with a bit more plunge. Honestly, I don't think Betsy's new costume reflects her personality at all. But maybe that was by design?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”

~James Baldwin

Considering how badly Betsy has been injured in the past, I'm convinced that she would wear nothing short of full plate armor. Or a full body vibranium mesh suit. (If Betts is on speaking terms with Shuri, maybe she can give her a call and see about borrowing something from Shuri's light armor couture?) The images that I saw of her new costume all had the off the shoulder tunic, so I went with it, albeit with a bit more plunge. Honestly, I don't think Betsy's new costume reflects her personality at all. But maybe that was by design?
    Armor would be great!

Yeah the neckline is one of my least favorite aspects of the new costume and the best versions of it downplay the off the shoulder cut.

BANNED

Looks great my man. Did the sexy "Emma Peel" vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Looks great my man. Did the sexy "Emma Peel" vibe to it.
    Much appreciated!

I'll probably do one more of Betts in one of her classic costumes. Lots of ways you can go with Betsy. What I find interesting is that so many people forget that she and Brian Braddock are twins with a naturally strong psychic bond between the two. In lieu of exploring a "secondary mutation" for Betts, I wonder if any consideration was ever given to her simply developing additional powers as a consequence of her Otherworld heritage, or the bond that she has with Brian? Given all of the mystical energy and powerful artifacts that Brian has received, including direct imbuements from Merlin and wielding the sword Excalibur, there's bound to be some seepage to Betsy's side of the equation. I'll try to create a costume/body armor that reflects that Betsy, royal heir to the throne of Otherworld, psionic knight and assassin.

~James Baldwin

BANNED

Much appreciated!

I'll probably do one more of Betts in one of her classic costumes. Lots of ways you can go with Betsy. What I find interesting is that so many people forget that she and Brian Braddock are twins with a naturally strong psychic bond between the two. In lieu of exploring a "secondary mutation" for Betts, I wonder if any consideration was ever given to her simply developing additional powers as a consequence of her Otherworld heritage, or the bond that she has with Brian? Given all of the mystical energy and powerful artifacts that Brian has received, including direct imbuements from Merlin and wielding the sword Excalibur, there's bound to be some seepage to Betsy's side of the equation. I'll try to create a costume/body armor that reflects that Betsy, royal heir to the throne of Otherworld, psionic knight and assassin.
    Well, before she came to America her powers were never defined as a mutation. So they could have been the Latent Otherworld powers, that Dr. Synne opened up. They went FULL Sorceress Supreme in Earth-X where she became Dr. Stranges Psychic Sorceress Apprentice. She was even trained by Victoria Bentley, another of Dr. Stranges apprentices.