Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    The problem with the Inhumans is that they used to be really cool and enigmatic. Now they're just kind of there.
    Bingo. I love the Inhumans but removing their clandestine nature takes away one of their most attractive qualities, if that makes any sense. In fact, in the Ultimate universe they only made a single appearance in that F4 annual.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

^ They are still enigmatic. The book and franchise as a whole is evolving but the core of what makes the Inhumans Inhuman is still very much present.

The only difference is now they aren't a secret. And at the end of that day that's a good thing, it means they will be actively involved in the Marvel Universe, rather than a neutral bystander.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Ok, so I was a big X-Men fan long before I ever encountered the Inhumans. The majority of my comicbook subscriptions when I first started collecting comics a couple of years ago was X-Men so, I consider myself largely an X-Fan. But first things first, X-Men is obviously a Fox Movie franchise, so there is a certain element of Marvel not wanting to advertise their movies and properties as such. So you can see why Inhumans are fast replacing the X-Men in terms of a franchise, a Marvel owned property is getting it's own movie later this decade - that needs advertising.

But I do get where people are coming from, the X-Men have just had a decade of pretty crappy times going to what, 200 mutants? Then their race essentially being reborn for what now could just be considered a plot device for a new school to get opened. Being literally killed by the Terrigen Mists sucks ass. But at the end of the day it's business, Marvel are doing what they can to promote their own movies and properties, whilst trying to back away from Fox owned ones like FF and X-Men which haven't previously done too well.

Of course, if Deadpool and Apocalypse do well then we will probably see an increase in X-Books and probably an Apocalypse storyline.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough