Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Default Thread drift: Marvel's promotion of Inhumans vis-à-vis "replacement" Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So, there is a YOUNG INHUMAN WOMAN who is GREEEN, who FLIES and whose name is NAJA.

I wonder if she'll end up being ignored like the YOUNG INHUMAN WOMAN who is GREEN, who FLIES and whose name is TONAJA.
    LOL, is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What other book that sells in that range gets two other spin off books? There's plenty of books that sell better than that, that don't have one spin off book, much less two.
    Yep, clearly it isn't a reflection of the sales, but rather of Marvel's mandate of "We'll turn Inhumans into 2nd rate X-men or die trying".

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Crystal has plenty to be upset about. Considering they pretty much forced her to marry Ronan (which turned out to be not so bad) before later actually forcing her to separate from him after they fell in love. They tried to ship her off to be regent of the Shi'ar, and after Crystal stopped Black Bolt from releasing a T-Bomb on the Shi'ar, he actually detonated one on Earth. Now, to add insult to injury, her sister is dating her first love.
    Her full name is Crystal E. Coyote, it seems.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

I can't wait for I-Force and Inhumans: Legacy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    ... Yep, clearly it isn't a reflection of the sales, but rather of Marvel's mandate of "We'll turn Inhumans into 2nd rate X-men or die trying". ...
    I think you're overstating the significance of comics these days, in the larger scheme of things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    Awww... don't worry, it'll be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero Worship View Post
    I think you're overstating the significance of comics these days, in the larger scheme of things.
    No, I know exactly what it is: an attempt to force Inhumans down the fans throats to see if they stick while trying to find a concept that is popular enough that can be used in the movies, using the comics as a testing ground.

No, I know exactly what it is: an attempt to force Inhumans down the fans throats to see if they stick while trying to find a concept that is popular enough that can be used in the movies, using the comics as a testing ground.
    Or, ya know, some of us actually like the Inhumans and feel that this push is long overdue.

Try finding a reading list of Inhumans' history. It's a couple books in another character's title here and there, but nothing really concrete that could really build the Inhumans up in the MU. This can actually start to give the Inhumans a cohesive, strong identity.

Fantastic Member

The problem is adjusting from being THE flagship title to just another franchise. The X-men were popular with Clairmont in the 80's, this bled over into the 90's with the fanbase and goodwill. But eventually that faded. The fact is the x-men franchise has stagnated creatively speaking and Marvel is trying to push other concepts like Guardians and Inhumans. Plus Marvel has their rights. And why not, Guardians are proving popular and im interested in the new inhumans.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Medusa and the Inhuman's have been keeping tabs on her off and on throughout her run. Lockjaw is essentially her sidekick. It's a very Inhuman's book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Not true, Lockjaw is in it constantly, she goes to Attilan a lot, she also interacts with other inhumans made from the cloud, Lineage also tried to recruit her.

She's pretty tied in to the core Inhumans, she's just doing her own thing instead of abandoning her family to live on Attilan, which far too many of NuHumans did for my taste.
    I haven't read it, so I'm not going to argue the point. Of course, I don't really consider Deadpool or Wolverine (the dead one) X-books either, so obviously I don't agree with Marvel's labels either.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Or, ya know, some of us actually like the Inhumans and feel that this push is long overdue.

Try finding a reading list of Inhumans' history. It's a couple books in another character's title here and there, but nothing really concrete that could really build the Inhumans up in the MU. This can actually start to give the Inhumans a cohesive, strong identity.
    And I like the old Inhumans.

The Inhumans who had a very concrete, strong, cohesive, as well as UNIQUE, identity, as created by Stan and Jack. It was expanded upon excellently in their own series in Amazing Adventures and a solo, and an OGN, and a few mini-series of their own, including a great Eisner winning piece by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee. Oh, and then they had a fabulous turn in War of Kings --which was tossed away, like much of DnA great cosmic work, to be something that isn't all that unique or as interesting, at least not to me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

people aren't stupid, they can see the x-men concept has been gutted and glommed onto the inhumans. the more marvel does it, expect the more commentary about it.

also, what is the point of this thread?

Her full name is Crystal E. Coyote, it seems.
    This quote made my day!!!

The Inhumans who had a very concrete, strong, cohesive, as well as UNIQUE, identity, as created by Stan and Jack. It was expanded upon excellently in their own series in Amazing Adventures and a solo, and an OGN, and a few mini-series of their own, including a great Eisner winning piece by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee. Oh, and then they had a fabulous turn in War of Kings --which was tossed away, like much of DnA great cosmic work, to be something that isn't all that unique or as interesting, at least not to me.
    I'm not fan of the inhuman... but at last that time they have their own identity... but now they want they live what the X-men have lived since a long time... they want to give them another identity that is not their own...

And that is something I hate about comics... Is like, in order to have more black characters, they make Sam Wilson as Captain America and not develop him as Falcon...

I would love more to see his character development as Falcon than change him to Captain America 8I think that ruined Sam Wilson as character for me)...

The same with inhumans... They will ruin them f they change their identity and give them the one from the X-Men (hated by humans, blah blah blah)...
    Last edited by datugu; 08-20-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    There is a tendency for Inhumans news threads to disgress into meta-discussions about Inhumans being the new Mutants, or talk of Inhuman-headlined titles' sales figures to prop one argument or the other. This has the unfortunate effect of taking away actual discussion about the potential storylines of the title or character development of the principals. I am therefore moving such Inhuman/Mutant discussions into a separate thread and requesting that follow-up posts be written there.
    is this an official forum rule now? "mutants and sales" can't be discussed in inhuman threads? if so, you should put this into forum rules, both to save yourself a large headache in the coming months and to keep people from getting themselves into trouble for not knowing or forgetting.

also, i really question this move, especially now that marvel is officially sending the inhumans and mutants to war with each other after civil war. it seems counterproductive, but it's your board.

just please update the rules so everyone knows. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post

I DO like the Inhumans, but this isn't them- it's merely an attempt to turn them into X-men substitutes so they can use them in the films. The sales don't justify adding another book, and if you think it's merely "giving the push they are long overdue" for story reasons, you're living in a fantasy world.

And I like the old Inhumans.

Yes to all this. I wish DnA cosmic stuff continued, seemed like it was the natural path for the Inhumans. But nah, have to turn them into 2nd rate X-men, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    also, what is the point of this thread?
    I'm not sure, I didn't create this, some moderator did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    I-Factor too

Marvel really wants to make inhumans happen, I don't think it will workout so easy as guardians of galaxy with marvel forcing it

There has been a lot of effort to make the X-Men vanish from the public eye, so obviously they are less popular now. But honestly though if Marvel made an X-Men animated series and accompanying merchandise they would make money off of it, I don't get why the X-Men are treated as competition when Marvel owns everything except the movie rights.