Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

In Attilan's rite of passage going thru T-Gen didn't have a cocoon state. I don't know why the metamorphosis changed from instantaneous transformation to cocconing after coming into contact to terrigen mist. I can only guess maybe the potency of the terrigen crystal in Attilan was much purer and stronger than the diluted terrigen cloud in the atmosphere.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    That's the way it has ALWAYS been. Even in Attilan some Inhumans would be transformed by the mist, others killed, and some not affected at all.
    The difference is that they all volunteered and had a ceremony specially designed for that. Also, the Inhumans were a secret society, known by few.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    In Attilan's rite of passage going thru T-Gen didn't have a cocoon state. I don't know why the metamorphosis changed from instanteneous transformation to cocconing after coming into contact to terrigen mist. I can only guess maybe the potency of the terrigen crystal in Attilan was much purer and stronger than the diluted terrigen cloud in the atmosphere.
    You're right. For some reason I thought Tonaja was in a coccon, but it was just her skin peeling off.

In "Son of M" they didn't use cocoons either, and that was just a sliver of a crystal.

The Inhuman continuity is all over the place with Terrigen. Sometimes it has no effect on humans (Inhumanity) and sometimes it turns humans in Hulk-like creature before they decay (Son of M).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly- just like with mutantkind, it's completely random.
    I wouldn't say it is random. I would say that it is recessive.

The genes that initiates terrigenesis can be diluted through breeding with non-Inhumans and other variances that can make the host unable to complete the process (Marvel Knights' Inhumans).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The difference is that they all volunteered and had a ceremony specially designed for that. Also, the Inhumans were a secret society, known by few.
    paul jenkins, the man who authored the premiere inhuman mini series along with jae lee, has gone on record as how the inhumans have lost the pieces that make them unique and distinguish them from the mutants.

maybe paul jenkins should read some books sometime too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jenkins View Post
    'CBR TV: Jenkins on Publishing with Kickstarter Marvel's Inhumans Resurgence' - CBR
    Writer, Paul Jenkins, discusses his Kickstarter project at NYCC and weighs in on the issue of the Inhumans replacing the X-Men.
    “When I see the Inhumans now being prominent, I think it's for different reasons than the obvious one. I think it's the fact that Marvel Entertainment require a group that are like the X-Men. But they don't have the X-Men. They sold the rights to that from underneath themselves years ago -- as they did with Spider-Man -- Sony have Spider-Man, Fox have the X-Men. These are things that Marvel Entertainment should be in control of but to get to where they are now with the great "Iron Man" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" films they had to build up, and so they had to sell off -- not completely sell off, but make Spider-Man films with somebody else.”

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    maybe paul jenkins should read some books sometime too.
    What? That's... that's not what he is saying at all.

He is saying that Marvel is pushing them because they want to make their own X-men movies and the Inhumans work as that analog, but he hopes they don't mess them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    What? That's... that's not what he is saying at all.

He is saying that Marvel is pushing them because they want to make their own X-men movies and the Inhumans work as that analog, but he hopes they don't mess them up.
    yes, thank you for agreeing that marvel have turned the inhuman into x-men stand-ins.

yes, thank you for agreeing that marvel have turned the inhuman into x-men stand-ins.
    That's Jenkins opinion, he is not talking as a representative for Marvel.

When I see the Inhumans now being prominent, I think it's for different reasons than the obvious one. I think it's the fact that Marvel Entertainment require a group that are like the X-Men. But they don't have the X-Men.Well they want to make their own X-Men films, and what's the best way for them to do that is call them Inhumans. So that's what they want to do. I hope that they will follow what Jae [Lee] and I did on "Inhumans" because I think that we had the take that worked.
    Last edited by Blue Reloaded; 08-20-2015 at 01:17 PM.

another perspective on the current state of inhumans and mutants, as presented by buzzfeed just recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzfeed
    The Inhumans are great on a conceptual level — they’re basically a secret society of half-alien weirdos who became their “true selves” when exposed to a special mutagenic mist as teenagers. For whatever reason, the classic version of the Inhumans has always been a nonstarter for Marvel, despite a critically acclaimed maxiseries by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee in the late ’90s. Marvel has been pushing the Inhumans very hard in the recent past, mainly because a movie based on the characters is due at the end of this decade. Unfortunately, the current iteration of the Inhumans is a lot less interesting — the ritualistic application of the mist has been ditched in favor of the mist just floating around the world, turning random people with secret Inhuman lineage into superpowered freaks. This has essentially transformed Inhumans into an off-brand version of mutants, but weighed down with the baggage of a complicated royal family and a bunch of ultra-bland new characters. It’s hard to imagine that Marvel can ever “replace” the X-Men with this bunch of randos, but it looks like they’ll keep trying to make “fetch” happen for at least another five or six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    Last video game? Destiny, 4 years ago. They have had more video games than any superhero save batman and maybe spider man.
    As for tv show, i am not sure but it may be a rights issue.
    It's not a right issue, Marvel owns all rights from the X-Men except movie rights.

another perspective on the current state of inhumans and mutants, as presented by buzzfeed just recently.
    Buzzfeed is not a legitimate source.

after reading about this argument I didn't know that Nuhumans were being killed by Inhuman extremists. I might have to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Buzzfeed is not a legitimate source.
    this isn't a courtroom nor is it an official inquiry. it's a thread about marvel's promotion of inhumans vs mutants.

this isn't a courtroom nor is it an official inquiry. it's a thread about marvel's promotion of inhumans vs mutants.
    And using random internet people's quotes as proof doesn't work anywhere.

proof of what? also, can you define "legitimate?" thanks