View Poll Results: Who's your favourite host/judge/presenter?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • JO BRAND (host of "An Extra Slice)

0 0%
  • MEL GIEDROYC

2 40.00%
  • MARY BERRY

0 0%
  • PAUL HOLLYWOOD

1 20.00%
  • SUE PERKINS

2 40.00%
  • STEPHEN NOONAN (season 1 voice-over)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default #Bakexit

EPISODE 5 - Pastry Week
    [SB] Candice
    ~ eliminated: Val

I always love "Pastry Week", purely because I always love pastries. Some of the bakes really made my mouth water, and poor Andrew, ONCE AGAIN close but no cigar. At long last dear ol' Val (who is adorable) left; and it was time. She just never had a good week; and it's getting harder and harder to judge. Anyone else NOT know a true Bake Well Tart looked like that? Might make one this weekend. And I have every sympathy for filo pastry, even trying to build stuff out of shop bought ones is hard enough; UGH! Never again.

The tale of Baklava was gorgeous (the history of cooking is always one of my favourite parts of the show)

Also [article below], WOW! Over 1400 comments on the BBC website; that must be some sort of record for a non-political article on that website... sad to loose her, and NO SURPRISE Hollywood followed the money.

Great British Bake Off: Mary Berry leaves but Paul Hollywood stays
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37437907

Mary Berry will not be a judge on The Great British Bake Off when it moves from the BBC to Channel 4, but Paul Hollywood has said he will remain. Berry said she was staying with the BBC out of "loyalty", adding that it had nurtured her and the show. She said Bake Off had been "a unique and brilliant format from day one" and that she was "just sad for the audience who may not be ready for change".

But Hollywood said he was "delighted" to be staying on the show. "It's been a huge part of my life in the past few years and I just couldn't turn my back on all that," he said. BBC media correspondent David Sillito said Hollywood had been offered "some appearances" on Top Gear by the BBC before he signed the Channel 4 deal.

Berry wished the show "every success", and added: "Farewell to soggy bottoms."

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Default Week 7 - DESSERT WEEK

EPISODE 7 - Dessert Week
    spoilers:
    [SB] Andrew
    ~ eliminated: Tom

So sad to see Tom go, shocked really. Thought it would be Salasi; purely because he came last in the technical. But ultimately THRILLED Andrew won. At long last, he's been so close so many times; and his deserts looks gorgeous. This week I watched GBBO without a cake, and I picked wrong. This was a hard episode to watch without some chocolate goodness to feast on while I watched it.
    end of spoilers
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Apologies I've been shockingly bad at updating this in 2017, very busy on tour. BUT tonight is the Bake Off finale (first finale for Channel 4) and I'm 100% #TeamStephen. I actually feel he's so good two weeks he's intentionally been DENIED Star Baker just so there is "some" suspense at the finale. His bakes are visually stunning, and he's the loveliest chap. I hope he wins.

Haven't watched it once since it "went with the money".

Steven looks quite tasty though...

It was funny to watch the BBC gleefully reporting that one of the judges had tweeted the name of the winner hours before the show aired

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    Haven't watched it once since it "went with the money".
    Steven looks quite tasty though...
    I was surprised how... it was basically the same. They did a good job on the casting, and Steven (and Tom) were tasty indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    It was funny to watch the BBC gleefully reporting that one of the judges had tweeted the name of the winner hours before the show aired
    I was amazed the BBC didn't release the name of who won, reporting as legitimate news by screenshot-ing her tweet.