Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default WB CEO Confirms That "Batman v Superman" Has Been Screened Internally

In light of a disappointing summer, CEO Kevin Tsujihara comments on Warner Bros.' decision to bump "BvS" to 2016.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

pfft, he's just bragging. "yeah I've seen it MULTIPLE times, just watched it again last night n00bs, what you haven't seen it yet? well trust me it's going to be awesome! I know because I've seen it like 100 times already"

:P

Amazing Member

I distinctly remember similar articles prior to the release of "Man of Steel," with people saying, "I immediately wanted to see it again!" "Man of Steel" had its moments, but my god, what a grim film. I can't imagine anyone saying, "Yeah, let's watch thousands die on screen again right now!"

I get that WB is trying to hype this flick. That is their job, and they have a LOT riding on this film. I'm sure they also saw how word of mouth put a bullet in the skull of "Fantastic Four" (and WB has experience with that with "Green Lantern," which was the "FF" of that year). So, yeah. They're doing what they have to do. But I'm going into "Superman v. Batman" with incredibly low expectations. Henry Cavill is a total dreamboat. Batfleck gives me the tingles in costume. I should be all about this, but I'm more interested in Wonder Woman than either of the male lead characters at this point. Dark! Gritty! Kewl! No.

I have very little faith in the filmmakers involved with this project. I just hope it doesn't make me as sad as "MoS" did.

Why does him admitting he's watched it several times make me think someone is going to be very motivated to steal and leak this to the public.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Quote Originally Posted by JokersNuts View Post
    pfft, he's just bragging. "yeah I've seen it MULTIPLE times, just watched it again last night n00bs, what you haven't seen it yet? well trust me it's going to be awesome! I know because I've seen it like 100 times already"

:P
    LOL. That's good.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

All-New Member

After MoS, I immediately wanted to see it again. I bought the DVD and watched it multiple times. So, I'm definitely looking forward to BvS, even more than ever after this news. I just don't get the fanboy hate, I thought it was a great modern take, but I'm clearly in the minority on these boards.

March will still have kids still in school. unless they're playing hooky during the day. Depending on the regional weather, it may still be snowy and damp in certain parts of the country.

All-New Member

Same with me. MoS was excellent and I expect no less from BvS.

All-New Member

"But it was absolutely the right decision for the franchise, for DC and the movie. Having seen the movie multiple times, and again last night, I’m extremely confident it was the right decision to make the movie better. And it’s so important for the studio to get the foundation right on DC.”

Um....does that not worry anybody else? I know minor reshoots are pretty common these days, but that line is really off-putting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Why does him admitting he's watched it several times make me think someone is going to be very motivated to steal and leak this to the public.
    never know, some random assistant grabs it and dumps it on the net

It is a risk, delaying a movie and undermining box office scores for a year. But I think it is a risk worth taking. This is probably the biggest movie WB has ever made. They can't rush it or force it. We saw what happened with the Fantastic Four when a studio did that. It didn't turn out well. WB doesn't want that to happen with this. They want to lay the foundation for a world that can match Marvel. And at this stage, I the success of this movie will be good for superhero movies as a whole. Marvel can't and shouldn't have a monopoly on high quality superhero movies. There needs to be healthy competition. And if WB can provide that, I think us the fans will benefit in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It is a risk, delaying a movie and undermining box office scores for a year. But I think it is a risk worth taking. This is probably the biggest movie WB has ever made. They can't rush it or force it. We saw what happened with the Fantastic Four when a studio did that. It didn't turn out well. WB doesn't want that to happen with this. They want to lay the foundation for a world that can match Marvel. And at this stage, I the success of this movie will be good for superhero movies as a whole. Marvel can't and shouldn't have a monopoly on high quality superhero movies. There needs to be healthy competition. And if WB can provide that, I think us the fans will benefit in the long run.
    there needs to be WORTHY competition

WB does need this movie to prove that it can compete at that level

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    there needs to be WORTHY competition

WB does need this movie to prove that it can compete at that level
    There is no blanket standard of "worthiness," as it's a matter of individual taste and preference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by durkadurka View Post
    "But it was absolutely the right decision for the franchise, for DC and the movie. Having seen the movie multiple times, and again last night, I’m extremely confident it was the right decision to make the movie better. And it’s so important for the studio to get the foundation right on DC.”

Um....does that not worry anybody else? I know minor reshoots are pretty common these days, but that line is really off-putting.
    Nope. Don't see why it should.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    There is no blanket standard of "worthiness," as it's a matter of individual taste and preference.
    I feel like Marvel has set the standard