Fantastic Member

Default Potential Secret Wars spoilers in Legendary board game?

So earlier this month, the board/card game Legendary released an expansion called 'Secret Wars vol 1'.

For those unfamiliar, Legendary is a deck building game based on the marvel IP. It allows players to build a team based on playable heroes who have certain cards, and fight against villain groups and a "mastermind" who is trying to accomplish a 'scheme'.

They have released various expansions so there are a lot of different character and villains. They have even made a variant where you play as the villains against a heroic "mastermind".

Anyway, This latest expansion has some interesting things that may be telling about Secret wars or the post-secret wars world. I believe I read somewhere that the game makers worked with Marvel to develop this set, so may have been made aware of more plot than is currently released. I don't own the expansion, so I haven't looked at all the cards, but the card list itself is pretty telling.

Some of the new heroes:
    (X-Men) Magik
    (X-Men) Old Man Logan
    (X-Men) Apocalyptic Kitty Pryde

We know Old Man Logan is getting an ongoing in the new world. We know Kitty Pryde is hanging with the guardians of the galaxy...but is it 616 kitty pryde? Or is it the apocalyptic one from the Kitty and Starlord secret wars series? It's interesting that normal Kitty Pryde isn't a playable hero yet, so it's odd that they made this distinction.

Magik being in there is also interesting. Though she's been a power player on main X-teams for a few years, so she may just be getting her due. However..combine it with the new Mastermind (the games super-villains) Madelyne Pryor, Goblin Queen who always leads the forces of Limbo (the villain group in the game). Perhaps the Inferno series ends with Magik no longer being Darkchyld and the Goblin Queen takes over Limbo. They said every series in secret wars will contribute to the new universe going forward, maybe this will be the Magik we get after secret wars?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

would love to see Magik in the Dr Strange series. Total frenemy?

BANNED

They're probably just adding characters who were prominent in Secret Wars.