Default Dynamite November 2015 Solicitations

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

Just JAMES BOND #1 and WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT #5 for me.

I of course will be getting Bond....James Bond #1(I had to do it)
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Getting when they come out:

JOHN CARTER: WARLORD OF MARS #13 -- Malsuni cover
    RED SONJA / CONAN #4 -- Benes cover

Getting when I can afford them, most likely:

VAMPIRELLA #1969
    ALICE COOPER VS. CHAOS! #3
    JUSTICE INC.: THE AVENGER #5
    MASKS 2 #8
    THE SHADOW VOL. 2 #4
    WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT #5

By the way the solicitations on Dynamite's site are at http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/pr...r&getYear=2015

I'm expecting to go with:
    * MASKS 2 #8 ( of 8 )
    * WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT #5
    and probably JUSTICE, INC.: THE AVENGER #6

Also eventually expect to get:
    * RED SONJA VOL. 3: THE FORGIVING OF MONSTERS TRADE PAPERBACK

Masks 2 (new hero ... cool!)

Shadow (diggin' the Lovecraft mention)

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Shadow (diggin' the Lovecraft mention)
    I've decided to trade-wait this, since I only spent $1.00 for the first issue. (I don't know if Bunn's story could go South at some point, plus I'm hoping they'll include his issue #0 from last year since it was so heavily referenced in issue #1.)

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'll most likely be getting James Bond #1. I'm waiting for Will Eisner's The Spirit to be collected in trade paperback.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

It's strange, but come December, I may be down to just one title from Dynamite (WILL EISNER'S THE SPIRIT ) unless they start offering some new stuff that appeals to me.

Anyone knows if there's confirmation of Gail Simone's run on Red Sonia ending on issue 18? That was what I read quite a while ago...

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Anyone knows if there's confirmation of Gail Simone's run on Red Sonia ending on issue 18? That was what I read quite a while ago...
    What Dynamite says about issue #18:
    Gail Simone concludes her epic run on Red Sonja with the most heart-wrenching event in the life of our heroine! Face-to-face with the man she hates and distrusts most in the world, Red Sonja hears - for the first time ever - his side of the story. The last survivor of the craven murderers who wiped out her tribe finally comes clean at the end of Sonja's blade. But then... something wholly shocking and unexpected happens. Nothing will prepare you for what's to come, as Sonja's infamous blood rage comes to a boil!
    http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13020621318011
    The issue was originally suppose to ship . . . a while ago; latest date I've seen for it is currently 9/23/2015 (according to the current "Dynamite Entertainment Extended Forecast for 09/02/2015" at comiclist.com).

I have not heard anything about her run being extended beyond that issue, but I don't know if they've ever officially announced who will be taking over the character for any relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What Dynamite says about issue #18:http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13020621318011
    The issue was originally suppose to ship . . . a while ago; latest date I've seen for it is currently 9/23/2015 (according to the current "Dynamite Entertainment Extended Forecast for 09/02/2015" at comiclist.com).

I have not heard anything about her run being extended beyond that issue, but I don't know if they've ever officially announced who will be taking over the character for any relaunch.
    Thanks for the info, yeah I figured the end would be 18 as was mentioned quite some time ago. The solicits up to November make no mention of a her solo book either...

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Masks 2 (new hero ... cool!)
    I think I've figured out who the new hero might be.
    spoilers:
    In Masks 2 #7, it seems like the final issue will focus on the heroes trying to change the past so that either the events that created the villain Red Death don't result in the death of her father, or if they don't do that they'll stop her from becoming the Red Death.

Maybe if she doesn't become Red Death, she'll instead become a hero . . . possibly even The Woman in Red or Masquerade?
    end of spoilers

Just a thought.