Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Powered By Gravity

I can't wait for Roc to be back on something regular. He's an amazing artist.

I didn't realize that Roc was back from the dead and have started posting on twitter again. Some new images of Rat Queens at the beach

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

The man paid his dues. I would really love to see him back on Rat Queens, but best of luck to him in whatever he does next.

A good interview hopefully he can put everything behind him & get back to making good comics.

Incredible Member

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...omics-project/

So apparently the guy is completely full of S@#$ and an absolutely terrible person. I hope CBR responds to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

So apparently the guy is completely full of S@#$ and an absolutely terrible person. I hope CBR responds to this.
    You can't just read an article & claim it as fact, it may be true but if it is true why is this only coming from his ex-wife & not other people he has apparently abused? The whole tone of her post seems off to me, I couldn't condemn someone based on the article you linked to, the source is questionable at best I'd need to hear something from a more credible source.

It doesn't sound like he's done anything worse than we already heard, except the new charge of not paying his child support yet. If he isn't in jail, he needs to be a productive member of society. As you go about your day, employees who serve you at stores could at any point be a murderer or sex offender and you wouldn't even know. People need to have jobs. Like, if he applied to work at a McDonalds, would they get this same letter?

Incredible Member

Victim blaming 101.

Victim blaming 101.
    Then what should he do, never get a job again? Maybe he is the biggest piece of crap to ever stroll shit city. But if he isn't in jail and he isn;t a rapist, murderer, or child molester, I don;t really care what job he does. People need jobs. Drawing pictures for comics is a far cry from a job like cop or social worker, where your sterling reputation is paramount to your job being done properly.
    And if he ever winds up serving jail time for something he has been accused of, I'll say he had it coming. But until then, a man's gotta eat.

BANNED

Well he is a comic artist has he drawn anything yet for money or does his work a minimum wage job in his free time sure if he was rich and not paying his child support I could see the point but if you dont have money to pay then u dont have money to pay.

to adress some points.

1) Delaware Child Abuse Case: If it is true seems weird she didnt mention this earlier. Also all we got is a decription of one fight, she didnt cover sexual abuse last time. Or him being a chronic drunk.
    2) Money made from Rat Queens yeah I dont think he is raking in massive sums that what 1 year 2 years later he still has a lot of cash to be hiding from child support. Also i dont think trying to stop him from working at all in comics is likely to help him pay child support either.
    3) Weibe never mentioned anything about it being Roc's Fault that delays occurred not to mention Roc is gone and the comic is still crippled by delay troubles so that is probably the easiest thing to debunk. Not to mention most Image Comics are hardly comics that come out every month like the Big 2

Reading more lets assume he takes her suggestion....Burger King at minimum wage is no way enough to pay 500 in child support every month. Even if he didnt have to spend any money on himself. 40 hours a week at 7.25 an hour is only 290.
    Last edited by JaggedFel; 11-02-2015 at 09:00 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    3) Weibe never mentioned anything about it being Roc's Fault that delays occurred not to mention Roc is gone and the comic is still crippled by delay troubles so that is probably the easiest thing to debunk. Not to mention most Image Comics are hardly comics that come out every month like the Big 2
    I don't think those details debunk anything. Weibe could have not said anything because a) he wasn't aware or b) he didn't want to throw his collaborator under a bus. And with the current delays, a) they could be caused by the scramble to find replacement artists and b) like you say, plenty of artists are late so it's hardly a stretch of probability that both Upchurch and his replacements would be.