BANNED

Default So is Web Warriors gonna be a book that just doesn't link up with Spider-Gwen's book at all?

i have to wonder where she finds the time to fight electro across the different worlds

A single issue could cover a day or less, so it shouldn't currently be a problem.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

If you mean that there's gonna be little to no reference to the events of WW in SG, then I would say yes.

Spider-Verse probably will be a miniseries.

BANNED

i see it being an out of continuity book then that just keeps to itself and doesn't really affect anything

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Saga View Post
    Spider-Verse probably will be a miniseries.
    It is, but Web Warriors is an ongoing sequel to the mini, so any timeline confusion between that and Spider-Gwen might be a regular thing for both books. Things might be cleared up depending on the arcs.

My hope is that never the twain shall meet. I have nothing against Web Warriors - except the name; yuck - and in fact I find the premise kind of cool. But I have a limited budget and one of the reasons why Spider-Gwen appeals so much to me is its self-contained nature. Obviously I think the premise is fun and the costume is great, but like the other Marvel comics I tend to buy, I like that reading it doesn't require me to read a bunch of other stuff - not because I don't want to read a bunch of other stuff, but because I just can't afford it.

Further, I do think that Gwen's status as reality-hopper tends to run contrary to the very gritty, street-level tone we've been getting so far in her eponymous series. So yeah, I hope that her WW appearances are barely if ever referenced when I'm reading about her and the Mary Janes.

-Pav, who DOES want Spider-Gwen to cross over with Bandette from Monkeybrain comics...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I honestly hope that her name being in the solicits (and cover) is to try and get the book to sell but rather she has a small role in the book. I want Spider-UK and Anya to be the stars of the book (as Spider-Verse set it up) while the rest of the cast rotates depending on the story. I don't mind Gwen in this (after all, how is Wolverine/Spider-Man/Batman in many teams and books at the same time is a comic book thing).

Yeah, don't mind Spider-Gwen being the lead on this book as well. Spider-Verse is basically forever associated with her popularity considering the book she debuted in (Edge of Spider-Verse #2), and Web Warriors is the continuation of that storyline. It's like Amazing Fantasy and Journey into Mystery will be forever associated with Spidey and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by CZor View Post
    I honestly hope that her name being in the solicits (and cover) is to try and get the book to sell but rather she has a small role in the book. I want Spider-UK and Anya to be the stars of the book (as Spider-Verse set it up) while the rest of the cast rotates depending on the story. I don't mind Gwen in this (after all, how is Wolverine/Spider-Man/Batman in many teams and books at the same time is a comic book thing).
    All of this.

I hope this book won't be like the current Spider-Verse and put all the focus on Gwen.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm sure that they may cross over at some point or have references of what happens between each book.

Spider-UK and Anya should be the stars but I understand using Gwen to draw readers into a new series as she's the hot new thing.

-

Latest issue split focus between Gwen and Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    All of this.

I hope this book won't be like the current Spider-Verse and put all the focus on Gwen.
    Also I want Punk and Sp///dr to have a role (even if is a guest appearance)