Super Moderator

Default Tom King Hasn't Decided if DC's "Omega Men" Are Good or Bad Guys

King tells CBR definitively that Kyle Rayner is the main character of "Omega Men," and shares Tony Cypress art retelling the hero's iconic origin story.

Full article here.

Incredible Member

This is the only DC book I'm reading at the moment, and it is so good! I need to jump on Grayson given how good Tom King is.

BANNED

:*)

Tears of Joy.

Shouldn't this be in the DC forum, or at least not in the TV/Film forum?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Shouldn't this be in the DC forum, or at least not in the TV/Film forum?
    Considering how the current volume of Omega Men was created basically as a way for DC to have their own "Guardians of the Galaxy" rip off, it's ironic that this topic ended in the TV/Film forum.

And honestly, very soon it will be nowhere at all. The second issue sold 17,093 units. The second issue. This will fall down to 6.000 units sold and be cancelled before we're at issue 6.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Considering how the current volume of Omega Men was created basically as a way for DC to have their own "Guardians of the Galaxy" rip off, it's ironic that this topic ended in the TV/Film forum.

And honestly, very soon it will be nowhere at all. The second issue sold 17,093 units. The second issue. This will fall down to 6.000 units sold and be cancelled before we're at issue 6.
    It's my great fear that this book doesn't find its audience. For me, it's my favorite book DC is currently publishes. Hopefully word-of-mouth will continue to spread about how great & special this title is. I tell everybody about, and my retailer loves it too and talks up everybody to give it a shot.

Plus as one of the relatively few titles at DC that the Twitters genuinely love, I imagine DC will stand by it for awhile.

Worst case scenario? King has some room on his schedule and relaunches Legion of Superheroes, with which I bet he can work wonders.

BANNED

They can always cancel the series with #6 and relaunch volume 2 with a brand new ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT ALL DCYOU Omega Men #1.

Spectacular Member

tom king gives a great interview

I can't decide if this book or Grayson are my favourite DC books at the moment. All I know is, I want to shake Tom King's hand.

Omega Men is by far one of DCs best comics right now. I wish the sales were a bit higher, but you have to expect a big drop off from #1 to #2 (like most comics). I think it will stabilize around 17k, which should make it safe. Who knows maybe it catch on and sales will start trending up.

Also I'm pretty sure I read in another interview that King said DC was committed to 12 issues, makes sense if he has something big planned, maybe it is the start of next years event?

I was only vaguely aware of this title's existence until this interview, and now I want to buy it.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Rip off? This thing is miles above the creatively bankrupt Guardians of the Galaxy

It's already guaranteed 12 issues.