Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSontaran View Post

And personally, I wouldn't mind if they built up Zsasz into a smarter character than he is to make him more of a threat. He seems like more of a spree killer whenever they do show him rather than someone who fits the typical serial killer mold. Having him as a charming and sadistic character would be a definite change of pace (though admittedly perhaps too out of character for him).
    I hope you read the Last Arkham, his first app arc in Shadow. He's supposed to be very smart & charming....he charmed and warped Jeremiah Arkham's mind. Sadistic (as a motivation) might be out of character for him since he dedicated himself to "liberating" others ("zombies") from their pointless existence (though that has not stopped him from making bloody messes of his victims). (I tend to think he might be sadistic, but doesn't quite realize it or own up to it)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I hope you read the Last Arkham, his first app arc in Shadow. He's supposed to be very smart & charming....he charmed and warped Jeremiah Arkham's mind. Sadistic (as a motivation) might be out of character for him since he dedicated himself to "liberating" others ("zombies") from their pointless existence (though that has not stopped him from making bloody messes of his victims). (I tend to think he might be sadistic, but doesn't quite realize it or own up to it)
    I haven't read that yet, but I'll try to find it. Is it in current continuity?

*edit Oh wait you said Shadow of the Bat, sorry. That's in pre flashpoint continuity so I can definitely locate that. Probably for fairly cheap.
    Last edited by TheSontaran; 08-24-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSontaran View Post
    I haven't read that yet, but I'll try to find it. Is it in current continuity?
    I think it presumably is in current continuity. No story invalidating it. Continuity or not, it's the best Zsasz story and should be read by any Zsasz fans.

Note though that "The Last Arkham" SOTB 1-4 (in an old tpb) isn't Zsasz's origin tale despite being his first app arc, his origin tale is in Batman Chronicles #3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Zsasz
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't see how on earth it could ever be done without Batman calling in like Superman or the Justice League and still win, but I've been fascinated for a while now by the idea of Batman versus a kaiju (giant Godzilla-type monster) for a while now. Batman must save the city from something that can literally just tear it down building by building. But like I said, figuring out how to have Batman face off against such a thing is the big problem.
    Sort of like what's going on in Detective Comics #43 and #44?

Last edited by MajorHoy; 08-24-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: adding image

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sort of like what's going on in Detective Comics #43 and #44?

That's a mecha, completely different from a kaiju.

That said, I'm so collecting the Jim Gordon Batman arc when it becomes a trade paperback.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's a mecha, completely different from a kaiju.

That said, I'm so collecting the Jim Gordon Batman arc when it becomes a trade paperback.
    So . . . you segregate your giant robots?

The thing is, Batman already has more than a few hidden jewels in his illustrious rogues gallery. For an example, I would very much be intrigued behind someone revitalizing Dr. Tzin Tzin. He always struck me as someone who theoretically should be a major force for Batman to contend with. But as already mentioned, I think it would be interesting to see Batman mix it up with various super villains outside his rogues gallery like Vandal Savage, Black Manta, Constantine Drakon, Dr. Psycho, Tobias Whale, etc.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd like to see a The Batman/Jackie Chan Adventures crossover, but not necessarily restricted to the same art style as the shows. The basic story would be one of Batman's enemies goes to San Francisco to steal an ancient artifact for dark magical intent, and Batman follows along to stop his enemy. The Gotham rogue crosses paths with the Dark Hand trio who are also trying to steal the same artifact and eventually meets up with Valmont and Shendu. Batman himself meets up and teams with Jackie Chan, Jade, Uncle, and Tohru to stop the villain team-up. Batman also ends up using talismans at some point.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    I'd like to see a The Batman/Jackie Chan Adventures crossover, but not necessarily restricted to the same art style as the shows. The basic story would be one of Batman's enemies goes to San Francisco to steal an ancient artifact for dark magical intent, and Batman follows along to stop his enemy. The Gotham rogue crosses paths with the Dark Hand trio who are also trying to steal the same artifact and eventually meets up with Valmont and Shendu. Batman himself meets up and teams with Jackie Chan, Jade, Uncle, and Tohru to stop the villain team-up. Batman also ends up using talismans at some point.
    I would watch this soooo hard. I love that show and miss it dearly.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Wasn't that Forever Evil: Arkham War mess (especially the Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman vs. Bane follow-up) more than enough Bane-guano for a while?

This mini should have been the end of Tomasi getting any Batman work. What a mess

So . . . you segregate your giant robots?
    Giant monster =/= giant robots, although I love them both. But it isn't the same thing. Some intelligent force, human or alien, is always behind a mecha. Some villain is in control. And with giant robots there's the desire to put Batman in power armor (which Gordon's Batman does). Kaiju is a force of nature like an asteroid strike, while mecha is like a nuke. Sure in the end similar power is unleashed, but the feel is different.

Incredible Member

Black Manta-basically Batman of the ocean in some respects. Like the Dark Knight who became a crime fighter after the deaths of his parents. Manta became the villain after Aquaman killed his dad. Like the Batman a bit of a plotter and planner, has his vehicles ,and gadgets he's synominous for. Would be awesome to see the Dark Knight go up against the Black Knight of the seas.

Owlman-I was hoping with the Crime Syndicate's analogue of Batman would be causing more trouble for Bruce Wayne now that he's stuck on Earth Prime. Outside of the animated Brave & The Bold and the throwdown in JL:Crisis On Two Earths Bruce and Thomas Wayne Jr. match wits with one another. Also in the course of FOREVER EVIL, doesn't Owlman basically run the criminal underworld in the continental U.S ? One would think he's be in Bat's crosshairs.

Mad Monk-I wasn't all to happy with Matt Wagner's take on one of the Dark Knight's earliest foes in the mini-series BATMAN & THE MAD MONK where'd Wagner played coy on whether or not the Mad Monk was in fact ,a vampire. Wouldn't mind going for broke the cult leader being one of the undead.
    Last edited by The One and Only; 09-02-2015 at 06:03 PM.

Amazing Member

Spider-Man

Toyman, Dr. Psycho, Murmur, A member of Sinestro Corp

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    This mini should have been the end of Tomasi getting any Batman work. What a mess
    It certainly wasn't good, but I also thought it had "editorially mandated rush job" printed all over it. Tomasi IMO generally has a pretty good grip on Batman and his world, at least when he's not interrupted by various crossovers.

As for villains I'd love to see Batman fight; Francis Begbie! He's one of those characters that you want to see punched in the face repeatedly so badly, but he'd also bring something new to Batman's traditional fisticuffs. Joker goes toe-to-toe against Batman because he loves being severely beaten by his ultimate nemesis, Two-Face and Penguin does it out of desperation and burning hatred, Bane out of machismo honor-culture... Begbie would do it just because he's such a damn twisted bastard who gets off on kicking people in the nuts, and doesn't care if he's up against a bespectacled nerd stereotype or a damn body builder.