Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default The Flaw in Everything - Karnak Appreciation

Karnak

Karnak is a member of the Inhuman race, one of those who form the Inhuman Royal Family. He is cousin to Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans, and brother to Triton. Karnak use's his ability to find the weak point in any person, plan, object and just about everything to aid his family and more importantly the Inhuman race. Thus, he is usually in the position of most trusted advisor to the throne, strategist on the battle field, and even as adapt tinker/inventor to the Inhumans. He also serves as a priest and philosopher. Though his roles are many he carries the responsibility with the upmost of grace that is rarely seen from many in the marvel universe.

Recently, in the pages of Inhumanity Karnak predicted a series of events that will soon befall his people. Realizing for his people to survive the initial hardship he personally had to be removed from the equation the noble Inhuman seemingly sacrificed himself for the sake of his people.

Later in the pages of Inhumans we would find out that Karnak believes he is stuck in a strange Hell. Seeking a way to escape this hell Karnak finds a door. After an initial struggle Karnak uses his ability to see the weakness in all things to kick through the door revealing it to be in Inhuman Lineage chest. Now Karnak's back and has reclaimed his position on the Royal council. What's in store next for the Inhuman Karnak is yet to be seen but with Warren Ellis writing Karnak's first solo series it's safe to say we are in for a big treat!

Welcome to the Karnak Appreciation Thread!!!
    Last edited by Trident; 08-23-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Never cared for the character but I'm very intrigued by his upcoming solo series and what Ellis will do with him.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Incredible Member

I can't wait for this titles to see what Warren Ellis will do with the character. This is the only Inhuman book I am interested in.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Details: Kanak's never gone through the Terrigen Mists, his power of finding the weakness in everything comes from his mastery in martial arts. In the UU he undergone Terrigenesis and had the gift of shooting laser from his eyes.

someone sell me on this solo ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

What interests me most about the solo book is that Karnak, for all intents and purposes, literally went through hell and back. I think that event is going to set the stage for a truly dark version of the character that we have never seen before. This is a great time to be an Inhumans fan!!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    someone sell me on this solo ?
    Warren Ellis is writing it.
    And now Warren Ellis only write if he thinks he has something to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Never cared for the character but I'm very intrigued by his upcoming solo series and what Ellis will do with him.
    This...

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

I wonder what the Zen Gunner is. A NuHuman? A Mutant? A Science Freak? Sound like he has powers for sure.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    I wonder what the Zen Gunner is. A NuHuman? A Mutant? A Science Freak? Sound like he has powers for sure.
    Apparently "using the air as a weapon"...

Hmmm. Could 'he' somehow be the catalyst for the Inhuman-Mutant disagreement?
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post

I thinks this is a possibility. Maybe something to do with controlling the T-Most thought the air. Or it could be simple Airbender like powers. Maybe even would air constructs . Maybe this powers are more linked to his name than we think here.....

Either way I'm excited that Karnak is getting his first Rogue! Hope there are many more to come down the road!

BANNED

A Metal Gear Solid villain?

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I will certainly add the others as I come across them. We Royal Family advocates have to stick together on CBR. With Complexers going to complex unity between fans would be a nice change of pace.

Initially... I would much rather Karnak go it totally solo. There is a lot of ground that Karnak needs to cover just to get people initially on board to keep the series going. But after a few(5-6) issues I would love to see Auran teaming up with Karnak. She was such a cool character and her powers could play very well with Karnaks ability. Another character I would like to see would be Dewoz. Out the Young Inhumans he was the one of the few that I really enjoyed. It would be cool to see him return and it would give Karnak an a way to get around without every Royal Family member being tied to Lockjaw.

This is a quality I absolutely love about Karnak. His intuitive nature about things combined with his weakness detection skill is such an interesting quality. It even puts inline if not a head of some of the top mind in the MU in terms of tactics/strategy .

Like here with Hank Pym:
    [IMG]

Pym was constantly one step behind Karnak and it seemed as if Pym's well know insecurities was highlighted here with him trying his hardest to protect his ego.
    No doubt! And that makes sense. I agree that he should start out purely solo, but team-ups are bound to happen eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post

It also says that he's in a warehouse full of enemy "agents." There are only so many villains with lackeys described as agents. Hydra or AIM, perhaps? With the name Zen Gunner, I can't help but be reminded of Zenpool, but I can't imagine that's the case. My guess is he's a mutate intentionally enhanced by Hydra or AIM.

edit: I posted that without really considering the "air as a weapon" aspect. It's a bit implausible for that to be an engineered ability, so I'm going to go with evil NuHuman. Also, Hydra has been shown gathering NuHumans, so I'm going to also go ahead and say that Hydra is at work here, and Coulson has Karnak investigating whatever plans Hydra has with the NuHumans they're rounding up.
    Last edited by idisestablish; 08-24-2015 at 12:52 PM.