Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Flaw in Everything - Karnak Appreciation

Karnak

Karnak is a member of the Inhuman race, one of those who form the Inhuman Royal Family. He is cousin to Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans, and brother to Triton. Karnak use's his ability to find the weak point in any person, plan, object and just about everything to aid his family and more importantly the Inhuman race. Thus, he is usually in the position of most trusted advisor to the throne, strategist on the battle field, and even as adapt tinker/inventor to the Inhumans. He also serves as a priest and philosopher. Though his roles are many he carries the responsibility with the upmost of grace that is rarely seen from many in the marvel universe.

Recently, in the pages of Inhumanity Karnak predicted a series of events that will soon befall his people. Realizing for his people to survive the initial hardship he personally had to be removed from the equation the noble Inhuman seemingly sacrificed himself for the sake of his people.

Later in the pages of Inhumans we would find out that Karnak believes he is stuck in a strange Hell. Seeking a way to escape this hell Karnak finds a door. After an initial struggle Karnak uses his ability to see the weakness in all things to kick through the door revealing it to be in Inhuman Lineage chest. Now Karnak's back and has reclaimed his position on the Royal council. What's in store next for the Inhuman Karnak is yet to be seen but with Warren Ellis writing Karnak's first solo series it's safe to say we are in for a big treat!

Welcome to the Karnak Appreciation Thread!!!
    Last edited by Trident; 08-23-2015 at 03:08 PM.

Never cared for the character but I'm very intrigued by his upcoming solo series and what Ellis will do with him.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Incredible Member

I can't wait for this titles to see what Warren Ellis will do with the character. This is the only Inhuman book I am interested in.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Details: Kanak's never gone through the Terrigen Mists, his power of finding the weakness in everything comes from his mastery in martial arts. In the UU he undergone Terrigenesis and had the gift of shooting laser from his eyes.

someone sell me on this solo ?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

What interests me most about the solo book is that Karnak, for all intents and purposes, literally went through hell and back. I think that event is going to set the stage for a truly dark version of the character that we have never seen before. This is a great time to be an Inhumans fan!!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    What interests me most about the solo book is that Karnak, for all intents and purposes, literally went through hell and back. I think that event is going to set the stage for a truly dark version of the character that we have never seen before. This is a great time to be an Inhumans fan!!
    This is big reason why I'm really excited for what Eillis be doing with the character. Karnak has always been interesting with to being a MMA junking and of course the incredible foresight his ability grants him. But the whole concept that he would commit succided to protect his people from essentially his involvement only to reject that choice is such a strong story point I want to read about . Not to mention the questions that come with the choice and who Karnak is as character:

What does sacrificing yourself and returning do to the mind?

Why was the "time" right for him to return?

What's it like caring a gift disguised as a curse?

What does life really mean for someone who could and would give it up at a moments notice?

These are the things I would like to see Ellis takle. Along with some high octane Kung-fu butt kicking!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Never cared for the character but I'm very intrigued by his upcoming solo series and what Ellis will do with him.
    Hopefully, Warren Ellis will be able to change yours and many others mind about Karnak. Would for Karnak to be at least a full year run. Be outstanding if it could go longer than that.
    Last edited by Trident; 08-21-2015 at 10:18 AM.

BANNED

Love the design for the New Costume/Uniform as well!

[URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/IronRand/media/Karnak/allnewalldifferentmarvel-karnak-138974_zpsudazejc9.jpgoriginal_zpsgzwzofi2.jpg.htm l][/

The old one will always hold a special place in my heart but this new design screams "Takes No Prisoners" and I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Love the design for the New Costume/Uniform as well!

The old one will always hold a special place in my heart but this new design screams "Takes No Prisoners" and I love that!
    I do like that more than the strange shell on his head. Until recently, I always thought that was a part of his terrigenesis.

I love the new design as well. I hope that down the line he incorporated the Attilan Rising helmet instead of his traditional one (assuming they return to that at some point). It really looked awesome!

ChBZNKR.jpg
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

One of my favorite comic panels from Inhuman:

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    someone sell me on this solo ?
    Warren Ellis is writing it.
    And now Warren Ellis only write if he thinks he has something to tell.

Niffleheim

His suicide was the craziest thing i saw on Marvel comic. Has there been another suicide like this in Marvel history?
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    His suicide was the craziest thing i saw on Marvel comic. Has there been another suicide like this in Marvel history?
    Only one that I can think of that comes somewhat close was "Jean Grey" in the Dark Phoniex Saga. But that was under entirely different circumstances and motives. And not nearly as WTF as this:

I remember being shocked, stunned, and amazed reading that. I think I literally paused for a minute before turning the page.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES: