Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Post Secret Wars, have the Xbooks now become as superfluously pointless as the Spiderman and Fantastic Four reboots?

After enduring a decade or so of the 1st Decimation, now we have to endure a 2nd Decimation, except that this time mutantkind has apparently been reduced to just a couple DOZEN* mutants rather than a couple HUNDRED the last time (but of course it was actually 250 or so)...

I'm exhausted, quite frankly. This is just all too much. So much for progress eh?

And with that small of a number, is there even still a point anymore? What is this, the Walking Dead?

* - Teen Scott, Teen Jean, Teen Henry, Teen Warren, Teen Bobby, Evan Sabah Nur, Oya, Laura, Ororo, Piotr, Illyana, Kurt, Adult Bobby, Forge, Old Man Logan, Erik, Betsy, Victor, Raven, Roberto, Doreen, Anne Marie (Rogue, for those who don't realize it), Pietro and Wanda (Fuck that retcon), Whirlwind, as of the last count...
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 08-21-2015 at 06:43 AM.

the only point i can see right now is being there for the x-men out of sheer defiance of marvel's scheme to wipe them all out.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

As long as they sell there's a point.

Though I do hate the new premise and forcing conflict with the Inhumans.

Funny how they were fine ignoring each other but now Mutants are in trouble out of nowhere due to the mists that were released a long time ago.

Regardless, I have decided on not buying any X-Titles for the foreseeable future. None of the books interest me and the casts aren't my cup of tea.

BANNED

Post Secret Wars, have the Xbooks now become as superfluously pointless as the Spiderman and Fantastic Four reboots?

Yes

I'm exhausted, quite frankly. This is just all too much. So much for progress eh?

Yes

And with that small of a number, is there even still a point anymore? What is this, the Walking Dead?

Yes

Pietro and Wanda (Fuck that retcon)

Yes

Fantastic Member

I am a little exhausted of the X-Men being on the brink of extinction again, though there's always the chance that the solicits/buzz stating as such are using typical "things will never be the same again!!!" hyperbole to a degree. After all, for things to be so dire for mutantkind to necessitate extreme status quo changing on its behalf there has to still be a good number of mutants to save, hopefully.

As far as in terms of the wider Marvel universe, the X-Men have always been sort of in their own world (at least as far as their central plots; the regularity of their interactions with non-X-characters is underestimated imo) so I don't know if that will really change much.

We should probably wait and see what the actual books are about and what the marvel universe is like before we freak out.

Solicits often use strong language to get people stirred up. Things may very well not be all that chaotic come October.

Oh and I know I'll be hated for this but I kinda like he xmen when they are "on the brink"- it helps them seem more hated and feared to me which is one of the main premises. Im sure I'd feel different if my favorite character was one of the ones done away with but that isn't the case so I'll consider myself lucky.
    Last edited by Grey; 08-21-2015 at 08:32 AM.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    We should probably wait and see what the actual books are about and what the marvel universe is like before we freak out.

Solicits often use strong language to get people stirred up. Things may very well not be all that chaotic come October.

Oh and I know I'll be hated for this but I kinda like he xmen when they are "on the brink"- it helps them seem more hated and feared to me which is one of the main premises. Im sure I'd feel different if my favorite character was one of the ones done away with but that isn't the case so I'll consider myself lucky.
    Outside of Bunn's Uncanny, they all look uniformly terrible and inconsequential.

I actually think Extraordinary looks solid and feels like a core X-men title. Uncanny feels like an X-Force book and Old Man Logan feels like a Wolverine book. So I don't see how they're more superflous now than they were before just because there are fewer of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I actually think Extraordinary looks solid and feels like a core X-men title. Uncanny feels like an X-Force book and Old Man Logan feels like a Wolverine book. So I don't see how they're more superflous now than they were before just because there are fewer of them.
    I agree with this.

they are all terrible books. i haven't read them yet, but they must be terrible because...reasons! Complex!

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    they are all terrible books. i haven't read them yet, but they must be terrible because...reasons! Complex!
    What's the point of having solicts then? Is it not to get people 'excited' for upcoming products/books?

I see something advertised that I don't like, well guess what? I ain't buying it. Am I suppose to bend over and take it from said company even though I've been a long time customer? Hell no.

I just find it ironic about how many people are complaining because people are complaining.

A lot of us don't like the direction and we're not going to buy it. We're voicing our displeasure on a PUBLIC internet message board.

If Marvel breaks records on this new direction of the X-books, good for them and the fans who buy it. However they won't be seeing a dime of my money until I see something that interests me with characters that I like.

I will continue to air my displeasure on a public message board.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Outside of Bunn's Uncanny, they all look uniformly terrible and inconsequential.
    This it's like Marvel went out of their way to make the line up awful.

"The line up is awful" generally means "my favorite is not accounted for". I've been guilty of it myself. Lots of Cyclops fans seem to be upset right now. Relax, guys. He will show up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    This it's like Marvel went out of their way to make the line up awful.
    Marvel went all out. they hired writers and artists known to be 'bad' in the hopes that no one would buy X-Men comics. because...profit?

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Marvel went all out. they hired writers and artists known to be 'bad' in the hopes that no one would buy X-Men comics. because...profit?
    It's a slow phase-out. These X-Men titles will slowly drop away as they drop down the charts. Then more "popular" X-Men characters will start appearing in new titles tied to MCU properties.

If it was possible, Marvel would certainly want an Inhuman book, or Avengers book, or Guardians book taking up the same spot on the charts as an X-Men book. And if they think they can do it, they will try. And they are.