Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Captain America: White #1

• From his re-awakening in the present day to his days on the battlefield during World War II, follow CAPTAIN AMERICA as he recalls a special mission during THE BIG ONE![br]• It's 1941 and the HOWLING COMMANDOS are just looking to kick back and relax....[br]• But CAP and BUCKY are about to make their night a whole lot worse![br]• The EISNER AWARD-WINNING team of JEPH LOEB and TIM SALE reunite to tell a shocking story of CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY![br]• Extra-sized issue featuring CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #0

Full preview here.

Man, I had been thinking that story with WWII-era Cap might be the thing to get me back into the character after the mess Marvel has made of Steve ever since Marvel NOW!, but the art in those sample pages really doesn't look quite right. (And why is the last page of the preview a page with Ms. Marvel and the Inhumans?!? What does that have to do with anything, or is it a bizarre, misplaced variant?)

I'm assuming that was something Marvel did because Comic Vine also has it.
    (http://www.comicvine.com/articles/pr...1/1100-153314/)

Way to disappoint me, Marvel.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (And why is the last page of the preview a page with Ms. Marvel and the Inhumans?!? What does that have to do with anything, or is it a bizarre, misplaced variant?)
    As the URL of your comicvine link indicates, "4760063-captain_america_white_1_campbell_inhumans_50th_ann iversary_variant.jpg" it is indeed the 50th Anniversary Inhuman variant cover by Campbell. I hope this clears your confusion.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    As the URL of your comicvine link indicates, "4760063-captain_america_white_1_campbell_inhumans_50th_ann iversary_variant.jpg" it is indeed the 50th Anniversary Inhuman variant cover by Campbell. I hope this clears your confusion.
    Is it just me, or do you think a variant cover for one title that is celebrating the anniversary of a different character or a different group should have included the character who is in the book the variant is appearing onl? (Or is that just crazy talk?)

"You okay, Steve?"
    And everyone has this face --> (´・益・`*)
    What in the world?! hee heeeh
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Who in their right mind would ask J. Scott Campbell to draw Kamala Khan ... ?

I'm sorry I had to look at that.

it looks like Hank crushed Steve's err... pelvic area in that page. Other than that I'm in! I love Tim Sale's art (I even like his Joker).

The art...my eyes...can't...can't take the pain...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Is it just me, or do you think a variant cover for one title that is celebrating the anniversary of a different character or a different group should have included the character who is in the book the variant is appearing onl?
    Well, ever since it started with Marve's 50 Years of Fantastic Four variant covers, the title character(s) didn't have to appear. It's just part of the company's cross-promotion.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Well, ever since it started with Marve's 50 Years of Fantastic Four variant covers, the title character(s) didn't have to appear. It's just part of the company's cross-promotion.
    At least when DC does anniversary variant covers honoring other characters, usually there's at least some sort of nod to the character the book is actually about. Like with next month's Green Lantern 75th Anniversary variant covers:

Detective Comics (which stars Batman)

Black Canary

Catwoman

I'm really looking forward to this comic.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Catwoman
    Pretty neat picture.

Fantastic Member Iluvitloud1976's Avatar

yeah, this is definitely going on my wish list. I love Loeb & Sale's "color" books. Tim Sale's art is always seamlessly awesome too.
    ".......he's wrong, we're not wearing costumes" -Leonardo, 1984