Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

And now, at long last, the question we have long been wondering has finally been answered: Clark does, in fact, have a big penis.
    Ho, and also Lois makes the decision....to keep Clark's double identity a secret. Which is interesting, considering that we know she won't, so I guess something will happen and change her mind.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    And now, at long last, the question we have long been wondering has finally been answered: Clark does, in fact, have a big penis.

Universally consistent.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post

Universally consistent.
    Yeah, I didn't exactly had doubts. Goes with the whole "manly attractive hero" archetype.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Very, very nice. Really appreciate this heartfelt time for the Lois and Clark, it's the first we've had in a long time, and probably the strongest emotional panels of them since the reboot. And of course it manages to make the circumstances behind the article even more intriguing, as we see a Lois intent on keeping his secret here, as most people would consider quite in character. So what changes? Still think it has to be a situation where not publishing the article would quite literally cost Clark his life.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Very, very nice. Really appreciate this heartfelt time for the Lois and Clark, it's the first we've had in a long time, and probably the strongest emotional panels of them since the reboot.
    I disagree. I thought Lois and Clark had two powerful emotional scenes during the two times she was infected by psionic power: Psi-War and Doomed.

Lois, no. Stay with me! What a wild afternoon. I was in everybody’s heads! So many…so many stories…beautiful stories…in this city…! You’re not going anywhere, Lois. Listen to me. Listen to my voice! Your voice…Clark’s voice…never realized ‘til now…the same…Does that make me…a lousy reporter…? No, Lois. You’re a brilliant reporter…but more than that…you are what you’ve always been…my best friend. – Superman v3 #24

They shared some emotional moments in "Unchained" as well.

And of course it manages to make the circumstances behind the article even more intriguing, as we see a Lois intent on keeping his secret here, as most people would consider quite in character. So what changes? Still think it has to be a situation where not publishing the article would quite literally cost Clark his life.
    I'd be inclined to agree if the post-reveal plots had been handled differently. I have a hard time reconciling Lois' regret in the FCBD "Divergence" issue and the distance between Lois and Clark in Batman/Superman with the idea that Lois only did what she did to save Clark's life.

Extraordinary Member

Interesting double standard from the girl with the glasses.

Nice to see that moment between Lois and Clark.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I'm less optimistic now that this issue will answer the only question from this arc that even matters. Time will tell...

BANNED

Yang's writing and Romita's art just keeps improving. I quite simply love Yang's dialogue. Really, even as a SM/WW fan I can let pass this scene since Clark said that Diana...

Wait.

Beef bourguignon.

BEEF BOURGUIGNON?

But seriously. I love Yang's writing but I agree with DochaDocha. It's starting to drag.

Clark's talking about Diana was a little puzzling too, "She's a true...". Love? Heroine? Soulmate? Friend?

Aaaaand. Lois didn't show interest in Clark until she discovered he was Supes. I'm not going to let this pass. Sorry. Beef bourguignon. Pshh.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 08-21-2015 at 10:27 PM.

BANNED

Really enjoyed the preview. I'll definitely pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    Aaaaand. Lois didn't show interest in Clark until she discovered he was Supes. I'm not going to let this pass. Sorry. Beef bourguignon. Pshh.
    That's not true. First, Lois is explicitly saying that she's not interested in Clark/Superman in that way at present; she even notes that she does have a boyfriend. Second, Lois says here that she almost fell in love with him, and she's speaking about her previous strong feelings for Clark Kent that she never got to explore because he was secretive and distant in ways that got even worse after Morgan Edge took over, Clark quit the newspaper in protest, and he started dating Diana. In fact, considering the flashback to Morrison's Action Comics, as well as several callbacks in the dialogue, I'm almost certain Yang is referencing this moment--the moment where Lois and Clark missed their chance--from Action Comics #19. Right after this scene, Clark is shown reminding himself he can't get close to Lois because he'll have to lie to her for her protection and Lois is shown drowning her sorrows and meeting her current boyfriend, Jonathan Carroll:

I'm not sure what your deal is with the beef bourguignon, but I'm guessing you know it's a callback to a significant Lois/Clark bonding tradition in which it was used as code for sex and safety:

Superman v1 #297 | Superman v2 #153 | Kingdom Come

“Just in case you want to know what the Bronze Age writers were thinking: as one, I can tell you we thought that, in the comics, Kal-El and Lois first had sex as Clark and Lois (some fans have accurately described the “Boeuf Bourguignon” gag runner as a metaphor for spending the night together).”
    Martin Pasko, Bronze Age DC Writer
    Last edited by misslane; 08-22-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    That's not true. First, Lois is explicitly saying that she's not interested in Clark/Superman in that way at present; she even notes that she does have a boyfriend. Second, Lois says here that she almost fell in love with him, and she's speaking about her previous strong feelings for Clark Kent that she never got to explore because he was secretive and distant in ways that got even worse after Morgan Edge took over, Clark quit the newspaper in protest, and he started dating Diana. In fact, considering the flashback to Morrison's Action Comics, as well as several callbacks in the dialogue, I'm almost certain Yang is referencing this moment--the moment where Lois and Clark missed their chance--from Action Comics #19. Right after this scene, Clark is shown reminding himself he can't get close to Lois because he'll have to lie to her for her protection and Lois is shown drowning her sorrows and meeting her current boyfriend, Jonathan Carroll:

I'm not sure what your deal is with the beef bourguignon, but I'm guessing you know it's a callback to a significant Lois/Clark bonding tradition in which it was used as code for sex and safety:

Superman v1 #297 | Superman v2 #153 | Kingdom Come

“Just in case you want to know what the Bronze Age writers were thinking: as one, I can tell you we thought that, in the comics, Kal-El and Lois first had sex as Clark and Lois (some fans have accurately described the “Boeuf Bourguignon” gag runner as a metaphor for spending the night together).”
    Martin Pasko, Bronze Age DC Writer
    Yeah, Lois might be SAYING it but Kathy and I just finished watching the first season of ARROW (no spoilers please!) and I saw a lot of folks saying a lot of things about how they felt that turned out to be anything but true.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah, Lois might be SAYING it but Kathy and I just finished watching the first season of ARROW (no spoilers please!) and I saw a lot of folks saying a lot of things about how they felt that turned out to be anything but true.
    How is this relevant? Is Lois the same person as those people? Is she written by the same writers? Lois doesn't often lie. She's actually blunt to a fault. She wouldn't admit to feelings of that (love) sort if it weren't true, and if you think the part she's being untruthful about is the "almost" part, then I don't see why. Feelings need to be nurtured to be developed, and from Lois' perspective Clark curtailed their ability to cultivate anything more between them with his secrets and distance. I also have no reason to believe Lois is lying when she expresses commitment to her boyfriend, Jonathan. So I am quite confused by your statement here, especially what you're implying about Lois. Are you suggesting she's lying to herself about her true feelings and conveying those lies to Clark in this scene? Are you suggesting that Lois does know that deep down she either didn't have any feelings for Clark or was actually in love with him? Are you suggesting that she's not committed to her boyfriend? What do you feel her motivation for lying would be?

At this point everyone has seen Superman nude.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    At this point everyone has seen Superman nude.
    Except possibly Wonder Woman

Whoops, sorry, I forgot, she got to sneak a peek when he used his flare power. Thank goodness for new powers, eh Diana?