Daly

Default Did I spoil Afterlife With Archie? I was really interested, but...

...I was checking out the Wikipedia page to confirm the number of released issues, and I saw this:

Volume 1: Escape From Riverdale (Issues 1 - 5)
    After a car driven by Reggie kills Hot Dog, Jughead asks Sabrina to bring his beloved pet back to life. She does, but with terrible consequences: Hot Dog becomes a zombie, and kills Jughead, who himself rises as a zombie and spreads the contagion.

Volume 2: Betty: R.I.P. (Issues 6 - )
    Weeks after Archie and his friends left Riverdale, they are now following along the deserted highways of America trying to stay one step ahead of the growing horde of zombies made up of their friends and family.
    So, based on the above, I now know:

- Jughead dies.
    - The gang eventually escapes a zombie infested Riverdale.
    - Betty is dead or will die.

Do you guys think this will significantly compromise my enjoyment of the story?
    Last edited by Daly; 08-21-2015 at 09:04 PM.

By the time the next issue comes out, you would have forgotten.

But seriously, Jughead becomes a zombie in the first issue and the gang running from an infested Riverdale is inevitable. Basically, that's what you'd expect to happen. So that's not really spoiling it.

And Betty RIP is the title of that second storyline, so you would already be thinking Betty would be dead or die, whether she does or not.

So, I would say you're safe.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And Betty RIP is the title of that second storyline, so you would already be thinking Betty would be dead or die,
    Or becomes undead?

(Is that anything like the Un-cola?)

My enjoyment of the book had nothing to do with who dies or doesn't. Jughead was shown as a zombie in all the promotional materials, so that was pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Also where the hell is this book? I thought these books were getting back on track after serious delays, but that doesn't seem to be the case for Afterlife. I love the book but it's basically a quarterly title at this point.