View Poll Results: From what we know thus far, does the All-New All-Different Marvel Universe look like an improvement?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Almost everything is perfect with ANAD Marvel! So much better than the MU as it was before.

2 5.56%
  • It's a step in the right direction, but there's still some work to be done before it's perfect.

13 36.11%
  • I'm indifferent; ANAD Marvel doesn't seem that much N or D.

5 13.89%
  • The new Marvel Universe is disappointing; my pull list may shrink...

6 16.67%
  • ANAD Marvel looks pretty bad. My Marvel-reading days may be numbered!

7 19.44%
  • That's a hard question to answer; ANAD Marvel is a real mixed-bag.

3 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question From what we know thus far, does the ANAD Marvel Universe look like an improvement?

We've gotten a lot of new info about All-New All-Different Marvel as of late, as more and more creators are beginning to open up about their solicited series. There's been a little talk about how All-New and how All-Different the new Marvel Universe actually looks when compared to the MU as it was before, and I'm interested to see some stats on what people think in general!

Vote for the option closest to your feelings about the new Marvel Universe, and feel free to talk about specifics here, too!
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Ultimate Member

Kamala on an Avengers team, Monica and Carol/BP and Blue Marvel on an "Ultimate" team, Peter renewing his vows, new blood in the Inhumans, Sara Pichelli drawing Miles as Spiderman, Roberto leading his own Avengers squad, Storm leading the X-Men, X-23 taking over for (an overused) Wolverine, Gwen Stacy, Silk and Spider-Woman confirmed for new title runs, Sam and Jane bringing a fresh perspective to older books, A-Force ongoing written by G. Willow, Angela solo, Blade and Black Panther solos, Squirrel Girl getting more exposure and development, Pak and Cho on a new (and most likely Asian-American) Hulk... lots of potential in all of these ideas.

Downsides... lots of X-Men MIA so far and Sara Pichelli never did draw an issue of the all-female X-Men book that has yet to be confirmed as part of the new initiative (I think) which is a shame because it's one of the few titles I was collecting prior to the "reboot".
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-22-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Incredible Member

I'll be getting a lot less books than I used to, but the ones I will be reading look pretty good.

I think that is pretty much the same, but with Kamala being part of the Avengers, and Sunspot and Deadpool financing their own teams.

Well, I gotta say that it doesnt seem all that new or different so far. Some creative team changes, some new rosters, couple new costumes, fistfull of new series, some with changes to the status quo (or extensions thereof, such as with Avengers-AIM). Honestly, it reminds me a lot of Marvel's first NOW! initiative, and that was more noise and thunder than anything, but it dressed itself up as something more meaningful. I mean, there's certainly changes happening, and some of them are pretty big. But its not like the entire Marvel U is getting re-set back to day one or radically altered in the way DC typically reboots their universe. This just feels like relatively normal shake-up, but in a real pretty dress so it attracts attention.

That said, there are a lot of books Im interested in, and generally speaking I like the sound of the changes we're getting. I might finally read a Peter Parker who appeals to me (sorry traditionalists) and Ultimates sounds pitch perfect, from concept to roster to (especially) the creative team. Bit concerned about the fates of Dr. Doom and some of the X-Men but its not like any of them ever stay dead/missing for long.

Maybe Ive just been reading comics too long (over twenty years now) but I dont see much happening here (some, not a lot) that hasnt been done with less fanfare and hype. Some good looking changes, but this doesnt look like its going to redefine the MU forever, any more than Dark Avengers or Heroic Age changed things.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

the only thing missing is the Fantastic Four.

Niffleheim

It's a step in the right direction, but there's still some work to be done before it's perfect

Even though i've lost some of my favorite books/characters i'm resigned with the changes that had to happen but i'm also glad that Marvel offered other options to replace the other books that i used to follow.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

My issue with mainstream Marvel was never the stories themselves. There was some really top quality comics! My issue was with the endless stream of boring and convoluted 'events'. Ever since Fear Itself all the way up to Original Sin and AXIS, they've been underwhelming. Instead of keeping these stories where they contained (perhaps to Avengers comics, or two-title crossovers) they stretched them out and made them worthless. As a result, many comics were pulled into them that didn't need to be.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

For me it's a mixed bag in that they are throwing out a lot of the old iconic heroes and bringing in too many replacements that need work (as it takes more than a costume and a power set to make a hero) while the suggested stories for them are going in directions I may not be interested in and crossing the lines of too many titles rather than being more self contained. From my perspective, all new all different Marvel needs some kick ass stories right from the start to justify its existence or this will all have been a big mistake and the kind of waste of time that leaves lots of bitter fans not buying the comics anymore.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm going to be buying so many more books that I never would have bothered with outside of Inhumans and X-Men. So I think ANAD Marvel is a vast improvement, especially in terms of female and racial representation, now they just need to sort out the LGBT representation and they'd be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    My issue with mainstream Marvel was never the stories themselves. There was some really top quality comics! My issue was with the endless stream of boring and convoluted 'events'. Ever since Fear Itself all the way up to Original Sin and AXIS, they've been underwhelming. Instead of keeping these stories where they contained (perhaps to Avengers comics, or two-title crossovers) they stretched them out and made them worthless. As a result, many comics were pulled into them that didn't need to be.
    I completely agree here. And I'm enjoying Ant-Man as well.

BANNED

I'd say that as of right now, I'm DEFINITELY feelin' WAY more positive towards the ANADMU than the I was with the pre-SW 616. BUT, I'm gonna hold off voting just yet, 'cause I wanna still hear more about it. What's got me so psyched are A-Force as an ongoing, obvs, AN Inhumans, XtraO X-Men, & Wanda's first ever solo book, they are ALL absolute MUST-buys for me! I'm going to assume the reasons being, are self-explanatory.

Ultimates is lookin' that way too, due to Mon-Mon, BP, & the art/concept/rest of the cast. N.Avengers as well, just a lil' less so. I'm not quite as sold on it, so far, as I am the former. Songbird's return to a regular series is a HUGE draw though, and the concept+Wiccan, Sunspot, etc. certainly help also. That's 6 titles, the most I've been interested in & REALLY enthusiastic about in over... a friggin DECADE!

AND, I'm probably not done either, as that's likely not it! 'Cause there's at least 3 others that I'm strongly considering: Uncanny's X & IH, plus ANXM. UX holds the most pull right now, thanks to CBR's recent interview w/Cullen Bunn about it. It's still pretty much dependent on the rest of the cast reveals, BUT... if Polaris, is going to be a major part of it in ANY way, it'll skyrocket that sucker right to the top of my list next to A-Force & the others. Adding Namor would come close to doin' the same, just for the chemistry between him & Mags alone. Mr. Bunn himself, along with Psylocke, are undeniably pros also. F'n Fantomblech remains a BIG con tho, and almost a total deal-breaker. UIH has BB & 'Dusa of course, which is good, but it's the inclusion of HT Johnny Storm that has me really intrigued. The only reason ANXM's on my radar really, is teen Angel, and I've warmed to the concept just a lil' too I suppose.

Would be pushin' 10 if I DID end up adding those, PLUS there's more announcements to come I guess - HOLY! Still got some reservations though, Wasp, Invisible Woman, & Gambit all remain MIA, which bothers me to no end. Lorna & the Sub-Mariner have only been hinted at, so until there's actual confirmation regarding their fate, I'm still nervous for them. If really good things are affirmed for those 5 however, you can be sure that I'll be checkin' that "Almost Perfect" box. To be perfect, for me, would require the return of an adult Jean Grey. Other than that, I wouldn't have a thing to complain about. OMG, wait...

I forgot about Uncanny Avengers! It's got QUICKSILVER! Like w/Songbird, he alone almost makes me want to get it. Other favorables are Torch again, Rogue, Spidey, & that new character Psynapse, she has me curious. Bro VD's pretty OK too, but Deadpool's meh at most, just don't care 'bout him & never have. I'm not keen on Steve bein' old either, AT ALL, and the art leaves A LOT to be desired. Even so, I'd rank it just behind N.Avenge, and heading up the books Uncanny.

Oh, and lastly, Thor Odinson. He joins Lorna, Jan, Sue, Namor, & Remy, in the column of concern - don't F ANY of them over Marvel... PLEASE!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-22-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well most of my favorite characters are missing and there's more shuffling than replacing (X-23 as Wolverine, for example) but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I'm going to try way more books than I have been reading, and probably stick with some, so that's good.

Marvel really needed this shake-up, and the buzz it generates also revitalizes some interest in old readers, like me.

I don't expect all the new books/teams to be masterpieces. But the idea is to try them all out and see what sticks. I just hope Marvel actually stays the course and do support the series that stick.

Default It's a step in the right direction, but there's still some work to be done before it's perfect

As with all things, it's in flux. I don't necessarily think it's that "all new, all different" unless Marvel truly commit to this as the new status quo. We shall see. I'd be very impressed if they are backing away from their "main stayers" and truly giving new characters a time to shine. I'm losing Bendis off Uncanny X-men (which was my favourite comic of this and last year); that makes me sad. Fingers crossed one of the new comics grabs my attention and makes me love it completely.

PRO
    Storm leading the X-men outright
    Songbird joins the Avengers AS A LEADER!!!
    Wiccan, Hulkling and MAC all become Avengers
    Every X-team has an LGBT character (some two)

CON
    Emma Frost's MIA
    Radioactive Man pointlessly made a villain again
    No X-kids books
    STILL no gay or lesbian solo series

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'm going to be buying so many more books that I never would have bothered with outside of Inhumans and X-Men. So I think ANAD Marvel is a vast improvement, especially in terms of female and racial representation, now they just need to sort out the LGBT representation and they'd be golden.
    Quoted for truth!!! Marvel still won't commit to truly supporting this.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."