• Silver Sable

8 7.62%
  • Other

4 3.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Reply to PM from Darth that I found interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Dan Slott had said that Spider-Man shouldn't be dating a super heroine. Everyone has their opinion. But no one is saying they should have a romantic relationship. Spider-Man has dated heroines in the past.
    Strange in 616 I’m not sure that is true he has dated a heroine (Black Cat) but I don’t think he has dated others and before you ask no imo one date doesn’t count as dating.
    Ironic that Slott's against the idea of Peter in a relationship with a super heroine. Yet, it's ok for Spider-Man to be in a relationship with his own creations like Silk and Carlie Cooper(aka monster).
    One having read it Silk and Peter didn’t really date more like acted in heat which is a different kettle of fish. Two Peter didn’t date Carlie when she was Monster he dated her before and at the end of Goblin Nation she was cured and left New York.

I think that Slott has a one track view on super heroines who are not his creations. Which is why he decided to turn The Black Cat into a crime load.
    Possibly
    In addition, I think that Slott has way too much power over the direction of Spider-Man and his friends.
    He is the main writer for the book what exactly do you except.
    Also, he was against the idea of Peter and Carol dating in Brian Reed Ms. Marvel series. He went on record to say that if he had wrote the story where they were dating, he would have made one of them a Skrull.
    Proof please – not that it matters much because he didn’t write it.

All and all, I think that Spider-Man should date a super heroine like Jennifer Walters or Greer Grant because they have a lot in common with Peter Parker which could lead towards seeing a side of their character that has yet to tapped into.
    Like a broken record why last I knew Greer was happy with Hank Pym in a relationship and as for Jennifer your pitch only takes one side of the character Jennifer Walters is She Hulk and I don’t see it working.

And I feel that friendship comes way before a relationship. And I Tigra was in Spider-Man's world, it would be as a NYPD Crime Scene Investigator, of which she has a degree in Microbiology and is a trained Police Officer which would fit in well for Peter because he currently doesn't have an ally whose with the NYPD that he could trust.
    He is going gobal he doesn’t need one and fyi in the past he hasn’t need one so why would Greer fit in well with Peter providing a service that Peter has proven over the years he doesn’t need.

As for the Claws of the Cat series, you can find them on Ebay as thereare 4 issues in the series.
    Don’t use Ebay
    What make Greer Grant so special is the fact that she could have been Marvel's first anti-Catwoman. Instead, they allowed her to be made into a werecat rather than moving her into the pages of Spider-Man at that time.
    Or she could have been the first to be called a ripoff of catwoman and that could be why they went with the werecat option.
    Had Gerry Conway had moved The Cat over to the pages of ASM as Chris Claremont had done with bring over Longshot into the page of the X-Men, Tony Isabella(The creator of Tigra) might not have been able to turn Greer into Tigra.
    Ever think they was a reason why he didn’t.

I think that Marvel should get rid of the alternate .1 ASM series and just bring back Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man as well as Web of Spider-Man...
    Thank you for your input.
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 09-14-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Reply to PM from Darth that I found interesting

Strange in 616 I’m not sure that is true he has dated a heroine (Black Cat) but I don’t think he has dated others and before you ask no imo one date doesn’t count as dating.

One having read it Silk and Peter didn’t really date more like acted in heat which is a different kettle of fish. Two Peter didn’t date Carlie when she was Monster he dated her before and at the end of Goblin Nation she was cured and left New York.

Possibly

He is the main writer for the book what exactly do you except.

Proof please – not that it matters much because he didn’t write it.

Like a broken record why last I knew Greer was happy with Hank Pym in a relationship and as for Jennifer your pitch only takes one side of the character Jennifer Walters is She Hulk and I don’t see it working.

He is going gobal he doesn’t need one and fyi in the past he hasn’t need one so why would Greer fit in well with Peter providing a service that Peter has proven over the years he doesn’t need.

Don’t use Ebay

Or she could have been the first to be called a ripoff of catwoman and that could be why they went with the werecat option.
    Ever think they was a reason why he didn’t.

Thank you for your input.
    Greer was never a ripoff of Catwoman as she was an anti catwoman character whereby she was never a thief. Second, the main reason why there was only one date between Peter and Carol was because the succeeding writer KSD wasn't interested. Also, we do not know of the current status of Tigra's relationship with Hank Pym.

Like Spider-Woman(Finally), Greer has a place in Spider-Man's world by taking on the role of an NYPD Police Officer(CSI Division), a void left by Capt. Jean DeWolf, Carlie Cooper, and Captain Yuriko Watanabe. Unlike the previous three, Greer Grant provides a role that even the Black Cat current doesn't have with Spider-Man, which is she's the first heroine ally....

Greer was never a ripoff of Catwoman as she was an anti catwoman character whereby she was never a thief.
    oops my mistake

Second, the main reason why there was only one date between Peter and Carol was because the succeeding writer KSD wasn't interested.
    No the main reason is because KSD and Dan Slott wasn't interested don't be all about blaming KSD.

Also, we do not know of the current status of Tigra's relationship with Hank Pym.
    This is true we don't but last we saw it (which was Avengers Area I think maybe Undercover it was in good territory.

Like Spider-Woman(Finally),
    She appeared in Spider Verse and to the best of my knowledge hasn't appeared once since then

Greer has a place in Spider-Man's world by taking on the role of an NYPD Police Officer(CSI Division),
    You do realize that Spidey is Global now would you be happy if it was just Miles and she never interacted with Peter somehow I don't think so.

a void left by Capt. Jean DeWolf, Carlie Cooper, and Captain Yuriko Watanabe. Unlike the previous three, Greer Grant provides a role that even the Black Cat current doesn't have with Spider-Man, which is she's the first heroine ally....
    One IMO there is no void Peter hasn't, doesn't and wont need a police ally, is it helpful if there is one yes but it isn't needed
    Two its damaging to Tigra's character to be demoted to a sidekick like Robin or Bucky or Falcon which if I understand right is basically what you are calling for, Spidey doesn't need a sidekick, hasn't had one and wont because it will "age" him
    Last edited by VolcanikTiger86; 09-15-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    Truth is the best policy

Astonishing Member

One IMO there is no void Peter hasn't, doesn't and wont need a police ally, is it helpful if there is one yes but it isn't needed
    Two its damaging to Tigra's character to be demoted to a sidekick like Robin or Bucky or Falcon which if I understand right is basically what you are calling for, Spidey doesn't need a sidekick, hasn't had one and wont because it will "age" him
    First of all, Greer being in Spider-Man would not restrict her to being his sidekick because she an ally(with her invaluable Police inside information), like any other heroine whose friends with him. Second, Greer could be placed in Spider-Man's via ASM, Daredevil, Silk, Miles Morales, The Punisher, or Spider-Woman as an NYPD Crime Scene Investigator which fills the void where Carlie Cooper had left off, as well as Captain Jean DeWolf and Captain Stacy who were allies of Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-15-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Will go with Black Cat and MJ one for Spiderman and the other for Peter Parker. They are the 2 top love interests.

BANNED

MJ and Black Cat(in the past at least) but they are not even close to being good female representations of independent women without the hero to save them and oogle over.
    Last edited by jimishim12; 09-15-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Will go with Black Cat and MJ one for Spiderman and the other for Peter Parker. They are the 2 top love interests.
    To be honest, while Felicia DATED Spider-Man, she really had a relationship with Peter Parker. In time, she grew to love Peter Parker more than Spider-Man. This was in the pre-OMD timeline. Also, Peter has other potential love interests beside MJ and Felicia.

First of all, Greer being in Spider-Man would not restrict her to being his sidekick because she an ally(with her invaluable Police inside information), like any other heroine whose friends with him. Second, Greer could be placed in Spider-Man's via ASM, Daredevil, Silk, Miles Morales, The Punisher, or Spider-Woman as an NYPD Crime Scene Investigator which fills the void where Carlie Cooper had left off, as well as Captain Jean DeWolf and Captain Stacy who were allies of Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
    Ok but you are also ignoring my point that Peter doesn't need a police ally but I'm done arguing this with you.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

Peter doesn't need a police ally
    No, he doesn't. He needed all the ones he could find, back when he was almost an outlaw, but nowadays, having Avengers status an all…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    No, he doesn't. He needed all the ones he could find, back when he was almost an outlaw, but nowadays, having Avengers status an all…
    Sooner or later, Spider-Man will become a street level crime fighter once again. And what makes Greer special is that she fills a void left by Carlie Cooper and Captain Stacy whereby she's a Crime Scene Investigator with a background in DNA profiling(Microbiology). In addition, Greer could be featured in not only ASM, but in the pages of Silk, The Punisher, Spider-Woman, Daredevil, and Mile Morales: Spider-Man.

Also, Greer was Spider-Man first heroine crime fighting partner who was anti-catwoman. She provides the perfect contrast to The Black Cat.

BANNED

Sooner or later, Spider-Man will become a street level crime fighter once again.
    I'm betting much later.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I'm betting much later.
    And hopefully SOONER for the return of Felicia rather than this Caricature

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    And hopefully SOONER for the return of Felicia rather than this Caricature
    The sooner they write out that Black Cat mess, the better. It doesn't even make sense. I mean, yes it's within the realm of possibility for her to be the antagonist, but it's come at the cost of all of her character growth and her personality. There's no ambiguity to her character, she's just evil and hateful. Even when she was originally a villain, she still had principles. She might as well be someone other than the Black Cat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    The sooner they write out that Black Cat mess, the better. It doesn't even make sense. I mean, yes it's within the realm of possibility for her to be the antagonist, but it's come at the cost of all of her character growth and her personality. There's no ambiguity to her character, she's just evil and hateful. Even when she was originally a villain, she still had principles. She might as well be someone other than the Black Cat.
    Agreed with this. She is one of the best characters in the Spidey verse and they are ruining her.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    MJ and Black Cat(in the past at least) but they are not even close to being good female representations of independent women without the hero to save them and oogle over.
    Except that time MJ beat up Chameleon with a baseball bat. And when she shot Norman Osborn with a gun. And when she wore an Iron suit and zapped baddies like a pro in Civil War. And when she helped save NYC when she had spider-powers in Spider-Island. And when she saved her boyfriend Pedro with her webshooters during Goblin Nation.

Her alternate versions kick ass too. One version saved her daughter's teen boyfriend from a burning fire after just losing her husband and seeing his killer chase away her children and another version helped her husband and daughter beat down the egomaniac villain who was ruling their entire reality with a fist of tyranny. And of course, in at least two realities, she is Spider-Woman herself.