Incredible Member

Default What sticks after Truth ends?

How much of this storyline will stay after the whole story (Truth and however long the story goes for) is told? I figure Supes will have his suit and his powers back by March, in time for the movie, but what plot points are going to stay? How much of the world will know his ID? I figure Jimmy will, since Geoff Johns got him to know, but what about Lois? If they do start to date, I think she will continue to know, but what do y'all think? And what about Lex? He knows Batman's ID, but will he know Clark's?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    How much of this storyline will stay after the whole story (Truth and however long the story goes for) is told? I figure Supes will have his suit and his powers back by March, in time for the movie, but what plot points are going to stay? How much of the world will know his ID? I figure Jimmy will, since Geoff Johns got him to know, but what about Lois? If they do start to date, I think she will continue to know, but what do y'all think? And what about Lex? He knows Batman's ID, but will he know Clark's?
    This is off subject, but i hope SM doesn't start to date Lois!! SM should stay with WW as his girlfriend!!

BANNED

I like the Clark part of superman so I don't want him to just get another identity like he does in the Beyond Universe,and it's impossible to put this secret back in the bag,so a time whammy would probably have to happen.
    Jimmy and Lois should know btw

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Hopefully nothing.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think the secret ID will stay out for a year, perhaps 2. The powers and costume (or a version of the classic suit ) will return by the end of 2015. Beyond that, at some point the secret ID goes back in the bag. However I hope Lois, Jimmy and perhaps Perry all remain in on the secret at least.

The identity being public will stay quite a while, I'm guessing. His powers, suit, and hair will probably be back to normal by the new year. Kinda hoping his costume keeps the Fleischer S though.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-23-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The identity being public will stay quite a while, I'm guessing. His powers, suit, and hair will probably be back to normal by the new year. Kinda hoping his costume keeps the Fleischer S though.
    i wouldn't mind seeing that stick around either as a representation of the journey Clark undergoes as a result of this story. A redefined Clark (hopefully) and a redefined Superman.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

The powers are going to come back in dramatic fashion and the champion of the oppressed angle will hopefully stick around. Superman will be able to be his whole self to the entire world. His relationships with his supporting cast will be mended but they will change. Lois will be a foil and a sidekick/partner all rolled into one. Metallo will go back to being a full fledged villain. Luthor will betray the justice league (also in dramatic fashion) and Superman will say I told you so. He might go back to writing his blog too. The super blog: Stories about his take on his adventures and stories that highlights all of the injustices he's seen in the world, and stories about the veryday supermen and women who are making a difference.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I feel like he'll be treated as a very popular everyman, kinda like rocky is treated in his movies when he retires. He'll be the world's favorite superhero because he'll be approachable and folks will know he'll stick up for the average joe. He'll still be a very polarizing figure though. i bet there'll still be a lot of people who wont trust him and who hate his guts because of anti-alien/immigrant bigotry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    Hopefully nothing.
    at leas lois, jimmy and perry knowing the secret could stay.

would be pretty weird see this superman still up around bat v sup release

It wouldn't be weird at all. I expect him to be back in his costume and everything well before the movie, but its not going to be because of the movie. It'll be because the story naturally ended.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I feel like he'll be treated as a very popular everyman, kinda like rocky is treated in his movies when he retires. He'll be the world's favorite superhero because he'll be approachable and folks will know he'll stick up for the average joe. He'll still be a very polarizing figure though. i bet there'll still be a lot of people who wont trust him and who hate his guts because of anti-alien/immigrant bigotry.
    That would be a logical development for the character if the exposed secret identity stays a thing. I already kinda thought his interactions with Kentville has a bit of a Rocky feel to it (at least, the Rocky of Rocky Balboa): they clearly like and respect the man a great deal, but the interactions are casual and down to earth enough to keep him grounded.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Very little. Jimmy will still know, and hopefully Perry. I want a Lois who is smart enough to figure it out herself through the clues. Not seeing him shot by a laser and thinking "hmmm". Also, Lois shouldn't be an ******* about it. Lobdell's Lois (possibly under Brainiac's thrall) said she'd reveal it, and in Truth... well, we don't know the circumstances yet.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm hoping Lois will still know the truth even if the rest of the world forgets. I also kind of hope that this creates kind of a rift between the two for a while. I also agree with the power restoration by New Years. The real question is, how will the secret ID be restored? Magic? Maybe something involving the new Dr. Fate. That's the most interesting part of this.

That was my first thought, Fate would be involved (possibly Constantine). I loved how they undid Spider Man's reveal--the combination of super-tech and powerful magic--in this sort of world, that's the kind of things they'd try.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/