Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Switch

Id second (third?) a kickstarter.

Though i imagine the production and shipping is something of a ball ache for a small team.

Spectacular Member

it's not a matter of pride. kickstarters are notoriously difficult to do right for one, and then there it the bigger and harder to avoid issue. my country doesn't have crowdfunding covered by tax law.

no kickstarters, no patreons no gofundmes, nothing.

until that is resolved, my creator owned life comes down to stubborning my way through the pain and taking any chance to make a few more pages XD

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    it's not a matter of pride. kickstarters are notoriously difficult to do right for one, and then there it the bigger and harder to avoid issue. my country doesn't have crowdfunding covered by tax law.

no kickstarters, no patreons no gofundmes, nothing.

until that is resolved, my creator owned life comes down to stubborning my way through the pain and taking any chance to make a few more pages XD
    I had a feeling that you not being American was a big part of that.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

I've supported Kickstarters for people outside the U.S. Apparently, Croatia isn't on the list. I wonder how hard it is to co-Kickstart with an American partner.

Anyways, keep putting out what you can. I pretty much buy all your material.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children

Could you not have Top Cow run it?
    No idea how the logistics of that work though...

But yeah, id back it. Especially if commissions were a backer reward, eh Stjepan? *wink *wink *nudge * nudge

Dammit man, come to the UK sometime! :P
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 12-19-2016 at 08:59 AM.

When are you going to work on more switch?

Nebezial currently on it last 3 issues in february march and april on my deviantart

Nebezial today
    also, expecting to post switch issue 5 online this month

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Oh that's awesome. I'm actually going to be picking up Aquaman when he jumps on board.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

In 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    But In 2018
    Yesterday Sejic Twitter

no. the first storyarc was never finished. and at the moment i can't afford to do it on my own time

Nebezial now
    Is there any possibility for switch to make a return? Like if you don't feel like continue it and would rather focus on other projects, I understand and respect that, but is there any external forces that keeps you from continuing twitch as a Web comic?

real reason for switch being dead in the water: comic sales were abysmal and there was no way for me to justify it’s publishing.
    i am already doing a webcomic. working on a webcomic means i don’t get to see any profits till years later. during this time my options are starve or take on additional gigs and overwork myself to the point of destroying my health

i have done this before. i’d rather not do it again. in case any of my projects actually makes it big to the point where it can hard carry a project like switch, then yes i will finish the first storyarc at least and see if trade sales justify continuation. but until then i have to prioritize projects that pay the bills.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

For an aspiring comic book creator it's somewhat depressing to see that someone so skilled still has to struggle to pay the bills and doesn't get to be picky regarding what he works on at the moment.