Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    No more Grace. Although she dies fairly peacefully Mo hesitates and then there's a brief struggle with Walker Grace before Morgan puts her down.

Also Dwight/Sherry's son infection has returned so the 'cure' might not work.

Shrike locks Morgan in the train car with Grace's corpse and it looks like the next episode preview has him going nuts again. He's also reciting his "I don't die" catchphrase again.

Mo is sent to clear out a shipyard full of about a thousand walkers with the child soldiers, but only with melee weapons......

Next episode is the mid-season finale. There are some rumors that a character from the earlier seasons might return as well, might be the cliffhanger.
    7 and 8 year olds really are mature in the walking dead universe. This show is just beyond silly and minimally watchable. There was a brief period in time when this show surpassed the original, but once Morgan was introduced it became sooooo bad. They really did a disservice to this show and the character of Morgan.

Morgan left the show and the PADRE storyline concluded on the mid-season finale....although he's looking for Rick again so it's possible he'll show up in another spin-off. Also Dwight and Sherry are going their separate ways, the cure didn't work and Finch dies (No walker though like Grace).

So the last couple of episodes will feature the characters just created for this show (Madison, June) at least the surviving ones-Strand appears in the preview and the teaser seems to suggest somebody with Alicia's skeleton arm, sunglasses and a hammer. Generally I think it's been thought to be Troy, the psychotic son who worked at the survivalist ranch in season 3, who somehow survived getting struck with that same hammer.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got caught up on Fear TWD and am glad the PADRE storyline has concluded. It was just starting to feel like it had hung on too long so kudos for wrapping it up at mid-season. I did like the thematic bird nicknames for them. At one point I did think that June's radiation cure would not only work on Grace but put her cancer in remission again. As is it makes sense to send her out. However, the fact Mo couldn't calmly put her down and then the next few episodes has her out there as some experienced Carrion killer was a harsh character swing to accept. Eight, I'm to believe she is 8?! Acts like at least a 13yr old attitudinal youth.

Feel bad for Dwight and Sherry on a number of fronts.

Morgan's story to this point feels very bookended from the closing moments in TWD S1. He is a single father who has lost his wife, sending out messages in the way Rick did. I fully expect him to show up somewhere else in the years ahead.

I think the final arc with OG characters Madison and Daniel back in the limelight need to run across Victor. There was that one mention in episode 2 or 3 that know one knows what happened to him. Who has Alicia's arm?
    There are 6 episodes left so they can't get to off track. Not enough time to introduce someone brand new I'd think, at least and not expect to us to care about them or treat them as a justified threat.

Fall....summer only just started today on the calendar. Three+ month wait is ridiculous.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I always enjoy seeing Morgan, but it was really Dwight and Sherry who made the most out of their screentime in this batch of episodes.

Poor Grace, but at least she got an on-screen death. Will there be a flashback to Alicia's last days?

I also liked seeing Daniel, but they suffered from a severe lack of Strand.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    We see Jenny's mummy but Morgan also sees her in her walker form when using the rifle scope, which I think is just reused footage from Days Gone By (The first episode).
    That was new footage. In one of the specials, the actress talks about being asked to come back to the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Fall....summer only just started today on the calendar. Three+ month wait is ridiculous.
    That's why we have Dead City to fill the void.

Final arc has started. Victor's living under a new name in a hotel-based community (Slightly similar to the season 2 one). It's mentioned that he was with some other survivors who didn't trust him after the Tower stuff and they died, so presumably that's it for a few of the supporting cast members (Sarah, Wendell, Jacob etc). who haven't shown up as part of PADRE, asked to return etc. Sherry and June are still with PADRE though.

He's trying to redeem himself again but of course Madison shows up (Who he didn't know was alive) who is now being chased by Troy's group because her radio transmission about the Padre community attracted his attention. oops.

It's implied that perhaps Alicia did survive after all but was killed by Troy anyway, but he only has the bone/metal prosthetic arm as proof.

Daniel and Victor have their usual repartee' but Daniel's not too happy to see Troy again after he was partly responsible for what happened to his daughter. (Reportedly we might get some answers on Charlie fairly soon as well).

This episode was directly by Danay Garcia (Luciana) who reportedly will also show up again.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-24-2023 at 02:21 PM.

New episode reveals Charlie survived radiation sickness due to the medical equipment at Padre and has been doing oil ruins for them with Luciana who also returns although somehow didn't run into Madison until now. Madison also learns about how she killed Nick, so she has her go on a mission to Troy's hotel.

Also Troy's motive seems to go beyond revenge, turns out he built a family and Madison somehow was responsible for the unseen mother's death.

Next episode involves Dwight, who looks like he hasn't been doing great since his son's death and another seperation from Sherry.

Yesterday's episode revisited Sanctuary which is falling apart pretty much, with Dwight, Sherry & June kind of getting their 'groove' back after failing to save Finch by saving Dove/Odessa.

Lots of corny moments such as a Finch landing on the old furnace (Kind of implying it's their reincarnated son symbolically watching over them) and Dwight using the iron which messed up his face on the villain of the week. Also the guy he helps out at the beginning just happens to be similar to him and also his former sister in law Tina.

The PADME/Troy stuff mainly takes a back seat until the ending, where they find Troy's daughter.

Also aren't the other TWD communities-Alexandria, Hilltop etc. still around in Virginia (Although it takes a bit longer to get to Commonwealth)? Sure Dwight probably isn't allowed but they might at least recognize Sherry. (Also although they can't really know that Daryl and Negan are off doing their own spin-offs).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-06-2023 at 09:28 AM.

There's an interesting bit of continuity with the Walkers in this-several are 'metal head' Walkers, something Eugene did to make the Walkers harder to kill and prove himself as a savior during the war.

So the Walkers were either left over from the war era but Sanctuary was largely cleaned out, I guess some maybe escaped and just kind of wandered around close to the Sanctuary where they were "created"?

Another explanation is that the new group that had taken over sanctuary was just using the same method using the furnace I guess? Maybe Eugene left some notes behind or one of the group was a surviving savior who wasn't absorbed into Alexandria/Hilltop/Commonwealth or weren't among the leftovers Carol killed.

So the series ended, sort of similar to the TWD finale in that there were really no major deaths of long-running "good guy" characters (although the TWD finale did lose Rosita) and two characters thought dead were in fact alive. So sort of a happy ending although not quite as rosy as TWD's.

It spent a lot of time on a character just introduced less than a handful of episodes ago (Tracy) and a lot of back-and-forth about whether she was Alicia's daughter or not.

Daniel mentions Travis but it's kind of weird him and her stepson Chris have been pretty much totally forgotten the last few seasons.

There's a DeLorean in a garage for some reason. Maybe Doc and Marty created another bad future by accident again.

Also seems a bit odd that Dwight and (reluctantly)Sherry want to make a community out of what's left of Sanctuary. Pretty sure that was tried after the war with the Saviors and didn't work out that well...guess Dwight is afraid of running into Daryl if he stops at the other communities nearby. June and Dove go to the Log Cabin and Madison/Alicia with new adopted daughter Tracey decide to head back to what's left of LA so I suppose that could be room for a continuation there of some kind, although unlikely.

Kind of "meh" all around.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-21-2023 at 07:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What I don't understand is why Dwight and Sherry would think starting the Sanctuary back up was a good idea when Dwight knows Alexandria is so close by. Go there find out what has been going on since he was last there and then make a plan. Last we saw the Sanctuary it was falling to pieces anyway.

Last time Dwight saw Daryl, Daryl was presumably still upset over Denise's death and stealing some of Daryl's stuff so he said he'd kill Dwight if he ever saw him again.

Funny thing is I think Daryl was in part based on comic Dwight at first, hence a lot of his earlier arcs having him as the anti-Daryl.

Then again Daryl even sort of forgave Negan and other Saviors who had done far worst by series end so he'd probably be OK with Dwight now. Besides, he's still in France.

Or maybe have Sherry try to talk to the Commonwealth first, I think at least Eugene would recognize her as Frankie's dead....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-21-2023 at 09:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finale Grade: C
    Series Grade: B-
    spoilers below
    I thought the finale was overly long and not worthy of the time.
    Every 15min was Madison is going to kill Troy. No wait, I, Troy have intel only I have. Stall. Kill Threat. Rinse and repeat till finally......an anti-climatic cowardice stabbing of Troy.
    I was not surprised that Alica showed up alive. Kinda glad now that Morgan had his farewell at mid season.
    Tracy was annoyingly written to the point they had her explain to Madison why Troy lied about her being Alicia's daughter. It was the easiest thing to deduce.

I hate how the story with Charlie ended up even if that was a few episodes back. It was a dark specter over the finale imo.

The super tame(happy?) ending seems to indicate they may be done with exploring these characters together but not done with them entirely.
    1. Madison/Alicia headed back to L.A.
    2. June and Dove to Texas
    3. Dwight and Sherry to try and take back then rebuild Sanctuary
    4. Victor and family to parts unknown
    5. Alicia and Daniel to keep making petrol and doing the charity runs.

The Civic Republic was dropped into the middle seasons of the show and then ties just abandoned. If that was for symmetry with World Beyond, great but that groups story being dropped is a down spot on the series.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Guess Victor and group could go back to that hotel. I'm guessing PADRE/MADRE island is probably wrecked from Madison's fire.