Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

While, as a whole, the Walking Dead Universe to me is getting stale, Fear certainly has been a bright spot. Yes, this was an entertaining season finale. I like the idea of getting this show's timeline caught up with the original and the eventual merging of the 3 shows.

World Beyond can do whatever it wants; as long as its role makes sense in the bigger picture. I don't have much invested in that show beyond that.

I love crossovers in general and am hopeful that the meeting of the various characters from all 3 shows will pay off. And the reunion of Rick, Michonne, etc. is, of course, important, too.

Side note: I would like to see the writers play up a meeting of Maggie, Grace, and Al, whose real life name is Maggie Grace.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 06-15-2021 at 07:26 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm just waiting on Tales of the Walking Dead coming in a year or 2. With season long rotating arcs on characters etc. Should be a fun anthology series. Gave up on Fear years ago and not even nuke blasting states can make me care.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    I too bailed after S1 when it debut. Back in October '20 I decided to play catchup. Nukes is a gimmick, the real thing of note is the uptick in the quality of actors, writing and chemistry that took place from about mid-S3 onward.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm just waiting on Tales of the Walking Dead coming in a year or 2. With season long rotating arcs on characters etc. Should be a fun anthology series. Gave up on Fear years ago and not even nuke blasting states can make me care.
    Is that the one with Carol ad Darryl?

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Is that the one with Carol ad Darryl?
    No , Tales is gonna be an anthology type series with looks at characters in past , present , and future. Also new ones as well. Its a bet we may finally see the tank walker explained from season 1 of Walking Dead (Darabont wanted to do a web series on character). There is rumors the 1st arc will be the return of Abraham Ford as him , Rosita and Eugene in Texas and the group there they traveled with.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No , Tales is gonna be an anthology type series with looks at characters in past , present , and future. Also new ones as well. Its a bet we may finally see the tank walker explained from season 1 of Walking Dead (Darabont wanted to do a web series on character). There is rumors the 1st arc will be the return of Abraham Ford as him , Rosita and Eugene in Texas and the group there they traveled with.
    Ahh, yes, I recall reading about that now.

There could be some other fringe groups to build on, too. Maybe the prison characters or somesuch. I could skip the Terminus group, lol.

Heath.

The guy Michonne dealt with who is roaming around (and rescued the deaf lady?).

I'm sure there are some others from past seasons that could fill episodes. Do I want to see those, though? Seems like a waste of time unless it advances the plot. And TWD suffers greatly from lack of plot advancement.

I thought this season was great! Yeah, the cast was separated and we didn't get to see them together much, but there were some incredible moments. John's death was wow, as was Grace losing the baby. They took Dakota and turned her into what Charlie should have been. I keep rooting for Dwight and Sherrie. Victor's speech in the finale was an amazing summing up of the character and his whole journey thus far.

John Glover can sure grow a lot of hair!

Side note: I would like to see the writers play up a meeting of Maggie, Grace, and Al, whose real life name is Maggie Grace.
    I'm still waiting for a "Dharma" gag between Al and June.

I'm sure there are some others from past seasons that could fill episodes. Do I want to see those, though? Seems like a waste of time unless it advances the plot. And TWD suffers greatly from lack of plot advancement.
    I would need some serious recaps and refreshers for me to remember and care about all these people from the past.

Ahh, yes, I recall reading about that now.

There could be some other fringe groups to build on, too. Maybe the prison characters or somesuch. I could skip the Terminus group, lol.

Heath.

The guy Michonne dealt with who is roaming around (and rescued the deaf lady?).

Given its gonna be an anthology series there will be a beginning , middle and end to the stories done.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Ok, so this thread does still exist! Lol. Anywho, If you have AMC+ you can watch episodes a week early. I've seen both the Fear mid-season finale, and the World Beyond Series finale ahead of time. So far Fear's mid season finale dragged but it had a shocking revelation about Alicia. I'm guessing this REALLY is the end to the Clark story arc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also going back through this thread made me realize how much I loved the first three seasons and revile season 4 and 5. It changed so much that Michael Greyeyes didn't even want to comeback. It's true seasons 6 and 7 are better It's still not as good as the criminally underrated season 3.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 11-28-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Yeah, I'm worried about Alicia. And she's been underused this season. I really can't tolerate Victor much longer. I hope Alicia and Morgan kick his ass.

I'm wondering if horses in their universe are immune to radiation. lol

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

The situation with Alicia leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Just like the situation with Carl in TWD. This show has changed so many times that each set of two or three Seasons seemed like an entirely different show with the same name. For example; Seasons 1-3 was this bleak gritty horror story, Seasons 4-5 was a awkward action adventure show with black and white morality, and Seasons 6-7 are some kinda compromise of the previous 5 Seasons with a lot more blatant post-apocalyptic tropes. I like the last 2 Seasons but I kinda agree it's not as good as the first three.

Considering I think Strand is likely doomed too, I fear (no pun intended) they're going to clean house of all season 1 characters. And probably season 2 as well. The situation with Strand and Alicia just proves this show is something completely different now from what it originally was. Because once that arc is finished that's likely it for all the original characters imo.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Yeah, after this arc it's pretty clear they're done with the original cast. I personally think they deserved better. But once they took the show from Dave Erickson it was pretty much over.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 12-01-2021 at 12:37 PM.

There's been some hopium that Madison might return somehow for years now. I mean, I guess there's a slight chance she escaped the stadium fire, we never saw her as a Walker (Although how could we tell, when they returned to the stadium the Walkers were pretty much char-broiled and indistinquishable) or conclusively dead otherwise....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Twitter is saying she's back for season 7 and 8. That's....weird.