Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

I thought Salazar and Walker were the strongest parts of last season...hopefully we are not done seeing them
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Every show needs a leader character. One that is sacred so viewers can care about the journey. With no real protected characters , no real leader involved its just a bunch of folks shuffling in and out. Madison was considered the A+ character and everyone revolved around her. Dore could be that next leader character but needs the TV time to grow next to Madison to take it. (Like how Daryl has ...and could with writing take it next season)
    The only problem I have is that Madison has kind of run her coarse to me. Every season is just her doing what ever she can for her kids no matter who else it hurts. She just kept making worse and worse decisions over and over. As long as her kids were ok she didn't seem to care who else got killed. Even when Travis died she didn't seem to care and was like "oh well ..... so where are Nick and Alicia". The characters of Nick and Madison just seemed to be running in circles to me.

Maybe with Madison and Nick gone we will see some new character development with Alicia.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The only problem I have is that Madison has kind of run her coarse to me. Every season is just her doing what ever she can for her kids no matter who else it hurts. She just kept making worse and worse decisions over and over. As long as her kids were ok she didn't seem to care who else got killed. Even when Travis died she didn't seem to care and was like "oh well ..... so where are Nick and Alicia". The characters of Nick and Madison just seemed to be running in circles to me.

Maybe with Madison and Nick gone we will see some new character development with Alicia.
    The only real issue is Nick and Madison got most of the character time. Alicia judging from the last 3 seasons was more background and did little. So now they have to do a lot with her to try and equal that. Honestly had they wrote Madison to lose her husband and kids , how does she move forward from that....it would have been interesting to see. I mean what happens to someone who lost everything over time ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The thing I think has been smart that the Fear producers have done this year is brining in new cast members that are not total unknowns. From Grace, Elfman. And Dillahunt in the beginning of the season to now Mo Collins and Daryl Mitchell. They are for the most part not household names but they are still actors you see and go "Oh yeah I remember ________ from that one show". It kind of creates a little more of a bond with the character right off the bat in my eyes.

I did not realize Mictchel was injured till I saw him on talking dead. Good on him for continuing to work.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I remember the old Tom Kavanaugh show Ed when Mitchell came on and was already in his wheelchair. I thought it was an odd choice until I read latter that he really was in the chair. He was a full time cast member on Ed for 2 seasons.

Yeah, Ed was awesome. I had forgotten about many of the characters because it has been so long, yet I knew he was familiar.

I remember him from Veronica's Closet, which was his last work before the motorcycle accident that put him in the wheelchair.

I had just watched clips from ten things I hate about you which was why I recognised him.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Does anyone recall what happened with Salazar? IMDB does not list him as a character for 2018, so I'm not expecting him to turn up. Was he killed at the dam?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I recently decided to come back to this series. I tried S1 when it debuted and just didn't feel gripped by the characters after having seen all of S1.
    From last October to now I've played catch up and am now ready to watch S6 ep13 from this past Sunday, making me current.
    The show did get much better but one has to get through S2-3 for the pay off. I think the show runners realized the dead weight and unlikability of some of the original cast and that is why S4 is the real turning point for the show.

I still think Madison may be out there somewhere, alive. Maybe even the Civic Republic has her. Bringing Morgan over was sheer genius and I've enjoyed Dwight and Sherry as well taking up roles here.

Anyone here still watching Fear?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Finale was last night. Pretty much wrapped up the current storyline although it leaves things open for new ones-You've got a good chunk of the cast being rescued by CRM but that might not be a good thing; everybody else pretty much got in some form of bunker but might still have to deal with radiation and fallout.

Also what of Wendell, the weird season 5 kids near the power plant (reportedly they were supposed to show up but Coronavirus nixed the filming plan), and Skidmark the cat?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I just wonder where it goes from here. After this mess they can't stay where they have been. Do they head east back towards Alexandria? Do they head west back to the west coast which was bombed all to hell at the beginning of the fall? Do they head north up into the plains states of the midwest? With what they did they can not stay in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, or any other state within a few hundred miles of where they are at. It would be cool to see the cast out of the damn desert.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That was an epic finale! TWDU did something totally new!

My prediction is that the show takes a 5yr or so leap forward. The show was always starting at "X" months behind TWD S1 as it shows the initial outbreak and immediate months after through about S2 give or take. From there things get debatable as to passing of time. Morgan comes on at S4 about the time TWD takes a 5/6 yr leap forward. Presumably though F:TWD has not so it is now years behind.
    Perhaps the Civic Republic was still young at this point and uses this crisis to cement their resources. Making them even more militaristic to the point we see their actions in World Beyond S1 ep1?
    Taking the leap forward allows all 3 shows to be on the same ground this FALL also when the 3 of them return. Plus if the Rick Grimes movie is still on the table could set that up.

Dakota's death was epic by the way! I look forward to seeing Grace and Morgan with a 5-7 yr old adopted baby Athena. So is Al with the Civic Republic? So many questions but I really phenomenal season finale!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Al fell in love with a CRM operative last season and has been trying to reconnect with her since so that's how she got the rescue copter.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth