Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As the one student said to Madison , society will fall quick. Rick was awake in a world where everything was great. Two months later he awoke and it was all gone to hell. So in 2 months TWD time , it takes things to fall apart as we will see. And it could happen. As I told friends while watching this , the 1st people to get bitten and no one notices or cares will be homeless people.

The homeless aren't seen as much and they will grow in the cities until it explodes. Once it does , it will be outta control.
    Was it really 2 months that Rick was out in the TWD series opener? I thought it was only a few days. He wasn't shot in the head and he was on IVs. He'd have come around on his own long before 2 months.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Was it really 2 months that Rick was out in the TWD series opener? I thought it was only a few days. He wasn't shot in the head and he was on IVs. He'd have come around on his own long before 2 months.
    I don't believe he was in a medically induced coma so there's no way to predict when he'd come out of it.
    Junior Braves of the Apocalypse - NOW AVAILABLE!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I'm loving the slow burn nature of this show.

It's going to be nice to see the breakdown of society and the slow shift into the TWD type atmosphere, and they can take their time doing it too, it's not going to be so obnoxious montage or 28 days later rip off like TWD's intro.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MJ Tanner View Post
    I don't believe he was in a medically induced coma so there's no way to predict when he'd come out of it.
    It was close to two months he was out. Shane stayed as long as he could with him when things started breaking down as it was shown. He even barricaded Rick's door. Some put the time table at 45 days . When he awoke he needed water as we saw.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-24-2015 at 03:00 PM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This season is 6 episodes. Plenty of time to build up this season for a cliff hanger.

I think Season 2 (was announced it's a go recently) will be 15?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    This season is 6 episodes. Plenty of time to build up this season for a cliff hanger.

I think Season 2 (was announced it's a go recently) will be 15?
    Yeah its 15. Its why people were like ...15 ? I think the biggest fear is AMC doesn't wanna burn the audience out on this franchise. Its why they didn't give it a big 1st season and decided to do 15 next year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Don't you miss that one poster who would always pop in after each episode and demand they solve how the outbreak began ? She would get angry when it was revealed Eugene wasn't a scientist and everyone basically said , "We told you ...there is no answer coming. Not from a former sheriff , farm girl , pizza delivery driver etc etc"

It was close to two months he was out. Shane stayed as long as he could with him when things started breaking down as it was shown. He even barricaded Rick's door. Some put the time table at 45 days . When he awoke he needed water as we saw.
    His IV and other fluids would have been depleted long before that but I'd have to go back and see if they mention a specific span of time.

His IV and other fluids would have been depleted long before that but I'd have to go back and see if they mention a specific span of time.
    If you look the IV bag was empty. Rick's lips were dry and he was beggin for water. His legs also needed time for him to slowly get used to walking again. Due to the time passing , Shane and Lori thought he had passed. Because of them not able to take him and his coma.

It was different, intense and suspenseful at some points but still a little dull in others. It took me a minute to figure out the relation ship between nick and the other guy. At first I assumed he was nick's father instead of step father. (turns out neither) They seemed too close. And who sends their boyfriend to look after their sick son in the hospital. Especially since he is a teacher and she is a councilor.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    It's just a drama set in the early stages of the outbreak, don't expect any answers on the outbreak itself.
    I didn't plan on adding this show to my already bloated TV list, so haven't been following any of the news leading up to it. I ended up watching anyway, under the presumption that it would reveal the source/origin of the outbreak. By the end of the episode I realized that wasn't going to be the case, but am okay with that. It was really well done and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take these characters.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    It was different, intense and suspenseful at some points but still a little dull in others. It took me a minute to figure out the relation ship between nick and the other guy. At first I assumed he was nick's father instead of step father. (turns out neither) They seemed too close. And who sends their boyfriend to look after their sick son in the hospital. Especially since he is a teacher and she is a councilor.
    She's obviously dated him a long while. To trust her children around him. Its not like she just met the guy. She has work as he does.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    The main character in that book was uniquely qualified/tasked with finding the source in World War Z, right? Why would you worry that a high school teacher, guidance councilor, and their kids would be put in a similar situation? It's just a drama set in the early stages of the outbreak, don't expect any answers on the outbreak itself.
    That's what I hope it'll be, a family drama. But the characters in the show (it would be easy to run into an "expert" of something and have an exposition dump) doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible to try and explain the collapse of civilization in technical ways, if the writers wanted to. The writers can choose to do whatever, I just hope they don't go that route and keep things laser-focused ol these survivors. So far I'm cautiously optimistic.

Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed. I understand they are trying to set up the characters/story, but did they need a hour and a half to do that? I was hoping the zombie apocalypse would happen a bit quicker.
    Life is but a dream

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed. I understand they are trying to set up the characters/story, but did they need a hour and a half to do that? I was hoping the zombie apocalypse would happen a bit quicker.
    How quick is quicker? It would be a pretty short lived series if they brought us right up to where TWD began in just the first episode...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    How quick is quicker? It would be a pretty short lived series if they brought us right up to where TWD began in just the first episode...
    I didn't expect them to bring us up to TWD's beginning, but I was expecting more than a 3 zombies by the end.
    Life is but a dream