Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Well, Strand was talking to someone on his satellite phone. Mexican drug lords, perhaps?
    Would that be so bad? They couldn't be any worth than the regular authorities at this point

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Would that be so bad? They couldn't be any worth than the regular authorities at this point
    Probably better than the aforementioned human traffickers, too
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Probably better than the aforementioned human traffickers, too
    Where would anyone be trafficked to at this point?

Everyone should be in survival mode, and money isn't worth the paper it's printed on

I think they should try to do these grounded character stories while they can (meaning, running into somewhat normal people and families before it's all pillaging bikers). There's still room for the usual gore and squick, like what happened to the little girl. I also want them to make better use of their characters (Ofelia in particular has practically done nothing in two episodes) before they start killing them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they should try to do these grounded character stories while they can (meaning, running into somewhat normal people and families before it's all pillaging bikers). There's still room for the usual gore and squick, like what happened to the little girl. I also want them to make better use of their characters (Ofelia in particular has practically done nothing in two episodes) before they start killing them.
    Well, that's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where would anyone be trafficked to at this point?

Everyone should be in survival mode, and money isn't worth the paper it's printed on
    The idea of a trafficker being on the other end of Strand's phone was merely speculation, so it's pointless to go too deep into the thought of it right now. I guess we will see soon what comes of that scene.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 04-19-2016 at 07:16 AM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Maybe someone is looking for people to experiment on to find "the cure". You bring me guinea pigs and I give you safe haven. They haven't done the mad scientist angle yet unless you count that guy at the CDC in the other show.

Astonishing Member

I said before that the show lost its basic premise to see how society responded to the outbreak in favor of the family in peril, acting stupidly, and now a conspiracy!!

Why do all these sort of shows have to have a conspiracy? X-Files led us down that rabbit hole with the aliens. They are still screwing around with it. The best episodes are usually ones that don't have a conspiracy. That was true for X-Files.

AoS is down the tubes with endless Ward, Ward, Ward - can he be saved by Daisy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I said before that the show lost its basic premise to see how society responded to the outbreak in favor of the family in peril, acting stupidly, and now a conspiracy!!

Why do all these sort of shows have to have a conspiracy? X-Files led us down that rabbit hole with the aliens. They are still screwing around with it. The best episodes are usually ones that don't have a conspiracy. That was true for X-Files.

AoS is down the tubes with endless Ward, Ward, Ward - can he be saved by Daisy?
    It's not a conspiracy yet, it's a subplot. Chill, sheesh lol

Astonishing Member

Betcha it's a conspiracy! Like I said, they blew the premise of a developing apocalypse for emo, conspiracy/subplots and a bunch of idiots on a cruise.

OH, you are a Maori - who cares? Dumb-boy needs his drugs - who cares? Oh, let's save someone so we all can get killed - blah. Hey, mysterious dude just happens to have a boat and a secret! He has a MP-5. Wow!

How does this expand the WD universe?

Nick is growing to be a little badass, learning little tricks of this world and everything. I still want Madison to be the most hardcore character on the show. I smiled at the Strand revelation. Even though I really should've seen it coming, I had no idea. Makes a lot of sense in hindsight, of course.

Haha, Jesse McCartney on this show...and he's a complete psycho.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You know for as stupid as the Walking Dead can be at times Fear makes them look like geniuses. These characters just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So this Carter...the new character could he be....could he be patient zero ? In any outbreak there is always a patient zero. They are the ones who start the virus potentially and it spreads. Is Carter by some way the patient zero ? He clearly seems bitten perhaps (could be a swerve of course) but imagine if the entire Walking Dead universe began from a twisted insane wannabe doctor/leader ? Likely it will be a swerve but I do like that spot we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

All this sounds like the ZNation guys should sick their Undead Lawyers on FTWD and get some dat BIG MONEY for stealing their plots.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    All this sounds like the ZNation guys should sick their Undead Lawyers on FTWD and get some dat BIG MONEY for stealing their plots.
    Its like a swerve to be honest. He will either A) be a fake makeup bite he created to inspire those around him to follow. Or B) He was bitten by a dog ala Nick was and he just let folks believe he was bitten.

I'd say its one of those and when he really does get bitten and is dying he reveals it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.