Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ya know I like Ethan Embry , he's really grown as an actor since That Thing You Do and I wish his character had stuck around til mid-season on Walking Dead. But ...why is he wearing an obvious hair piece on Talking Dead ? The guy is obviously balding and we saw it on Walking Dead as they had him be natural. On Talking Dead he's wearing an obvious hair piece in front.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Now if that Nerd on TD could get killed in a horrible way that would be a show I could get behind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its like a swerve to be honest. He will either A) be a fake makeup bite he created to inspire those around him to follow. Or B) He was bitten by a dog ala Nick was and he just let folks believe he was bitten.

I'd say its one of those and when he really does get bitten and is dying he reveals it.
    Is it a swerve if we all see it coming?

I seem to recall Kirkman saying we'll never know the cause of the zombies. And hell, none of the characters seemed to give a dam when Eugene 'knew' the cause, so...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is it a swerve if we all see it coming?

I seem to recall Kirkman saying we'll never know the cause of the zombies. And hell, none of the characters seemed to give a dam when Eugene 'knew' the cause, so...
    To be truthful they were traveling to Washington. They must have believed Eugene because we saw Rick gamble and take his family there. I doubt if folks didn't believe him , they wouldn't have. Its not til Abraham was gonna risk everyones life to try and go through a huge massive herd did Eugene reveal the lie as we saw.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just really hate the "relgion" angle they are running with on this show. It make everyone in Mexico seem like superstitious peasants you would see in movies set in the middle ages. "Oh this is gods wraith and is washing the world clean for the chosen people" nonsense has pretty much lost my interest in this show.

Ultimate Member

To be truthful they were traveling to Washington. They must have believed Eugene because we saw Rick gamble and take his family there. I doubt if folks didn't believe him , they wouldn't have. Its not til Abraham was gonna risk everyones life to try and go through a huge massive herd did Eugene reveal the lie as we saw.
    They were traveling to Washington because, really, where else did they have to go?

But that's besides the point. Eugene pretended to have a cure, to know how this all started, yet never once did anyone press him on how this all came about. I mean, the world's ended,and the guy who knows why is standing right ext to you. Wouldn't you press the matter?

Hell, no one on the show's really speculated on how the zombies have come about, beyond being some giant metaphor ("God's wraith! Nature!")

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They were traveling to Washington because, really, where else did they have to go?

But that's besides the point. Eugene pretended to have a cure, to know how this all started, yet never once did anyone press him on how this all came about. I mean, the world's ended,and the guy who knows why is standing right ext to you. Wouldn't you press the matter?

Hell, no one on the show's really speculated on how the zombies have come about, beyond being some giant metaphor ("God's wraith! Nature!")

Its one of those natural disasters that happen. Even in Romero's earliest film , the general line was , when hell can't hold the dead they will walk the Earth. It was a tagline. Abraham was looking for something to believe in. So when this smart teacher walked up and said , I know some people in Washington , DC. That is where we have to go. Well...what else could he believe in. Abraham convinced others along the way as well as Rosita.

They all believed it and he preached it to Rick. Who decided...what the hell , its worth a shot. Abraham was the one sold the most. The others were used to disappointment in this world. They hated the lie , but they had to keep going.

Ultimate Member

Its one of those natural disasters that happen. Even in Romero's earliest film , the general line was , when hell can't hold the dead they will walk the Earth. It was a tagline. Abraham was looking for something to believe in. So when this smart teacher walked up and said , I know some people in Washington , DC. That is where we have to go. Well...what else could he believe in. Abraham convinced others along the way as well as Rosita.

They all believed it and he preached it to Rick. Who decided...what the hell , its worth a shot. Abraham was the one sold the most. The others were used to disappointment in this world. They hated the lie , but they had to keep going.
    "when hell can't hold the dead they will walk the Earth. It was a tagline"

And it's a good tagline, but poor internal logic. As is treating it like a natural disaster that just 'happens' because unless I missed a really cool lesson in history, the dead have never risen before now. It's a small thing perhaps but IMO it sticks out like a sore thumb

Mighty Member

The falling walkers was awsome

I just came in the thread to check out if it was worth following the show again. I gave out just before the end of the first part of season 2. Well I guess I'll continue to stay away.

Fantastic Member

Anyone watch this last night? I thought this was fantastic (I'm easily amused/entertained ) A very shocking death indeed and I'm looking forward to this season.

Astonishing Member

I've lost interest in the paradigm. This show was supposed to be how the world initially responded. It quickly became just another - oh, here are zombies, let's run around, let's end up in some nutball's compound, let's escape, someone will die.

There's no real story progress. An episode might be of local interest or exciting but in the long run, nothing new.

It is becoming better but, yes, it is still a dragged out story about interpersonal loyalty, trust, and family. Okay, we get it. While I do think the premiere was better than anything from the last season or two, it still feels stagnant. And that's despite the plot changes (scenery, bit players, etc.). I think I would have preferred they stay in a metropolitan setting, say LA. Or they could have gone up to San Fran or Portland.

I liken this series vs The Walking Dead to their Talking Dead counterparts. The Talking Dead, after a Walking Dead episode, is energetic and fun. TD after Fear the Walking Dead is lifeless, quiet. Hardwick struggles to keep the flow going. And the actors seem the same way in interviews.

I will add I did not expect the death. And the main characters indeed have a motivation set for them this season.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I've lost interest in the paradigm. This show was supposed to be how the world initially responded. It quickly became just another - oh, here are zombies, let's run around, let's end up in some nutball's compound, let's escape, someone will die.

There's no real story progress. An episode might be of local interest or exciting but in the long run, nothing new.
    In fairness, eventually the response becomes the norm.

But that said, the response followed basically every zombie cliche, so what was the point?

I loved the mixed family angle, but that was the second interesting thing to die in the series.

Really "Fear" needs a new set of characters and direction. This show has ran its course.....there is nothing really new to do with this setting. Just relaunch the show with a new focus and see what happens. If you wanna keep Frank Dillane (aka young Johnny Depp) employed with this franchise , just have him somehow travel to Virginia or suddenly appear on Walking Dead. But really , this one has ran its course obviously.