Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Both shows are soap operas where someone gets eaten by zombies periodically. No real attempt to explore the universe they are in. It might be interesting to go back to the initial premise and drop these boring folk. Show what happens to a nuclear carrier when the plague hits - sort of like Last Ship.

What happened if some country figured it out quickly and sealed its borders and took out the initial walkers? What happens in colder states where they freeze in winter - like in the World War Z books?

Something else than angst, nuts and chomping.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They should do what Darabont wanted originally in a sense. He proposed that the 1st web series would explore the walker Rick killed in the tank. His past would be explored and how that unit all fell , one by one. AMC rejected that premise. But you can fine tune that premise in a sense. Set a near Fear location and series with the premise that its a National Guard unit . The leader is an older man (50ish) and like the original Fear , things are great. Til all hell breaks loose.

You can have various characters and all. While this current series is about family and being that. This next series could be about loyalty and duty. And when is it time to move beyond that ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They should do what Darabont wanted originally in a sense. He proposed that the 1st web series would explore the walker Rick killed in the tank. His past would be explored and how that unit all fell , one by one. AMC rejected that premise. But you can fine tune that premise in a sense. Set a near Fear location and series with the premise that its a National Guard unit . The leader is an older man (50ish) and like the original Fear , things are great. Til all hell breaks loose.

You can have various characters and all. While this current series is about family and being that. This next series could be about loyalty and duty. And when is it time to move beyond that ?
    Is it? Because they seemed to ditch that pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is it? Because they seemed to ditch that pretty quick.
    Not really when you see the series is still about Madison , her son and daughter. Then we get the other daughter of that family who were in season 1. Travis recently died and it was about him and his son in season #2. So its not like the show has changed and from what was rumored another new family will be introduced soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Who cares about so and so's family problems. It's a zombie universe show. Transplant the families to a soap opera with no zombies. Again, who cares. Better straight dramas on TV.

Hmm spoilers for perhaps the best Fear the Walking Dead episode in a long , long while...

-

-

-

-

- Told entirely almost in Mexican subtitles , this episode focused on the return of Daniel Saladar. You see how he walked from the explosion at the house and continued to where he'd end up being saved by a homeless man on a bike.

- Daniel's slow build to regaining his health and more is shown. He gets saved repeatedly by some wild situations. The dog , the lightning striking a walker ! It was an episode where Daniel realizes he somehow can't seem to be died due to perhaps what he did in a prior life perhaps.

- At the end Daniel emerges at the dam and is given a key job due to his former past. We learn he was a former CIA trained assassin and that is why he knows how to kill and torture. Anyhow the best part was Daniel wanted to save the homeless man and lady who saved him. So at the Dam , he took down the President and his thugs in quick order. Shocking even Strand !

I have to admit things got more intense with some changes....

-

-

-

- Madison Clark's dark side is fully explored more. Its revealed she is motivating Troy to her own reasoning to do her bidding at times. One instance is where he killed an innocent family and kept it a secret. To blame the Native American tribe. Then she pretty much convinces him to do a mission where she gets her daughter back as a parlay deal was being explored.

Her family is stunned at her actions ...and later she reveals that she killed her abusive father as a teenager. And she would have done it again ! Because she believes in doing whatever is needed to save her family.

- As the war seems to build up more a shocking deal is arranged that Madison keeps quiet from the son's. Jeremiah Otto has to die. But she tells him , she won't kill him...the Native Americans want Otto dead. That is the only way peace will be restored. Madison tells Jeremiah ...kill yourself. Do what is right but the old man won't do it and taunts her to do it. Then Nick arrives....

- Nick is taunted by the old man and we see him do what Madison doesn't. Killing Otto and they set it up that a drunken Jeremiah Otto took his own life. At the end , Walker is given Otto's head and he is impressed by this hard woman. War is avoided.

I will admit that this show has become very good in a very short amount of time. Character development, plot, and some stellar acting have really pulled this show from my viewing oblivion. In watching the Talking Dead after, it's obvious the actors are giving it their all and put their trust in the writers and producers.

It has more definition to it, more direction. More strong characters. More tension.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I will admit that this show has become very good in a very short amount of time. Character development, plot, and some stellar acting have really pulled this show from my viewing oblivion. In watching the Talking Dead after, it's obvious the actors are giving it their all and put their trust in the writers and producers.

It has more definition to it, more direction. More strong characters. More tension.
    They needed a BIG season to get fans back. The idea to make Madison the dark character was a wise move. I think on Talking Dead even Hardwick was like , Madison seemed more at ease with these dark situations at killing someone and all. So its not a shock she killed her own father as a young teenager.

If this is the show , they have struck on what works. Walker was a good addition and now you have to wonder how long Madison keeps Otter's sons around and when will she turn on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They needed a BIG season to get fans back. The idea to make Madison the dark character was a wise move. I think on Talking Dead even Hardwick was like , Madison seemed more at ease with these dark situations at killing someone and all. So its not a shock she killed her own father as a young teenager.

If this is the show , they have struck on what works. Walker was a good addition and now you have to wonder how long Madison keeps Otter's sons around and when will she turn on them ?

I wanted Hardwick to bring up Evangeline Lily's Kate Austin from LOST and how her story was similar -- then mention that Kim Dickens (Cassidy) was on LOST and that she and Evangeline shared a history with Sawyer *head explodes*

I was really disappointed Hardwick didn't make a csi Miami joke about Strand's sunglasses.

Did anyone else automatically think of y the last man when the cosmonaut came on the radio?

And yes, Walker is a good addition. Perfect setting for this, too.

Also, I think I'm in love with Mercedes Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I was really disappointed Hardwick didn't make a csi Miami joke about Strand's sunglasses.
    Ha! Yes. That would have been spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post

Did anyone else automatically think of y the last man when the cosmonaut came on the radio?
    Yes. That's exactly what I thought of.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You know with 3 episodes into season 4 I have to say I am really liking what going on with this show so far. I am so much more interested in what is going on in FtWD than I have been for 2 years with The Walking Dead proper. I was not sure about Lennie James coming over as Morgan, but so far it has been handled very well. I also like the new members of the cast Maggie Grace, Garret Dillahunt, and Jenna Elfman.

They are not afraid to shake things up on Fear. The way they killed of Curtis last season right off the start and now the way they kill off another main member of the cast just 3 episodes into this one make this show just feel fresher than TWD.