Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I didn't expect them to bring us up to TWD's beginning, but I was expecting more than a 3 zombies by the end.
    LOL. I know what you mean. In a city the size of LA too? Checking out the local news in the Midwest, Gary Indiana (a city of about 70,000) had 7 gun related homicides in one week. That's not counting any natural deaths or car accidents. I think LA would have more than a couple of walkers in a few days.

I guess I didn't find the cast all that engaging so far, except for the junkie son. At least one would think his experience in the shooting gallery would straighten him out so that will be a good character arc there.

Amazing Member

I don't think I would have called my parents if I had shot someone who was going to get me heroin. A friend maybe. I would have taken the bus and gotten out of there and tried to forget about it, hoping multiple homicide neighborhood apathy would make the cops not pay attention. Maybe kids share more with their parents these days, I dunno.

Remember, the show is focused on one family for now. I'm sure there are other zombies "off-camera" at this point. How many do they need to show at the outset? 17? 48?
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

The pilot wasn't too bad, I think this could become a great series. That Nick kid, however, is irritating and the actor is just plain awful.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watchdog View Post
    The pilot wasn't too bad, I think this could become a great series. That Nick kid, however, is irritating and the actor is just plain awful.
    Really? I thought he did a great job portraying a drug addict. I work with a number of them and he hit the mark on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyOne View Post
    Really? I thought he did a great job portraying a drug addict. I work with a number of them and he hit the mark on the head.
    Huh, then maybe a drug addict is a poor choice for a lead character then? I found the actor to be just as lifeless on screen as the zombies he's supposed to be "fearing." Fantastic abs though.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    The main character in that book was uniquely qualified/tasked with finding the source in World War Z, right? Why would you worry that a high school teacher, guidance councilor, and their kids would be put in a similar situation? It's just a drama set in the early stages of the outbreak, don't expect any answers on the outbreak itself.
    Exactly. I'm not exactly a professional historian, but during the dark ages we had The Bubonic Plague which had huge affect on everyone. With no real technology, I doubt they could comprehend at the time how everyone got sick. The cast is in the exact same boat because this a new type of disease and no one can comprehend how it began. However just like the plague I'm sure Civilization will overcome it and continue to survive as a species.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Huh, then maybe a drug addict is a poor choice for a lead character then? I found the actor to be just as lifeless on screen as the zombies he's supposed to be "fearing."
    Agreed, my thoughts exactly.
    "With great power comes great responsibility."

Mighty Member

The opening scene with that zombie girl was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    LOL. I know what you mean. In a city the size of LA too? Checking out the local news in the Midwest, Gary Indiana (a city of about 70,000) had 7 gun related homicides in one week. That's not counting any natural deaths or car accidents. I think LA would have more than a couple of walkers in a few days.
    Maybe everyone isn't infected at this point? Meaning, not everyone who dies will turn yet.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

I might have liked this better than the main show. The concept of seeing the transition happen from regular world while the outbreak happens is absolutely fascinating. I LOVE this concept and have wanted some medium to tackle this story like this for years. Frankly, I hope they don't rush into full-on apocalypse mode as I'd like to watch things unravel more, see how people try to cling to society, see what went wrong, etc. Much more relatable, I think.

Nicky wasn't a bad show. So it's the pilot for a series? Pretty sad how his friend turned on him, but that's why you say "nope to dope," kids. That must have been some heavy **** for Nicky to have zombie dreams. His mom and stepdad seemed unaffected, or unimpressed, when he said he killed his friend. The old man even wanted to cover for him. When they saw Calvin's ass reanimate, they all be trippin.' Nicky shouldn't leave syringes on the truck's bench seat like that.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I thought that the actor who portrayed Nick was phenomenal. In fact I thought his was the sole stand-out performance of the entire pilot.

He did an amazing job making Nick emotionally unhinged, and draining for both his family/other characters and the audience itself. That opening scene in particular had me hooked.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

NWnights

I was somewhat bored. It was a step backwards from The Walking Dead. It was like "been there, done that".

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    She's obviously dated him a long while. To trust her children around him. Its not like she just met the guy. She has work as he does.
    According to the synopsis I read they just moved in together