Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

I think some, especially Glenn, may have gotten soft in their 2 month staycation.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The scene that ended the episode was huge.....I'm sure every female Daryl Dixon fan let loose a NOOOOOO PLEASE BABY JESUS NOOOO !!

spoilers:
    Hopefully its a red herring and I'm calling it .....Negan will kill Glenn. The producer wants to stay more true to the comics in a sense and will have Maggie battle for her life and the baby , and Glenn dies. NEGAN is coming though.
    end of spoilers

Yep. I'm feeling a sense of dread already.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    They had enough cover.
    Attachment 34021
    But , we at home surely know better right ? Honestly them getting the drop on em is pretty easy to do. Not everyone is gonna move like an ox. And given that Negan seems to have given the Saviors some military training (using codes on radio , safe house points , an armory on the road) , they seem to move pretty well. Also comically here is one thing in the comics for those who don't follow it.

Dwight is ex-military. Yeah his character in the show doesn't seem to have that. But in the comics he's teaching Alexandrians how to be an army in a sense and Rick brings up his training he has.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Lotsa bad decisions by the characters lately. Going on and on yadayadayada, all unstealthy-like, simply sitting ducks. They are supposed to be better than this.
    That just drives me nuts how they stage that - twice now they were ambushed while walking and talking loudly when they should b e stealthy as ****. I mean do the TV writers have any military training? hunters? paint ball playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    That just drives me nuts how they stage that - twice now they were ambushed while walking and talking loudly when they should b e stealthy as ****. I mean do the TV writers have any military training? hunters? paint ball playing?
    You don't think that there is an obvious difference between the first time and the second time?

The Rick and Morgan aspect of tonight's episode was pretty brilliant.

Has Lennie ever been nominated for an Emmy for Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You don't think that there is an obvious difference between the first time and the second time?
    The Walking Dead does this stupid stuff all the time - they are more interested in getting the monologue/dialogue out there that they have them routinely walk..stop...face each other....carry out an poignant conversation....and then something happens.
    <p>
    And I have been in the woods. No way someone can sneak up on you like that in a forest full of twigs - and uber woodsman Daryl would have picked up on it. And last but not least - The ultimate Plot Induced Stupidity of all their main players leaving to search for one woman who told them not to look for her leaving their war fighting plans to defend Alexandria in jeopardy. I assume by now they know there are patrols of Saviours out there.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Rick and Morgan aspect of tonight's episode was pretty brilliant.

Has Lennie ever been nominated for an Emmy for Morgan?
    Lennie blows my mind in every role I have ever seen him in. Amazing actor.

Ultimate Member

But , we at home surely know better right ? Honestly them getting the drop on em is pretty easy to do. Not everyone is gonna move like an ox. And given that Negan seems to have given the Saviors some military training (using codes on radio , safe house points , an armory on the road) , they seem to move pretty well. Also comically here is one thing in the comics for those who don't follow it.

Dwight is ex-military. Yeah his character in the show doesn't seem to have that. But in the comics he's teaching Alexandrians how to be an army in a sense and Rick brings up his training he has.
    And in the comics, how does Dwight train his people?

He lines them up out in the open with no cover whatsoever, everyone's guns pointed at one direction and firing at the same time.

Maybe he was just a cook?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    The reveal of the first guy just kills me. The pain pans across as he's stepping out from behind a tree that isn't nearly big enough to conceal him.

Ninjas, man!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    And in the comics, how does Dwight train his people?

He lines them up out in the open with no cover whatsoever, everyone's guns pointed at one direction and firing at the same time.

Maybe he was just a cook?
    As the page shows , Dwight seems to know a lot more than just simple shooting as walkers came on the group as he was teaching them about using guns.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Aside from my disdain for the group getting caught, I liked the episode. Carol continues to be a badass despite her instability and need for solitude.

Nothin' better happen to Maggie, dammit!!!

The Rick/Morgan convo was good. Watching The Talking Dead prompted me to check the Wiki for the other potential storyline (I don't mind slight spoilers). I really hope they go with it, as it could add a nifty new layer of complexity to their overall situation.

Yes, I just used the word "nifty".

As the page shows , Dwight seems to know a lot more than just simple shooting as walkers came on the group as he was teaching them about using guns.

I'm fine with this. He's more of a threat than we previously thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I'm fine with this. He's more of a threat than we previously thought.
    Actually given that Dwight's character in the TV Series is different , here are some aspects.

- Dwight's big weapon of choice is the crossbow in the comics. The weapon that Daryl Dixon has made pretty famous and his signature deal on the TV series. Last week Dwight claims he isn't good with it and aimed to kill Daryl. Instead he shot Denise by accident. In the comics Dwight pretty much kills Abraham on purpose with the arrow shot.

- In the comics Dwight is more self assured and has confidence. Thus far his TV appearances show a man unready and not as in control as the comics Dwight. I doubt he has military training given how Daryl had to save him episodes earlier.

- Its just a theory , but I believe that the Negan character in the TV series will be a former combat veteran. He was likely in Iraq and he's kinda...used that experience to become a warlord type. He's the guy who has trained his Saviors to follow and all.

I can't see the TV series Dwight being the guy above. It just doesn't fit.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Anyone else tired of Morgan's ****?

He said he is vindicated in his dumbass beliefs because he kidnapped a guy, who kidnapped Denise, who then saved Denise so Denis could save Carl. When really, had Morgan grown some balls and killed that guy to begin with Denise would never have left the infirmary to help Morgan's kidnapped guy and would have been there to save Carl anyway.

I don't understand why they haven't just got rid of him, he's basically a fully grown Lizzie waiting to happen.

And Daryl ain't dead and Carolyn ain't dead, the show doesn't have the confidence to off them. Or at least that's how it feels, they might kill Glen because he and Maggie are the happiest people on that show and that cannot last. I wonder if Maggie's miscarriage is a hint for Glen's death?