Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead Season #6 : Alexandria Civil War !

Since I missed out on naming the Fear the Walking Dead season thread , I decided I'll go ahead and start season #6 of this shows thread. On Talking Dead they previewed some things about what is ahead. The producer Scott Gimple pretty much laid out a few tidbits.

- The Wolves are gonna be a big threat to things.

- There will be trouble in and out of Alexandria . Hinting at the Civil War aspect ahead. As Rick has to fight to keep control of the community.

- New cast members are coming. One of them is Dr. Denise Cloyd who will take Pete's place since he was killed . The others are Carter (who will as this trailer below shows opposes Rick's rule) and a new black character who will be a supply runner for the community.

As the trailer shows , there seems to be a Civil War aspect to what is happening in Alexandria. I suspect we will get memes of "Who's side are you on ?" with Morgan , Carter and whoever stands with them against Rick , Carol and whoever is on that side.

So folks are you pumped for season #6 ?

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I binge read the comic and have caught up with the show. Looking forward to a couple new characters showing up and interested in how they will handle this season.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Here was the brief "We Are One" promo aired on Sunday Night during "Fear the Walking Dead".

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In reading an interview today , Reedus discussed that there will be some unique things this season. Rick doesn't want him going out and bringing people back to Alexandria due to things happening. But Daryl will push to add more and claimed that the result maybe what you see where someone has tied Daryl up and he's in danger. Reedus also said there will be something that will go back to something on Daryl and Carol.

Beyond that ...it should be interesting to see what happens this year. Will we get the debut of Negan ? Rumors are he will be cast soon.

Anyhow....we just have 4 more days folks. 4 more days til Rick Grimes takes control of Alexandria and tells people how its gonna be !

Looking forward to the premiere. The ending of last season's finale was a doozy. I'm hoping they will pick up right at that moment.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Looking forward to the premiere. The ending of last season's finale was a doozy. I'm hoping they will pick up right at that moment.
    They seem to be planning to . Well folks were minutes away from the 6th season of THE WALKING DEAD ! YEAAAAH....

Eh, I think I'm sitting this season out. May binge watch the complete season at some point, though.

spoilers:
    Okay, which dummy forgot to turn their alarm off? Did Father Gabriel do this, or is this The Wolves first strike?
    end of spoilers

Good ep.

Very grand in scale.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Welcome back, folks! Good episode.

Spoilers.....skip down....

-

-

- The episode uses the flashbacks in b & w and what is happening currently in regular color. It was a good touch there I felt.

- Morgan meets everyone for the first time as he seems to realize there is more to Carol than what she portrays. Its surprises Carol that someone can see thru her act.

- Rick saves Ron who is angry at him for killing his father. But at the quarry , Rick saves him and look a good father he is ...wants to teach him to survive out there. But he can't be out there.

- During the episode , Rick struggles with what to say to Jessie as he finally works up the courage to speak to her. Jessie surprises him at having her own gun and going to get training from Rosita. She then scolds Rick on that he can't touch his son after the events of what happened. That he has to understand that. She does thank him for being there for Ron. This leaves their situation up in the air with the will they or won't they ....

- We see that Glenn's idea for saving Nicholas pays off as he helps Heath and him . In a nice moment Maggie speaks to an angry Tara who isn't happy Noah died because of him. She tells her that the same way she forgave Tara for being at that fence with the Governor at the prison , she grew to feel she is a very important person in her life. That is why Glenn kept Nicholas alive for now.

- The episode ends with a mystery ...who is blowing the horn ? Is it Ron who doesn't understand the plan and is being an idiot teenager ? Is it someone else wanting to overthrow Rick Grimes again ? Or is it the Wolves ? Launching an early attack on Alexandria .

I loved the moment between Morgan and Carol. I feel like this is going to be big later on.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Great ep and a very strong opening feel to this new season.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    spoilers:
    Okay, which dummy forgot to turn their alarm off? Did Father Gabriel do this, or is this The Wolves first strike?
    end of spoilers
    Don't see who it could really be besides them

They hyped up Ethan Embry's character in publicity and then kill him off in the first episode.

I like the addition of Heath.

Morgan may eventually turn on Rick. I like how he saw through Carol's harmless act. I wonder if he was trained by a character from the comics who has been cast but I don't know how to use spoiler tags so I won't post who.

The black and white made it hard to see how many walkers were gathered in the quarry. (Which could be why they filmed it that way)