Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Actually given that Dwight's character in the TV Series is different , here are some aspects.

- Dwight's big weapon of choice is the crossbow in the comics. The weapon that Daryl Dixon has made pretty famous and his signature deal on the TV series. Last week Dwight claims he isn't good with it and aimed to kill Daryl. Instead he shot Denise by accident. In the comics Dwight pretty much kills Abraham on purpose with the arrow shot.

- In the comics Dwight is more self assured and has confidence. Thus far his TV appearances show a man unready and not as in control as the comics Dwight. I doubt he has military training given how Daryl had to save him episodes earlier.

- Its just a theory , but I believe that the Negan character in the TV series will be a former combat veteran. He was likely in Iraq and he's kinda...used that experience to become a warlord type. He's the guy who has trained his Saviors to follow and all.

I can't see the TV series Dwight being the guy above. It just doesn't fit.

Okay, sounds reasonable to me.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Anyone else tired of Morgan's shit?

He said he is vindicated in his dumbass beliefs because he kidnapped a guy, who kidnapped Denise, who then saved Denise so Denis could save Carl. When really, had Morgan grown some balls and killed that guy to begin with Denise would never have left the infirmary to help Morgan's kidnapped guy and would have been there to save Carl anyway.

I don't understand why they haven't just got rid of him, he's basically a fully grown Lizzie waiting to happen.

And Daryl ain't dead and Carolyn ain't dead, the show doesn't have the confidence to off them. Or at least that's how it feels, they might kill Glen because he and Maggie are the happiest people on that show and that cannot last. I wonder if Maggie's miscarriage is a hint for Glen's death?
    I'm tired of Morgan as well. His "all life is precious" speech is starting to get annoying and repetitive. All life isn't precious anymore, you're in the zombie apocalypse dude, it's kill or be killed. I do love the exchanges between him and Rick though, the push and pull of right and wrong. Lennie James and Andrew Lincoln are absolutely amazing actors.

Ultimate Member

He said he is vindicated in his dumbass beliefs because he kidnapped a guy, who kidnapped Denise, who then saved Denise so Denis could save Carl. When really, had Morgan grown some balls and killed that guy to begin with Denise would never have left the infirmary to help Morgan's kidnapped guy and would have been there to save Carl anyway.

I don't understand why they haven't just got rid of him, he's basically a fully grown Lizzie waiting to happen.

And Daryl ain't dead and Carolyn ain't dead, the show doesn't have the confidence to off them. Or at least that's how it feels, they might kill Glen because he and Maggie are the happiest people on that show and that cannot last. I wonder if Maggie's miscarriage is a hint for Glen's death?
    Honestly, I'm tired of the crap from both sides.

Morgan's absolute position is wrong, yes. There are people that need to be killed, that need to die.

But he is right in that there are other choices. When the time came, the wolf he saved gave his life to save Denise. With more time, he might have actually changed.

In terms of Rick, I'm sick of his whole stock of killing everyone being the solution to everything, ever. He could have gotten information from the man of Negan's that he executed. Him killing a doctor had no negative consequences and for a former cop, he's surprisingly quick to kill.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, I'm tired of the crap from both sides.

Morgan's absolute position is wrong, yes. There are people that need to be killed, that need to die.

But he is right in that there are other choices. When the time came, the wolf he saved gave his life to save Denise. With more time, he might have actually changed.

In terms of Rick, I'm sick of his whole stock of killing everyone being the solution to everything, ever. He could have gotten information from the man of Negan's that he executed. Him killing a doctor had no negative consequences and for a former cop, he's surprisingly quick to kill.
    Life's broken down a lot for Rick since the nice , we all can get along Rick Grimes who emerged from a coma. The turning point as my Walking Dead Reviews show is the "Nebraska" episode where Rick has to make a hard choice and he guns down 2 potential bad guys in that bar. Another turning point was the death of Hershel. The old man was Rick's angel on his shoulder in a sense telling him , it can be better. You can come back and be a good man. People can live together. Hershel's death was a blow to that process.

In season #4 , Carl nearly gets raped by one of the Marauders and it flipped the further switch in Rick Grimes. If you crossed him you'd fuckin die right there. No more games and chances. After Carl was nearly raped it effected his mind. Then you had what happened at Terminus and well....its no shock Rick's not gonna give people a chance to cross him.

The Rick character started so innocent and naive to the world. Its little shock he became nearly like Shane.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Life's broken down a lot for Rick since the nice , we all can get along Rick Grimes who emerged from a coma. The turning point as my Walking Dead Reviews show is the "Nebraska" episode where Rick has to make a hard choice and he guns down 2 potential bad guys in that bar. Another turning point was the death of Hershel. The old man was Rick's angel on his shoulder in a sense telling him , it can be better. You can come back and be a good man. People can live together. Hershel's death was a blow to that process.

In season #4 , Carl nearly gets raped by one of the Marauders and it flipped the further switch in Rick Grimes. If you crossed him you'd fuckin die right there. No more games and chances. After Carl was nearly raped it effected his mind. Then you had what happened at Terminus and well....its no shock Rick's not gonna give people a chance to cross him.

The Rick character started so innocent and naive to the world. Its little shock he became nearly like Shane.
    I know the why, I've been watching the same series

The problem is that it's just plain boring. It's his go to solution so often that it's no real surprise and frankly, little drama. I'd like to see some actual moral conflict and/or drama

With everything that has happened these past 6 seasons, Rick's attitude towards human life is a direct result of the death, and near death, of the people he cares about. Like he said, he doesn't take chances anymore and I think that's the right mindset to have. There's more bad than good in their world, most people cannot be trusted, and most people have hidden intentions. He's how I'd like to think I would be if the apocalypse happened.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Yeah, I didn't buy Morgan's justification either.

And I'm surprised Rick did; I half expected him to sucker punch Morgan in the face.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I know the why, I've been watching the same series

The problem is that it's just plain boring. It's his go to solution so often that it's no real surprise and frankly, little drama. I'd like to see some actual moral conflict and/or drama
    His go to solution began in season #2. It really hit the high point as Rick lost all hope in taking chances on people he doesn't know. When Hershel was killed as Rick was trying to take a chance on inviting the Governor and his group in....that seemed to put the kibosh on it. But as we see , if you work and earn Rick's trust ...he's for you. He backs you up and changes his view of you.

In the situation with Father Gabriel , once Gabriel became the man we see today ...he slowly earned Rick's trust. He gained it a lot. In a clip on Talking Dead (and this isn't a spoiler , I'm sure 99% of us have watched it. Gabriel tells Rick of all the plans for the battle ahead as Rick prepares to go save Michonne , Rosita , Daryl and Glenn. At the end Rick nods his approval and pretty much wants him to get Judith away if the situation breaks completely down.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

His go to solution began in season #2. It really hit the high point as Rick lost all hope in taking chances on people he doesn't know. When Hershel was killed as Rick was trying to take a chance on inviting the Governor and his group in....that seemed to put the kibosh on it. But as we see , if you work and earn Rick's trust ...he's for you. He backs you up and changes his view of you.

In the situation with Father Gabriel , once Gabriel became the man we see today ...he slowly earned Rick's trust. He gained it a lot. In a clip on Talking Dead (and this isn't a spoiler , I'm sure 99% of us have watched it. Gabriel tells Rick of all the plans for the battle ahead as Rick prepares to go save Michonne , Rosita , Daryl and Glenn. At the end Rick nods his approval and pretty much wants him to get Judith away if the situation breaks completely down.
    Again, I know why he does it. I'm just saying it's boring, predictable and often, pretty stupid.

Only fully trained doctor? Dead.

Only surviving member of a group of people you know nothing about? Dead.

Mayo jar won't open? Dead.

And on and on. If they wanna convince me that Rick is our zombie Jesus, meant to save us all, they need to pick up at least one more tool from the chest.

Again, I know why he does it. I'm just saying it's boring, predictable and often, pretty stupid.

Only fully trained doctor? Dead.
    If your talking about Pete , that guy was losing it. He was abusing his family and likely would have killed them anyhow. Plus he did kill Reg as we saw.

Only surviving member of a group of people you know nothing about? Dead.
    Which group are you talking about ? The Saviors ? Rick just heard the leader beat a 17 year old to death by Gregory and wanted his head brought to him. So of course Rick knows this guy is bad friggen news.

Mayo jar won't open? Dead.

And on and on. If they wanna convince me that Rick is our zombie Jesus, meant to save us all, they need to pick up at least one more tool from the chest.
    Rick's done enough to prove his leadership abilities honestly. Its not easy decision making and his descent has shown that.

Ultimate Member

Which group are you talking about ? The Saviors ? Rick just heard the leader beat a 17 year old to death by Gregory and wanted his head brought to him. So of course Rick knows this guy is bad friggen news.
    Yes, but he doesn't know how many people Negan has. He doesn't know how much equipment they have, where they're based.

He killed a guy who could have helped there, just because he mouthed off.

Rick's done enough to prove his leadership abilities honestly. Its not easy decision making and his descent has shown that.
    Honestly, he seems less a good leader, and more just a little better than the people around him.

Yes, but he doesn't know how many people Negan has. He doesn't know how much equipment they have, where they're based.

He killed a guy who could have helped there, just because he mouthed off.
    To be fair Gregory and others really don't know much about the Saviors and where they are located. Rick knows his community will eventually get them and he has to move on what information he believes he has. That the base is where Hilltop makes the deliveries. So he has to move there quick and take it out. Primo himself was never gonna tell Rick anything ...given his defiant ..."I am Negan !" He was gonna bullshit Rick more or less til perhaps he could lure him into a trap with the real one.

Honestly, he seems less a good leader, and more just a little better than the people around him.
    Its easy for us to stand on the sidelines and go , Rick should know that this isn't Negan or do this. But once ya place yourself in that character , ya know exactly what he's doing and why.

Ultimate Member

To be fair Gregory and others really don't know much about the Saviors and where they are located. Rick knows his community will eventually get them and he has to move on what information he believes he has. That the base is where Hilltop makes the deliveries. So he has to move there quick and take it out. Primo himself was never gonna tell Rick anything ...given his defiant ..."I am Negan !" He was gonna bullshit Rick more or less til perhaps he could lure him into a trap with the real one.
    People talking smack is hardly an indicator of future actions. Hardcore terrorists who were willing to die have given up information inside of 48 hours.

Rick, a cop, ought to know this. One has to wonder if his cop training extends past per-emptively learning to shoot people in the head.

Its easy for us to stand on the sidelines and go , Rick should know that this isn't Negan or do this. But once ya place yourself in that character , ya know exactly what he's doing and why.
    Yeah, for the sake of melodrama. The writers wanna skip a few steps. It'd be easier to respect if they had the balls to have Rick shoot an innocent person or the like

People talking smack is hardly an indicator of future actions. Hardcore terrorists who were willing to die have given up information inside of 48 hours.

Rick, a cop, ought to know this. One has to wonder if his cop training extends past per-emptively learning to shoot people in the head.

Yeah, for the sake of melodrama. The writers wanna skip a few steps. It'd be easier to respect if they had the balls to have Rick shoot an innocent person or the like
    I was trying to figure out what was wrong with this show but I could not have been able to put words into it - the writers seem indeed to skip steps. I wish the producers and writers from Breaking Bad/Call Saul were working in The Walking Dead.

This wasn't the strongest episode in terms of character actions (although interactions, I thought, were great). Both Carol and Daryl, I'm sorry, they know people will come after them. All Carol sneaking out means is she gets a head start which means her friends are going to be outside and in danger for that much longer.

But like I said, I did like Rick and Morgan together. The ending with everyone kidnapped was a good cliffhanger, although I wish Dwight hadn't said Daryl is okay. Just leave it with Daryl getting shot somewhere and blood splattering.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Aside from my disdain for the group getting caught, I liked the episode. Carol continues to be a badass despite her instability and need for solitude.
    What was so great about that scene was it wasn't Carol afraid of what those guys were going to do to her...she was terrified of what she would have to do to them.

I understand why Morgan has that philosophy. It brought him back and basically sticking to it keeps him sane. But his reasoning for saving the wolf doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You can play "If this happened then this person would be dead/still alive" until the cows come home. It doesn't prove anything.